Let's see your 200's!

bigfatguy said:

Just wanted to share one of my dna200 mods. I seen on Facebook a guy who built one kinda like this and I had to make my own. Alpinetech A+ brass buttons and a brass cap for a FDV v4 powered by a 12v power supply.

Thats pretty cool B|

djvanlandingham said:

Just built my second DNA 200 in the last 2 days again with ModCrate parts. ModCrate green Silo 1300 box with ModCrate HCP 510, Glacier 1300 lipo. Hats off to ModCrate for there service, shipping and prices. This whole building a DNA box mod is addicting! 

IMG_2602.jpg  IMG_2603.jpgIMG_2606.jpg 

How is the Silo's width compared to the 1550P? I see its a little taller and probably has a little more depth.

Width about the same maybe just a hair thicker. The 1550p+ shorter deeper, Silo taller thinner. I'm leaning to the Silo being my fav but less room to use the XT60 plug on the battery because the 1550 is a little deeper I could use the XT60 plug and run it between the DNA board and the battery. And I had to file a little off the lid lip on the 1550 to clear the 510 nut. I'm sure somebody could get the battery to fit in the Silo with the XT60 plug but I was tired of fiddling with it. LOL!
IMG_2614.jpg 

djvanlandingham said:

Width about the same maybe just a hair thicker. The 1550p+ shorter deeper, Silo taller thinner. I'm leaning to the Silo being my fav but less room to use the XT60 plug on the battery because the 1550 is a little deeper I could use the XT60 plug and run it between the DNA board and the battery. And I had to file a little off the lid lip on the 1550 to clear the 510 nut. I'm sure somebody could get the battery to fit in the Silo with the XT60 plug but I was tired of fiddling with it. LOL!
IMG_2614.jpg 

Thanks for the pics. I had trouble with my choice of lipo's for my 1550P. It was too thick and the door would not close all the way and wanting to get it up and running I made a pack with two LG HG2's and soldered them direct to the board for usb only charging. I had to desolder the JST plug and re-wire it to charge two cells. What battery is that your using in your 1550P?

djvanlandingham said:

Glacier 1300 lipo It was a tight fit also and I had to screw the lid shut.

http://www.buddyrc.com/glacier-45c-1300mah-3s-11-1v-lipo-battery.html

I had bought the Turnigy nano tech 1300mah and it was about a mm to thick with the outer wrapper taken off even. I used the plastic safety wrap from the Turnigy for my HG2's as I did not have any shrink wrap large enough for two cells then tapped that on. I am really happy with the battery life I am getting from the LG's. I get a full day out of it if I keep it under 50w.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen some awesome mods here and couldn't help starting my own, so here's the box. Felt kinda weird not doing one myself (no I didn't do the box, I ain't that artistic and I don't own a cnc, pretty much just laid out what I wanted). Looks like a Lippo 1300 is barely gonna fit...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

mossmoon said:

Seen some awesome mods here and couldn't help starting my own, so here's the box. Felt kinda weird not doing one myself (no I didn't do the box, I ain't that artistic and I don't own a cnc, pretty much just laid out what I wanted). Looks like a Lippo 1300 is barely gonna fit...

Wow that is bad ass!

Late to the party but here we go.

Called this Ulysses because I have a particular mod naming strategy to do with eternal champions and it suits since I've had all the parts for building it since January 2016, so it must have been off having protracted adventures.

Decided to resurrect skills I've not used for 20 years or more and build a nice walnut box.  While the final results aren't perfect I think it turned out quite well.  I varnished the wood with matt varnish but still has a slight shine which I shall be dulling down with time and careful chemical work.  You can see various stages of the build in a photo album I have.

CustomDNA200.jpg 

Oh and the custom menu pictures are. . .

DNAPlay.jpg

vereybowring said:

2 days, blown board.

Massive anger and disappointment.

>:(

What happened to yours? One of mine died it was the Hana. Board just went dead would not power up. I checked all the connections and verified that it was getting power, changed the lipo out, was getting power on both sides of the fuse but still nothing.

They did make the return process pretty simple. Sent a RMA form and said it would be repaired or replaced which makes me feel ok about it all. I am just glad I had another on hand to play with or I may have been a little pissed. I chose to pull the board out of my Hana myself just to save time they would have done it for me but that takes some of the fun outa it.

Rob_H said:

What happened to yours? One of mine died it was the Hana. Board just went dead would not power up. I checked all the connections and verified that it was getting power, changed the lipo out, was getting power on both sides of the fuse but still nothing.

They did make the return process pretty simple. Sent a RMA form and said it would be repaired or replaced which makes me feel ok about it all. I am just glad I had another on hand to play with or I may have been a little pissed. I chose to pull the board out of my Hana myself just to save time they would have done it for me but that takes some of the fun outa it.

2 days of operation but less of usage because of charging.

Picked it up, hit the fire button resulted in a soft popping noise and it went dead.
Opening up the box there was that faint ozone smell of blown circuit.

Fuse still seems fine as is the lipo pack and I can't see any visible damage to the board components.
Doesn't connect/power up on USB either with or without battery still attached.  Escribe also doesn't see it so it's basically completely dead.  I can join the throng of folks with a dead DNA200.

Waiting to hear from evolv about RMA.

vereybowring said:

2 days of operation but less of usage because of charging.

Picked it up, hit the fire button resulted in a soft popping noise and it went dead.
Opening up the box there was that faint ozone smell of blown circuit.

Fuse still seems fine as is the lipo pack and I can't see any visible damage to the board components.
Doesn't connect/power up on USB either with or without battery still attached.  Escribe also doesn't see it so it's basically completely dead.  I can join the throng of folks with a dead DNA200.

Waiting to hear from evolv about RMA.

Mine is landing there tomorrow hopefully the turn around is not too bad.

My first:

[28730246096_5fb303b759_b] 

To be honest I didn't really like it at first & put it up for sale again about an hour after I got it. But I couldn't resist and started playing with it again yesterday, found a different profile for my wire of choice (titanium), and I'm afraid I'm hooked now. So I think it needs a little brother or sister (75) to keep it company.