Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Maybe I'm doing something wrong? In escribe I'm not able to set each individual wire tcr approximation under the action tab. For example nickel's default is 0.006 and it's set that way for each of my custom wires. If I change my titanium to 0.0035 it sets that for each wire. Not sure if any of this makes a difference.

Found it interesting that Device Monitor can run Python Scripts (what the h.ll is that).... lol  

Peaked my curiosity since I am not a programmer.  Found this video tutorial (over 11 hours) geared even for beginners.  For those interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uq3w6JJS00

I'm not sure I understand -- why are you setting a Tcr for Nickel or Titanium? Tcr is less accurate than a temperature profile, and we included them for both of those.
You transfer them from "Available Materials" to "Materials on Device", and then you can switch on the fly, or set a material for a profile on the General tab.

I have the custom profiles set for each of my wires, but yes Mactavish kind of sees what I'm saying. I enter the new number and it sets that number for all the wires. If it doesn't make a difference with setting the approximate tcr under the action tab for each individual wire setting, then no worries. Not sure if it did fine tune each wire to work more efficiently or not. I just used titanium as an example. My concern really is setting the approximate tcr value for reactor wire.

I've put up a new version 2016-02-12 / 1.0.39 with some small fixes.
The changes are: (1) it adds a separate graphic for Hold To Change Power, (2) the curve resizes correctly so Actions is always visible, and (3) there's a "New Material" button on the Materials tab, so it doesn't always have to come from a file.

James said:

I've put up a new version 2016-02-12 / 1.0.39 with some small fixes.
The changes are: (1) it adds a separate graphic for Hold To Change Power, (2) the curve resizes correctly so Actions is always visible, and (3) there's a "New Material" button on the Materials tab, so it doesn't always have to come from a file.

i thank you james and my chuwi tablet thanks you.

Hi James,

I downloaded the newest, newest firmware and I only have on question/request. I use a GoodTimes font custom Theme. I like how you added the extra screen for hold to change temperature and hold to change power. My question is would it be possible to add one extra screen for Temperature locked hold up and down? As it is now, if you are using custom screens, there is only one screen, so you have to choose if you want to have power locked hold up and down or temperature locked hold up and down. I understand there are probably limitations on memory and this is in no way a complaint. Just a question wondering if it's possible. Since I mainly use TC, I went ahead and made a Temp Locked custom screen and I'm using it. Doesn't make sense for me to be in the Temperature Dominate mode and have power locked coming up when it's the temperature I have locked. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Cheers,
Steve

Edit  I realize if I use the default screen it switches automatically between temp locked and power locked. I guess my question boils down to: Do we need to use the default screen to get it to switch or can an extra screen be added for those of us using custom themes?

Wingsfan0310 said:

Hi James,

I downloaded the newest, newest firmware and I only have on question/request. I use a GoodTimes font custom Theme. I like how you added the extra screen for hold to change temperature and hold to change power. My question is would it be possible to add one extra screen for Temperature locked hold up and down? As it is now, if you are using custom screens, there is only one screen, so you have to choose if you want to have power locked hold up and down or temperature locked hold up and down. I understand there are probably limitations on memory and this is in no way a complaint. Just a question wondering if it's possible. Since I mainly use TC, I went ahead and made a Temp Locked custom screen and I'm using it. Doesn't make sense for me to be in the Temperature Dominate mode and have power locked coming up when it's the temperature I have locked. Hope this makes sense. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Cheers,
Steve

Edit  I realize if I use the default screen it switches automatically between temp locked and power locked. I guess my question boils down to: Do we need to use the default screen to get it to switch or can an extra screen be added for those of us using custom themes?

Steve, have you seen James's latest post where they just released a newer version 1.0.39 where I believe the exact request you desire has been added?

JimScotty0 said:

[QUOTE=Wingsfan0310]Hi James,

Cheers,
Steve

Steve, have you seen James's latest post where they just released a newer version 1.0.39 where I believe the exact request you desire has been added?[/QUOTE]

Hi Jim,
I had saw his post and had already downloaded and installed it (firmware 2016-2-12). It's 2 different problems. I had downloaded the first update (firmware 2016-2-10) the night before. The problem that was fixed was screens #10 and 11 from the top in the theme tab (Hold to change tmp and hold to change power).

I'm talking about screen #8 (power locked hold up down). What I was asking for was if an another screen could be added for when I have temperature dominate checked (temperature locked hold up down). As it stands now there is only one screen (screen #8 from the top in the theme tab). It changes automatically if you have the default screen selected (between power locked hold up down and temp locked hold up down depending on if you have the temperature dominate box checked in a profile). If you are using a custom screens, it doesn't change. You would need another screen slot added if using custom screens. I hope that is making sense.

Cheers,
Steve

I set EScribe to show the temperature once it is reached. In the past version when the temperature was reached the wattage was shown in the place of temperature and the temperature in the main place of wattage. Now when the temperature is reached it appears in the wattage place and remain also in his position. So no more wattage is shown. Please correct