Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

bluemustangs said:

Sorry to be "that guy" but I am brand new here and cannot for the life of me figure out how to make my own post. Do I need to make a certain amount of replies first or what?

Go here: 
http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/
Choose your category, near the top right choose "new topic".
You can usually choose the category within the new posts page also.

Hey fellaz, i have a question. Are there any plans to lower the resistance read and fire limit for temp control in the near future. As someone who likes to experiment with mixed material builds, this starts to become limiting. i would love to be able to use my 22g ni200 too. Im starting to see others going in that direction, and that is a very appealing feature. i may be the minority on this though.

Taver13 said:

Hey fellaz, i have a question. Are there any plans to lower the resistance read and fire limit for temp control in the near future. As someone who likes to experiment with mixed material builds, this starts to become limiting. i would love to be able to use my 22g ni200 too. Im starting to see others going in that direction, and that is a very appealing feature. i may be the minority on this though.

i've successfully fired a .02 ohm nife48/52 coil. i've heard the dna will fire anything, albeit using soft limiting, above a .002 ohm load. how much lower do you want!?

ChunkyButt200 said:

i've successfully fired a .02 ohm nife48/52 coil. i've heard the dna will fire anything, albeit using soft limiting, above a .002 ohm load. how much lower do you want!?

interesting, i was at .002 with a ti/ni dual clapton build and it was telling me the resistance was low, hmmm, i may have to go into escribe and make some adjustments

Whatto said:

guys @ Evolv, would it be possible to add Last Voltage for the display items?
Last Max Voltage and Last Voltage would be great but the latter would be enough as well

I would love to if my dna200 can show voltage of my wattage setting that before i press fire button

I have been using the beta version of escribe flawlessly for almost 2 weeks. Now it wont open  I can uninstall it and reinstall older version and it works  Update to beta and nothing  I am using windows 8.1 and as previously stated had been running beta for a couple of weeks. 

Rain said:

ermm, maybe I missed this somewhere but

(2) support for "Hold To Change Material", "Hold To Change Power", and "Temp Locked Hold Up Down" screens,

what should I hold to get those two options?

The Lock ones switch automatically depending on whither the profile it temp dominate or not.  To change material you need to lock (5 clicks on fire) then hold all 3 buttons down.

VapingBad said:

The Lock ones switch automatically depending on whither the profile it temp dominate or not.  To change material you need to lock (5 clicks on fire) then hold all 3 buttons down.

hay thanks it works just tried it I was wondering what the heck you were talking about .thanks

Currently running EScribe 1.0.42 with f/w 2016-02-23

Two points here: 

1. there appears to be a bug in the current firmware I'm running, when scrolling through wattage the speed that the wattage changes drops significantly just after the first "step-up" in scroll speed. Has anyone else noticed this?

2. I've just downloaded the latest version which I expected to contain f/w 2016-02-29 however I'm not offered any update for the device. There is no new f/w in the install location, only the version I'm currently running (and a couple of older versions). Am I missing something obvious here?

Viruk said:

thanks for the info blueridgedog

has anyone else noticed the slowdown in wattage scroll speed? I noticed this after I applied the 2016-02-23 f/w

*** 2016-02-23 EScribe 1.0.41 ***
https://www.dimensionengineering.com/software/SetupES_2016-02-23.exe (52MB standalone installer)

This version includes all of the changes of 2016-02-12 and also features:
(1) a friendlier Screen tab,
(2) support for "Hold To Change Material", "Hold To Change Power", and "Temp Locked Hold Up Down" screens,
(3) the speed of power adjustment no longer increases drastically when switching from 0.1W to 1.0W adjustments,
(4) detection of a DNA 200 in recovery mode - now it will suggest a firmware update instead of not showing up until you hit Update Firmware, and
(5) minor bug fixes and improvements to usability.

See #3

surgum said:

I would love to if my dna200 can show voltage of my wattage setting that before i press fire button

That would only be possible in non-TC modes. In TC modes, the resistance, and therefore the voltage, is always changing.

dl12345 while point 3 shows that there was a change to behaviour, my observations didn't match the description.

However having looked at it again, I'd previously changed the "watts hold increment" setting to 0.2 (down from 1) to compensate for the huge ramp up in scroll speed. The consequence of this setting is the scroll speed gets quicker, then slows down then picks back up again - which as a first impression was a strange observation.

I've now tried changing the "watts hold increment" back to 1 and the slowing down of the scroll speed makes much more sense as the increment is much larger and the result is much more "natural".