Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

if it ain't bust don't fix it,
it works, its the best, now we'r  just getting picky,

Quote:-Brandon has implied the next release will be significant.  No hurry as I am not in need of escrib regularly and have very little on my firmware wish list.

they may be individually tailoring update downloads to anyone on hear who have slagged them off, so when they take a vape they get a pisser, lol

stuartro said:

I'd prefer *any* update... just some sign of life.

Why? Has your board suddenly stopped working because the firmware is 3 months old? Is your juice tasting bland because Escribe hasn't got a new GUI lately?

Crazy thing is I must be really lucky because both my boards are working great running last years software and my juice still tastes awesome.

stuartro said:

[QUOTE=palagano1989]... as of today the rx200 with the new firmware hits the dna200 hard in the face.

Add to that the fact that the Reuleaux RX200 has Mac OS X support for upgrading firmware.

While I can appreciate that software takes time to create and needs to be carefully tested (I've spent 20+ years in software development), I am growing increasingly frustrated by the lack of any new releases addressing the requests / concerns raised by users on this forum. Previous "early releases" were released at an interval of roughly one per month, but it has now been 3 months since the last "early" release.

Any word from Evolv on when we might see a new release will be much appreciated (though I understand, is probably unlikely).[/QUOTE]

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartro
I'd prefer *any* update... just some sign of life.

Why? Has your board suddenly stopped working because the firmware is 3 months old? Is your juice tasting bland because Escribe hasn't got a new GUI lately?

Crazy thing is I must be really lucky because both my boards are working great running last years software and my juice still tastes awesome.

Every morning you wake up something new in the ecig and vaping has come out, I doesn't mean its any good,, Evolv Set Bench Marks 

Rage Kicker said:

No, my VaporShark is working the same as when I bought it. Which means that when I switch between RTAs (which I do frequently to avoid olfactory fatigue), I do the change temperature ritual frequently. My primary hope for an update is the ability to adjust temperature from the "main screen" while in TC mode.

soulseek said:

Many of us have praised Evolv for all their good work they've done on the DNA200.

But you have to admit that they have very slow in replying to a feature that has been requested so often and by so many users.

What a lot of people do not realize is we have been busy moving to our new facility. We aren't ignoring anyone or abandoning anyone. We love our customers, I was just at the St Louis Vape Expo over the weekend and spent time sitting with a lot of users and talking to them. 

Things have been a tad slow due to the move, but the work hasn't stopped for a single day. We are going to continue to break new ground in the industry and ask that everyone bears with us. This is the first time many of us here are undergoing something like this, and are working on fully moving a company that has been working in the same place since 2010. There is more work to do, and things to move than anyone could possibly imagine and we appreciates everyone's patience and support! 

:thumb:

Salernoslim said:

Thanks for the update nick. Moving sucks. I'm happy with the way everything works now, no complaints, but.........a preset for stainless would be convenient to have.

This is 110% something that will be in a new version. We do not just want to take TCR curves and throw them in the presets without knowing they work.

stuartro said:

[QUOTE=Rage Kicker]Why? Has your board suddenly stopped working because the firmware is 3 months old? Is your juice tasting bland because Escribe hasn't got a new GUI lately?

No, my VaporShark is working the same as when I bought it. Which means that when I switch between RTAs (which I do frequently to avoid olfactory fatigue), I do the change temperature ritual frequently. My primary hope for an update is the ability to adjust temperature from the "main screen" while in TC mode.[/QUOTE] You can change temp from the main menu u lock it by pressing the fire buton 5x then u press and hold the 2 menu button together for 5 seconds a d boom u can now change temp hope that helps

Shrek1802 said:

[QUOTE=stuartro][QUOTE=Rage Kicker]Why? Has your board suddenly stopped working because the firmware is 3 months old? Is your juice tasting bland because Escribe hasn't got a new GUI lately?

No, my VaporShark is working the same as when I bought it. Which means that when I switch between RTAs (which I do frequently to avoid olfactory fatigue), I do the change temperature ritual frequently. My primary hope for an update is the ability to adjust temperature from the "main screen" while in TC mode.[/QUOTE] You can change temp from the main menu u lock it by pressing the fire buton 5x then u press and hold the 2 menu button together for 5 seconds a d boom u can now change temp hope that helps[/QUOTE]
appreciate the input!  but i think you may have missed the point a bit here, what we are looking for is to be able to set weather or not you would like to change watts or temp from the main screen so you do not have to go through all the button pushes and hold this and do the hokey pokey

So... I hope the devs know that a lot of people (like myself) just monitor this forum because it's interesting and we like the product (because it's awesome), and we don't constantly ask for updates because... it's just kind of rude and it doesn't accomplish anything. I've seen lots of communities like this die out due to non-stop questions about when the next update is coming, why hasn't this been fixed, whatever. In general, being a tedious pain in the ass really doesn't motivate anyone to work.