Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Just installed the new escribe version and updated the firmware in both my devices.  Am I correct in seeing that there is no way to set up a profile or material using a TCR value?  I'm using the Dolphin tank with a tungsten ceramic element, and this is a bit of problem.  I see nothing that looks like a temp coeff graph.  Would appreciate some help with this.

Edit - it looks like I will have to create a csv file using a TCR of 0.0045 for various temp points, and then import it to escribe.  I'm hoping I am just brain dead and missing something, cuz this seems a rather large loss of functionality.

mstave said:

Just installed the new escribe version and updated the firmware in both my devices.  Am I correct in seeing that there is no way to set up a profile or material using a TCR value?  I'm using the Dolphin tank with a tungsten ceramic element, and this is a bit of problem.  I see nothing that looks like a temp coeff graph.  Would appreciate some help with this.

Edit - it looks like I will have to create a csv file using a TCR of 0.0045 for various temp points, and then import it to escribe.  I'm hoping I am just brain dead and missing something, cuz this seems a rather large loss of functionality.

good point i just looked and noticed as well they took it away or i just can't find it. the box that lets you input your own TCR value is no more? that's a bad move. it was so nice to be able to just throw a tcr value in and call it good. o.O:(

i was hoping for a tcr adj from the mod itself, TBH. like joyetech, yihi, or sxk.

macz said:

[QUOTE=ChunkyButt200][QUOTE=James]Did you update your firmware? Mine says 'hold to change power'.

yes, 2016-02-10 mine doesn't say hold to change power. however, after the message 'hold to change temp' it does let me adjust the watts where i would normally adj my temp.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got the same "Hold to change temp" [/QUOTE]
Yep, same for mine.

ChunkyButt200 said:

[QUOTE=mstave]Just installed the new escribe version and updated the firmware in both my devices.  Am I correct in seeing that there is no way to set up a profile or material using a TCR value?  I'm using the Dolphin tank with a tungsten ceramic element, and this is a bit of problem.  I see nothing that looks like a temp coeff graph.  Would appreciate some help with this.

good point i just looked and noticed as well they took it away or i just can't find it. the box that lets you input your own TCR value is no more? that's a bad move. it was so nice to be able to just throw a tcr value in and call it good. o.O:(

i was hoping for a tcr adj from the mod itself, TBH. like joyetech, yihi, or sxk.[/QUOTE]

If you know who to ask about this, and could put in the question, that would be great - I'm having a hard time believing that they just shit-canned the function.

ChunkyButt200 said:

[QUOTE=mstave]Just installed the new escribe version and updated the firmware in both my devices.  Am I correct in seeing that there is no way to set up a profile or material using a TCR value?  I'm using the Dolphin tank with a tungsten ceramic element, and this is a bit of problem.  I see nothing that looks like a temp coeff graph.  Would appreciate some help with this.

i was hoping for a tcr adj from the mod itself, TBH. like joyetech, yihi, or sxk.[/QUOTE]

You can change the TCR under the Materiel tap. Mark one of the material and you get the values up and can then change TCR there.

flem said:

[QUOTE=ChunkyButt200][QUOTE=mstave]Just installed the new escribe version and updated the firmware in both my devices.  Am I correct in seeing that there is no way to set up a profile or material using a TCR value?  I'm using the Dolphin tank with a tungsten ceramic element, and this is a bit of problem.  I see nothing that looks like a temp coeff graph.  Would appreciate some help with this.

You can change the TCR under the Materiel tap. Mark one of the material and you get the values up and can then change TCR there.[/QUOTE]my man flem!

edit..... i spoke too soon. ok so i go into materials tab, then select a material from "available materials", where is the option to change the tcr? all i have at the bottom is the 'move' 'split' 'delete'.     where's the 'action' tab?   to make this clear, i'm using the new escribe james just put out a couple hours ago. i realize the old escribe had this. but i can't find it on the new escribe.

ChunkyButt200 said:

[QUOTE=flem][QUOTE=ChunkyButt200][QUOTE=mstave]Just installed the new escribe version and updated the firmware in both my devices.  Am I correct in seeing that there is no way to set up a profile or material using a TCR value?  I'm using the Dolphin tank with a tungsten ceramic element, and this is a bit of problem.  I see nothing that looks like a temp coeff graph.  Would appreciate some help with this.

You can change the TCR under the Materiel tap. Mark one of the material and you get the values up and can then change TCR there.[/QUOTE]my man flem!

edit..... i spoke too soon. ok so i go into materials tab, then select a material from "available materials", where is the option to change the tcr? all i have at the bottom is the 'move' 'split' 'delete'.     where's the 'action' tab?   to make this clear, i'm using the new escribe james just put out a couple hours ago. i realize the old escribe had this. but i can't find it on the new escribe.[/QUOTE]

For a while I couldn't find it either but then I just widened the screen.  It is at the same horizontal level as the Move/Resize, Split, and Delete but way over to the far right side of the screen.

ChunkyButt200 said:

[QUOTE=flem][QUOTE=ChunkyButt200][QUOTE=mstave]Just installed the new escribe version and updated the firmware in both my devices.  Am I correct in seeing that there is no way to set up a profile or material using a TCR value?  I'm using the Dolphin tank with a tungsten ceramic element, and this is a bit of problem.  I see nothing that looks like a temp coeff graph.  Would appreciate some help with this.

edit..... i spoke too soon. ok so i go into materials tab, then select a material from "available materials", where is the option to change the tcr? all i have at the bottom is the 'move' 'split' 'delete'.     where's the 'action' tab?   to make this clear, i'm using the new escribe james just put out a couple hours ago. i realize the old escribe had this. but i can't find it on the new escribe.[/QUOTE]

right side of the screen, under the graph.

I have been using it for a couple of hours now and liking it. Having the option to use the +/- buttons to change temperature is a big plus for me. I also like that I can adjust the temperature in 1 degree settings too. Another nice feature is the ability to change the wire types with the 3 button hold in locking mode.

macz said:

@ChuckyButt200

Edit: Try change resolution? Maybe that will work?

thanks macz i had to scale down all my apps to the tiniest size. then and only then i am able to see the action tab. i swear i need a magnifying glass just read escribe when it's scaled down that much, lol. at least i know now that if i need to gain access to the action tab it is technically possible albeit the tiniest escribe i have ever seen, lol.

ChunkyButt200 said:

that sucks for me, i'm using an 8 inch windows tablet. 'actions' no where in sight! my tablet screen does not let me scroll horizontally in escribe. up and down scroll but no horizontal. oh well......guess it's time to get a real desk top.

fuck.png 

I was hoping I was just brain dead, and it turns out I was - thanks to everyone who pointed out how to get to the graph and change the TCR

For those still seeing "Hold Change to temp" instead of "Hold to Change power" when you have temp. Dom. enabled, it's because you have a theme that's overriding that screen. Goto the Them tab --> Hold To Change Temp --> Click Default. it'll go back to the deault screen and you will see "Hold To Change Power" on your device

Just installed the new firmware and it's working very well. I love the new "temperature dominant" checkbox... VERY cool that this (long requested) feature can be applied on a per-profile basis. And the new "Materials" section is very well done too.

Kudos to Evolv! You guys have done a superb job on this. And, yeah, it was worth the wait :-)

Only little issue I've run into is that custom screens for "hold to change temp" and "hold to change power" seem to be swapped around, showing the "power" image for temp, and vice versa. I just clicked "Default" for both for now, so that the standard "Hold..." text displays instead of my custom screens -- either a minor bug or misunderstanding on my part on how to set this up.

Thanks again for this update!