Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

I recommend downloading from here not an external site.

I've just installed this on 2 of my mods and it's a big improvement - even with NiFe48/52 wire I can already see its a lot smoother.

Great job Evolv and thanks. I've been waiting for this update for some time now and can now start making use of my SS316 wire stock :)

Hello.
I have DNA200 with "2016-02-23.sw-update" date 2016.05.06. We have new firmware "SetupES 2016-08-05 EScribe 1.2".
He have new "2016-02-23.sw-update" date 2016.08.05 and update SP file "1_2_SP2.sw-service".
I have a question, if possible.
How to update?
  1. Overwrite "2016-02-23.sw-update" to new?
  2. Or install SP file "1_2_SP2.sw-service"?

Helped me, please.
Thank you

Did the upgrade to 1.2 on my VS DNA200. Maybe someone can confirm this ODD behavior. Plugged in to charge. One of my on screen settings is to see "USB CURRENT", normally shows close to the 2 amp charge I get with my iPad wall charger. This field is now showing low numbers, constantly changing, charging is SLOW. I didn't change the setting, before update, it shows AMPS being delivered by the USB connection. It was a steady number like 1.96 amps. Now this field is showing numbers constantly changing, none close to 2 amps. I've done 2 soft resets, tested with two different chargers and cables. This may be a BUG! Take a look at yours, if you use the USB CURRENT screen setting while charging, which is one of the choices you really should be using!

Do NOT upgrade your VaporShark DNA200 yet. 

I have 3 DNA75 mods and 5 DNA200 mods. I upgraded all of them to the new firmware and they all work fine except the charging on the VS DNA200. From the on screen USB Current field and a USB current meter, it looks like the on board charger is ramping up to see how high it can charge. It goes from 0.00a to 0.77a and then starts over again. Same values on the mod and the meter. Plugged into my computer, it charges at a steady .5a (+/- .02a). I don't have a 1a charger but I have a 700ma charger and it's showing the same behavior. Plugging into my computer shows a stable .5a charging. I rolled back the firmware to the 2.23.16 version and no change. 

KTMRider said:

Do NOT upgrade your VaporShark DNA200 yet. 

I have 3 DNA75 mods and 5 DNA200 mods. I upgraded all of them to the new firmware and they all work fine except the charging on the VS DNA200. From the on screen USB Current field and a USB current meter, it looks like the on board charger is ramping up to see how high it can charge. It goes from 0.00a to 0.77a and then starts over again. Same values on the mod and the meter. Plugged into my computer, it charges at a steady .5a (+/- .02a). I don't have a 1a charger but I have a 700ma charger and it's showing the same behavior. Plugging into my computer shows a stable .5a charging. I rolled back the firmware to the 2.23.16 version and no change. 

thanks ktm and mactavish for the warning. i will post this problem in he beta forum. hopefully there is a quick fix. i too would like to add this update to my shark as well so.....

edit....i see James responded and stated his and another co-worker's shark 200 is charging just fine, 2 amps. i dunno, i'm too worried to try this update on my shark since they're proprietary boards and only VS can/will repair anything damaged. call me Scaredy McScaredycat.

It worked fine on my VS DNA 200, as well as Nick's. No problems charging at all. What are your cell voltages at, and your USB voltage? Of course if your batteries are nearly full, the charge will not be at 2A.

Hmm. What kind of chargers are you using? I am using an Aukey Quick Charge 3.0 single port and the charge port on a 7-port Anker USB hub.

I'm using a PowerBot PB5000 with Anker USB cables tested to work at 2a. The 700ma charger was an old LG phone charger. 

When I started, my battery was around 89% (950-ish Wh). I fully charged it via computer USB (3.0 port but only put out .5a) When the battery is full, the USB Current value is steady at a lower current (ie. 0.2a) and doesn't ramp up like it did. I will vape it for a while and check again.

James said:

It worked fine on my VS DNA 200, as well as Nick's. No problems charging at all. What are your cell voltages at, and your USB voltage? Of course if your batteries are nearly full, the charge will not be at 2A.

Hmm. What kind of chargers are you using? I am using an Aukey Quick Charge 3.0 single port and the charge port on a 7-port Anker USB hub.

First clue is I did not change anything other then updating Escribe to v1.2, and then the DNA200 firmware. Same iPad 2.1 amp charger and 2 amp capable USB cable wire. Then swapped out charger and cable same results. To answer the other questions. In Escribe: All 3 lipos show 3.97 volts TOTAL PACK = 11.92 volts 7.5 WH CHARGE: 74% No matter what charge was showing on VaporShark in the past, the AMP reading was always rock steady and accurate.

There also no amp reading on the DNA 60 screen but it shows that it's charging (I installed drained batts) on the device monitor. Plus how hot can I get the DNA 60 chip? 174.83F on the chip and thats inside the house I hate to see what it might be when its 90F outside. I don't think it likes my .08 TI build IMG_4246.jpg 

Not sure if 2amp charging was supposed to be implemented on the 200 boards but I am experiencing odd behavior regarding the battery meter. After rebooting the device it was displaying 0%. Left it over night on the charger and it was fine and displaying correctly in the morning. Today, after uploading setting changes, it's back to 0% although device monitor shows the pack at about 30%. Several soft reboots and still shows 0% on the device.

Plugging into a 2 AMP charger and the device shows as charging at just under 1 AMP. This seems to have revived the battery meter also as it has moved up to 7% in about 15 minutes. That percentage appears to be accurately reflecting the battery level according to the device manager.