Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

New Coil actually should show up in Stealth. Is it not for you? What firmware are you running?

If you want to change wattage and have that make the screen bright, instead of using Stealth, you can achieve this by editing the Brightness settings in the Screen tab.

James said:

Conan, the version information is in Help->About, near the OK button.
If your resistance is jumping that much, your 510 may have a bad or dirty connection. If it is coming out of unlock, that suggests a pretty large change in resistance (over 25%), which should not happen with a solid connection.

Hi James. It turned out my unit was faulty-I have sent it in RMA today from the UK via airmail for repairs.

In atomiser anylyzer the ohms weren't actually jumping around- just the mod was stating the error ohms too high.

The fuse is blown, and god knows what else is wrong with it- Hotcig DNA200.

But I am glad it is being repaired, as it will probably be the best hotcig about after Evolv have worked on it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

[QUOTE=James]

I am going to post here firmwares a few days before they go on EScribe's auto-updater, for those interested in trying things early, and so if yall find a bug we don't release it to the auto-updater. We appreciate your help testing these.[/QUOTE] Um, there have been a sheit load of updates never pushed out. If I didn't rewatch Phil Busardos DNA 200 videos and confirm my software was up to date I never would have found this thread. After updating Escribe I discovered a firmware update for my Hcigar. I'm not trying to bust any body's balls here but seriously, who ever is in charge of making the decision to push out updates should be taped on the shoulder and given the yes it's time nod. You guys are doing a great job, why not share? ;)

You realize that the firmware from this thread is not what is pushed to the autoupdater right?

The links posted here are for the brave souls that like to live on the edge ...

When a version is fully tested and "approved" it gets pushed to the autoupdater for people not using "early release" versions, such as in this thread.

Watcher,

Actually what you are saying is not what the OP said in the post that includes the early releases. Actually James does say that the new firmware while not released yet is being released here a few days early so that the brave can assist in weeding out any problems.

I have to agree with Marguccl, I don't think any of the early updates have been moved to the Push Server which does strike me as a little strange.

"Two Cents" - ;) 

I guess I have been around software development too long .. LOL ..

I see "Few Days" and my mind translates to, "Whenever we get it done and it is ready, NO PROMISES" ..

What I said holds true, just not the "few days" part..  

If they find issues, or things that need to be fixed or unfixed, you can't always keep to a set schedule.

watcher64 said:

Phil's video did create some confusion, but the release September 3rd was the latest "official" release when his video came out ..

I saw a lot of confused people around me at the shop, until I showed them this forum .. LOL

Watcher,

You are correct, I forgot the last firmware post plus eScribe was the 9-3-15 firmware.

Oh - well I am going back to lurking mode it is safer that way. ;)

watcher64 said:

I guess I have been around software development too long .. LOL ..

I see "Few Days" and my mind translates to, "Whenever we get it done and it is ready, NO PROMISES" ..

What I said holds true, just not the "few days" part..  

If they find issues, or things that need to be fixed or unfixed, you can't always keep to a set schedule.

And I haven't been around IT and Programmers in a few years and forgot the golden rule. Take whatever the programer says is the ETA and multiply by 10 + 2 standard deviations.

• 2 weeks later...
bestest609 said:

What is causing this problem? When I try to upload settings to the device it fails every time and says "Curve is not one-to-one" very frustrating I have tried on 2 computers and different usb ports/cables

I've had that a couple of times - but when I have pressed the upload button a second time it has always worked.

I don't know if this was talked yet but I wanted to ask for a little modification to the "Screen" area.

I would suggest that we could have a different screen for both Temp control mode and Wattage mode simply because, when In Wattage mode, there's the line on the screen that shows that temp control is deactivated, which I would prefer to replace it with maybe the battery % or any other option.

I'm very new to this and have a question. My firmware is marked "2015-08-21.sw-update". Is this the latest update? If not, I'm not getting any info on updating it. I do have the "Automatically Check For Updates" Checked. How do I get updates if I need one? Thanks!!

I am having an issue with the Crown .25 coils.  Even with the new firmware it is reading the OHMs at .3 to .34.

I have also tried to lock the ohms to .25 and with the old and new firmware it seems not to lock.

I have the HCigar VT200.

Great mod.  I wanted to get away from batteries as I fly a lot and TSA has been a big hassle with my Sigeleis and chargers.

I have even ordered another VT200.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.