Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Hi guys,

I just got kicked out of tc again... Vaping on the dual claptons in power mode now.

Just some food for thought regarding wire mass. Could it be that I've got way more Ni80 as compared to SUS304 that the chip keeps reading the Ni80 rather then the 304? Seeing as how the TCR of 304 is quite low.

Will try to clapton thicker guage SS core (currently 0.4mm, will try 0.5mm but its in 316) and see how it goes.

I've got another mod, the guardian III which keeps the mode in temp control and doesn't get kicked out. Another mod which I've tried previously was the evic mini with a TFV4 mini also built with the same coil but single. It kept on jumping out of TC too.

Anyway, it works well in power mode but one negative point is the battery drain in power mode is higher and doesn't last me all day..

Thinking about it maybe I should just clamp down on the sus304 core from the post and try avoid the Ni80....hmm.

ahpaa said:

Hi guys,

I just got kicked out of tc again... Vaping on the dual claptons in power mode now.

Just some food for thought regarding wire mass. Could it be that I've got way more Ni80 as compared to SUS304 that the chip keeps reading the Ni80 rather then the 304? Seeing as how the TCR of 304 is quite low.

Will try to clapton thicker guage SS core (currently 0.4mm, will try 0.5mm but its in 316) and see how it goes.

I've got another mod, the guardian III which keeps the mode in temp control and doesn't get kicked out. Another mod which I've tried previously was the evic mini with a TFV4 mini also built with the same coil but single. It kept on jumping out of TC too.

Anyway, it works well in power mode but one negative point is the battery drain in power mode is higher and doesn't last me all day..

Thinking about it maybe I should just clamp down on the sus304 core from the post and try avoid the Ni80....hmm.

Here's an update... seems like its got nothing to do with the coils.. problem lies with my 510 connection.

The solder on the positive pin must have been damaged or something. I re-soldered the joint and all is well now. Not once did it jump out of tc.

Thanks to you guys for pointing out that a loose connection between the coils and the atty got me thinking and finally found the problem!

James said:

moto, you should be able to control the VaporShark DNA with the newest EScribe version in Early Firmware. Please let me know if it does not work.

James, I downloaded the early firmware which If I can recall was 10/21/15 and still says my device not supported or plug may be loose. But I can use same plug and port for my Wismec and without issues. I even removed escribe completely and re-downloaded escribe and all the same issues.

Yes, you will need one of the 2016 versions to connect to the VaporShark.

ahpaa, if you are using a combined coil of two materials intertwined, specify it as two parallel coils of different materials in Steam Engine. Done right you can have an accurately generated curve for your specific coil.

(Assuming, as with everything, that your manufacturer set Mod Resistance right.)

Hi All (first time post)

I have a VaporShark DNA200 and have updated the Firmware using the latest EScribe shown in the first post here (test version 2016-02-12 EScribe 1.0.39).

My Profile is set at nr 1 in Temp mode with SS coils (in Escribe)

I have looked high and low to find out how to change the Profiles on the VS. I tried the press + or - twice when locked as earlier in this thread but with no luck. I can change the Material easily (Power and +) and see which profile i'm on when changing materials but just cant change the profile!.

Not sure if its a bug when in Temp mode? or am i missing something completely.

I have 2 profiles for SS and a Ti profile but can not change between them on the device.

Any help would be grateful.

Thx

I noticed that between the last firmware and the test firmware that my crown .15 ni200 coils still read the same but on the old firmware I had to run 530f to get a warm vape but now 460f is warm and having to push 75 watts to get there. Vt200 @ .0045 mod resistance and case thermals are from evolv. Coil reads .154

Gabe_la said:

So, what it will be the ideal setup for the LG HG2s? 20 amp continuous and pulse?

That setting is for input current to the board, not it's output current. As far as I know, the input current is limited to 23 amps. I'm not sure why you can set it to 24 amps unless Evolv raised the limit. The chip-set has a 25 amp fuse that is a hard input limit, go over that and the fuse will blow.

The output limit is 50 amps continuous, 55 amp pulse, this is achieved by the chip stepping down the input voltage and stepping up the input current.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit To answer your question, you can set the Max Pulse Current to 23 or 24 amps (I'm just not sure what the max actually is, 23 as is written the spec sheet or 24 as what can now be selected in Escribe)