Let's see your 200's!

Finely got my Alpine B series mod done it has a 7mm spacer. The spacer is for a Hammond I had to shave it a little for it to fit. I'm still stuck on the 18650's. I do plan on doing a G series mod with a battery pack

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_20160111_190223466_HDR.jpg  IMG_20160111_190341478_HDR.jpg  This is the fourth mod I built and I like it the least. Alpine G+ precut DNA200 type 2 box. The button hole was set too close to the corner so I had to file the nut down on one side, the board mount is described as able to remove chip if needed, but thats not true because the screws will just spin and since its designed to be glued in your not getting it out, plus the screen is not coming out and the space is far too small to re mount the ribbon. their boxes are made for grub screws, but they sell you magnets that dont fit.  I contacted these guys three times before the listing came up on ebay, i was pretty much ignored then my order came and it was missing 3/4 of my items, when I let them know I was missing items they just sent a new shipping number... not a word otherwise.  So after about 2 weeks I finally got all my things I dont know if they are too busy or what but I am going to avoid doing business with them in the future.  This is a venom 1300 35c btw, it fits perfect in this with a velcro strip on bottom to secure the battery, but it fits in a standard 1590g as is it were made for it. been using this battery for about a month now and its shown no signs of puffing or flexing, still hard as the day I got it and I get a true 1300 mah.  Luckily this box is sold already and I dont have to think about it anymore. Unfortunately I bought a gold box just like it but I am going to drill some board mount holes in the face so I can use some proper brass standoffs, these plastic board mounts just make everything feel kinda cheap, and I hate glue. 

Nykademos said:

IMG_20160111_190223466_HDR.jpg  IMG_20160111_190341478_HDR.jpg  This is the fourth mod I built and I like it the least. Alpine G+ precut DNA200 type 2 box. The button hole was set too close to the corner so I had to file the nut down on one side, the board mount is described as able to remove chip if needed, but thats not true because the screws will just spin and since its designed to be glued in your not getting it out, plus the screen is not coming out and the space is far too small to re mount the ribbon. their boxes are made for grub screws, but they sell you magnets that dont fit.  I contacted these guys three times before the listing came up on ebay, i was pretty much ignored then my order came and it was missing 3/4 of my items, when I let them know I was missing items they just sent a new shipping number... not a word otherwise.  So after about 2 weeks I finally got all my things I dont know if they are too busy or what but I am going to avoid doing business with them in the future.  This is a venom 1300 35c btw, it fits perfect in this with a velcro strip on bottom to secure the battery, but it fits in a standard 1590g as is it were made for it. been using this battery for about a month now and its shown no signs of puffing or flexing, still hard as the day I got it and I get a true 1300 mah.  Luckily this box is sold already and I dont have to think about it anymore. Unfortunately I bought a gold box just like it but I am going to drill some board mount holes in the face so I can use some proper brass standoffs, these plastic board mounts just make everything feel kinda cheap, and I hate glue. 

I liked your g+ I decided to build one :-) I needed a pocket size dna200. I noticed that this second alpine I got has tinted up/down buttons which I like a lot

image.jpg

image.jpg

black lace said:

Who are the them and someone els that you refer to?

The enclosure and all the parts to build it (minus the DNA200 board) came in a kit that was custom made for a group of people who shall remain nameless. 

Actually, 3 parts missing from the kit were a wire (from the DNA200 to the 510), battery and connector.

I had to dremel the buttons down a hair but it's better than having loose, rattling buttons. 

Yep, like VB, been vaping 2 devices since July and no overheating here.... but thinking about drilling some vent holes anyway so in the unlikely case the battery wants to vent pressure won't build up excessively in the closed enclosure. (air ventilation can already occur thru the switches and usb port also).

black lace said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad]Thanks jusrdanas, but Evolv designed it, Mod Crate made the enclosure and I just put it together and gave it a Scotch Brite finish.

thanx our bloke, your a star,, I got fobbed off earlier,[/QUOTE]
Those other ones were a bigger version and I think a one off run that is over and the T&Cs of where they came from prohibit those details being posted.