Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

MikeTheVapeDude said:

What was it about the 4-25 update that was dangerous to the mod? I got a dead battery bar indicator with a full charge which a soft reboot fixed, then came here and saw all the talk about it bricking DNA's. What is going on with it?

Dont know what the root cause is, just told you my own experience and what has been reported elsewhere.

My recommendation is to roll back to 2-23-16. Instructions have been posted several times.

yes please don't use any firmware other than what's available on the early firmware page. i just had two boards die with exactly the same symptoms running FW 2016-04-05. first symptom - battery charge/watt hour charge estimate falsely zeroed out. a few hours later nothing but clicking noises from the boards and warranty service messages on both screens. play it safe and wait for approved, by evolv, FW to be released. i have just sent the boards in the mail today. i won't have an answer to what killed the boards for some time. but better to be safe than sorry when it comes to "here one minute, gone the next" firmware.  

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, so I'm about 9 steps behind you guys, but my escribe has gone funky.

My mod died on me a few months ago and I am just now getting around to building a new one.  I finished my build (2s 18650).  Before I installed batteries, I plugged her in to escribe to set it up for my battery config.  I changed the battery config, then uploaded the settings.....

Then I saw a new ver of escribe available, so I downloaded it.  Now the mod tab has only kanthal power limit and manufacturer's settings.  Nothing else. No battery monitor, no battery settings, ect, ect. 

I searched and found this thread, uninstalled escribe and reinstalled the recommended ver.  Opened her up and low and behold, still missing everything in the mod tab.

Help would be appreciated.

Windows 8 if that's important

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys. Any info on when we might be able to get ready for the DNA200 firmware that will make our temp control more like the DNA75 and less punchy. Thanks in advance. I love my mods but the Up and down temp has me constantly making adjustments that is very frustrating not being able to get a consistent vape out of these bad boys.

RngrYogi said:

Hey Guys. Any info on when we might be able to get ready for the DNA200 firmware that will make our temp control more like the DNA75 and less punchy. Thanks in advance. I love my mods but the Up and down temp has me constantly making adjustments that is very frustrating not being able to get a consistent vape out of these bad boys.

Don't expect an answer from evolve, only crickets here. Not sure why this forum is linked to the evolve website. It seems like they've given up on the DNA 200. I really wanted to stick with the DNA platform but after been left out in the cold for the whole of 2016 its gonna be a difficult decision to buy another DNA device

dstroya said:

Don't expect an answer from evolve, only crickets here. Not sure why this forum is linked to the evolve website. It seems like they've given up on the DNA 200. I really wanted to stick with the DNA platform but after been left out in the cold for the whole of 2016 its gonna be a difficult decision to buy another DNA device

Are you having an issue with your DNA200?   Try contacting Evolv using the "Contact " page :

http://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add

dstroya said:

I am more a reader than a writer here, but in my humble opinion you are being a bit unfair. In several occasions i've seen Evolve staff (and even the owners) writing on this forum.
In regard to the firmware upgrades, i am one of those who enjoy discovering that we have new firmware with more functionalities, but understand that it takes time to make good and reliable things happen. 
I am very happy to see that 75's are better controlling tc in SS, so i expect that in a near future we will have that (and more) on a 200 firmware upgrade.
I do not feel abandoned regarding to my 200 and 133, and fully trust that this is the board to have (hum... maybe a 75 also in the near future, but dual 18650 9_9)

And by the way... I also did learn a lot with all these crickets :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just updated. Battery bar went to 0% but almost instantly returned to 51%. First impressions: TC on SS became amaizingly smooth. Running dual fused claptons 0.12ohm 120watts with 150w preheat on my RDTA, and now i have really pleasant vape, much much better than before! Thank you Evolv for great work!!!!!!

I also downloaded escribe v1.2
Now that Device Monitor is a separate application, you need to add a disconnect device button. You can't switch between devices without restarting Device Monitor.

Also, once this version is tested, please clean up all the links to the other versions. If someone buys a DNA200 right now, they will go to your webpage and download SetupES.exe even though the newer version SetupES75 works on both the 75 and 200 and now you have this third version.You have so many versions of EScribe and firmware that you are confusing the heck out of the new users. 

This version improves a lot of the basics of EScribe. Here is a list of improvements, by no means complete:
– Most windows are no longer modal.
– In Options, User Interface allows you to choose a desired complexity.
– This version is more modular. Device Monitor, Calculator, Production Utility, and Serial Terminal are now all optional install and can run separately.
– Other changes.

Device Monitor has been improved as well:
– You do not have to start EScribe to launch Device Monitor. It can be launched independently from the Start menu.
– You can run multiple copies of Device Monitor, and uploading/downloading settings will pause it.
– You can scroll back in time.

This version can communicate with DNA 60, 75, 200, and 250.