Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Darklyspectre said:

Man is there any way to change the language for escribe?

Because every single time I install the latest escribe software it automatically puts the language in dutch....god I hate using dutch for vaping stuff.

Is your PC Local set to the Netherlands?

If that fails replacing file C:\Users\[your-user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Evolv\EScribe\Languages\nl\EScribe.po with C:\Users\[your-user-name]\AppData\Roaming\Evolv\EScribe\Languages\en\EScribe.po should do it, but it NL use "," for decimal it may create more problems than it cures.

I'm anxious for the next beta update as well. However I don't think there is a chinese mod that even comes close to even the quality of vape the dna 200 produces. I have a couple decent chinese mods ( IPV4 and Xcube II), and even with vaping standard kanthal the difference is night and day. The 350J chip might come close but I haven't tried it yet, so I can't compare it. Not to mention a device offering a TCR function (TCR projecting a straight line) is barely in the same ball park to the dna 200's editable thermal curve.
Just my 2 cents  

kickmeinthejunk i would have to agree with you that the dna200 is the best mod to date. But as of today the rx200 with the new firmware hits the dna200 hard in the face. this is why were seeing a lot of prices for the dna200 go down. the other day i saw my vt200 NIB for 110 or 120 that's 40 cheaper than i paid and i paid that when it was first released. and the rx200 is the only true 200 watt device out there besides the dna 200. I think evolve has to step up its game because there are alot of game changers happening in regulated mod area. why pay 150+ for a dna200 when you can get good results from a 40 dollar mod.

I didn't want to start a new thread and clog up the forum, so I'm posting in here. This morning I was watching my device charge, drinking coffee and decided to read the safety guidelines of my battery pack. I saw that there was a break-in procedure it said new lipo battery packs may require 12 or more charge/discharge cycles before the battery's optimum performance is reached. Is there a way evlov can add this to the program? I hard wire my battery packs in and would like to have my battery pack last longer. I just think it adds stress and wear and tear to the mod if your taking out your battery to fast charge it, and hard wiring it ( I think ) gives you more of a stable voltage supply. We're all builders of mods and if we can build them surly we can replace the battery (desoldered it) when the battery does die. What do all you guys think?

image.jpg

If you wanted to condition batteries you can use most hobby chargers, but would still need to manually start each charge and discharge function.  TBH I don't think anyone ever does 12 cycles, I have heard various numbers, 6 cycles seems to be widely accepted and if I were going to do this a lot I would make or look for a commercial available system to do it automatically all before putting the battery in the mod.  But I don't believe that it is necessary beyond quality checking and storage charging (around 40% for best shelf life), but it is a nice idea if you can offer it to your customers.

palagano1989 said:

... as of today the rx200 with the new firmware hits the dna200 hard in the face.

Add to that the fact that the Reuleaux RX200 has Mac OS X support for upgrading firmware.

While I can appreciate that software takes time to create and needs to be carefully tested (I've spent 20+ years in software development), I am growing increasingly frustrated by the lack of any new releases addressing the requests / concerns raised by users on this forum. Previous "early releases" were released at an interval of roughly one per month, but it has now been 3 months since the last "early" release.

Any word from Evolv on when we might see a new release will be much appreciated (though I understand, is probably unlikely).

Evlov/dimensionengineering are more of a hardware company and not so much a software company there doing the best they can. I own a DNA 25,40 and the 200 plus a sabertooth 2x32 motor controller. They do a good job on making there products bullet proof. I'm willing to wait till they get around to software updates.

As long as it takest.. there's only so much we can customise with a device and adding too much at once would be boring wouldn't it?? If they rush into a new update and everyone downloads it and there's something wrong then people aren't going to be happy are they.. I'd rather it be perfect wouldn't you? Id imagine the next update will be soon, if it's an official update (more likely) or an early one only the guys at evolv know.. (Who are just settling in at a new warehouse).. Just be patient, moaning about it isn't going to make it any faster..

Gm111 said:

As long as it takest.. there's only so much we can customise with a device and adding too much at once would be boring wouldn't it?? If they rush into a new update and everyone downloads it and there's something wrong then people aren't going to be happy are they.. I'd rather it be perfect wouldn't you? Id imagine the next update will be soon, if it's an official update (more likely) or an early one only the guys at evolv know.. (Who are just settling in at a new warehouse).. Just be patient, moaning about it isn't going to make it any faster..

to be honest I would prefer smaller updates dealing with one issue at a time. At least if there is a problem or bug it will be easy to narrow down the issue. 
if there are bugs with an update that addresses a number of issues it could be difficult to diagnose whether it is an individual component of the update or a combination of issues making the problem.

just my thoughts!