Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

I trust James....AND will add that even adding my device serial to the virtual machine I still had issues (so it could see the failsafe device ID).  I ended up flashing new firmware via a windows system.  If it happens again I will test the virtual machine recovery more.  Your success means that we may not need a windows box at all.

Mm. As far as VMs go... Parallels was a bit quirky when I tried it on a Mac Mini -- I'd tell it to allow the failsafe device, but it still wouldn't detect in the VM until I physically reattached it a second time. In that case, I think Parallels first tells the host OS 'send this to me', but the host OS decides where it goes on attachment. It makes sense from a programming perspective, but from a usability perspective, confusing as hell.

I could probably do to increase the timeouts more, or perhaps 'X is taking a long time. Keep waiting?' instead of a flat-out failure.

I have no experience with parellels at all im using virtualbox on ubuntu and used it on my friends mac i set up escribe on. virtualbox will run on windows, osx and linux so it might be an idea you thinking of using it as i would say its possible more people could be using it than only people using parellels from only 1 operating system. I didnt have to reconnect to see my device after it had failed which was handy but i did disconnect and reconnect to just double check the serial number appeared again so i knew which device was being detected.  Your solution is a great idea, adding a pop up saying the operation is taking a long time and asking to continue would be probably better than just failing all together would be a and hopefully save others going through the same

I changed the wattage press and hold scrolling speed, but it's not behaving how I expect. 

I increased both to 1w, but when I push the wattage up button, it goes in .1w increments, the same when I hold it.  Am I doing something wrong?

It may have slowed down the scroll speed, but I could use it slower.

EDIT:  OK.  Seems like the scroll sped changed, but not the push speed.

Hello, 
New here.
I built a box with a pass-thru to one of my 12v wheelchair batteries (Dual Group 24 batteries)... Works great, no complaints, virtual limitless battery juice for days... 
I was wondering if I can suggest that there could be a setting in the screen drop-down when it's in "Power Supply" mode that shows the voltage coming in from the pass-thru to the board... 
Kind of like the "Battery Pack" setting that shows the total of volts from the LiPo... Would be cool and also helpful when showing people what I've done.
TIA... GUH
 DNA200_PASS-THRU.jpg 

VapingBad said:

I am amazed there have been no requests for temperature increment I often have to use Escribe, both my 200 are set to 382 F ATM.

There have been. ;) Along with requests to make the unlocked state adjust temp rather than wattage (table driven state machine for the ui so we can set all "that stuff"). It will get there :)

scoopy said:

No 9-30 was the one pBusardo was using

I think lewiss means that many of the revisions in this latest firmware release where improvements suggested by Phil during his DNA 200 review.

I still think the most important one is missing... being able to directly adjust the temperature when in TC mode (without having to do the ''lock/hold/unlock shuffle'' each time). Phil was screaming it at the end of his 'thumbs down'' section of the review which was quite funny.

EDIT: Droopydroors got there before me :)