Let's see your 200's!

well ive only done 1 diy mod and it was a conversion from a steam crave 50 watt to the dna200 chip with 900 3s fullymax or whatever its name is.new to the modding and computer stuff.so i havent figured out the escribe stuf and am a bit itimidated to try it.anyone know where a dna 200 squonk 3d print can be had?after seeing some of the stuff here idk if this mod even belongs anywhere near this page.sorry for the HUUUUGE photo,dont know how to downsize it.-Rick IMG_20160424_183154.jpg

thanks jurdanas, and sorry for the coffee spillage!ha ha.i just ordered a squonk box from FDV and a new dna 200 chip,what i need to know is when the batts say 20c or 20-40c...what does that stuff mean?im pretty sure i need to stay with 3s batts and not the 4s type.i think im just dangerous enuff to blow my face off if i dont ask you all here what i need to learn.escribe wasnt as hard to use as i thought it would be either,so cool!sorry off track adhd at work.ha ha.i have a fully max 900 mah batt in the box in the pic.i want to go bigger mah but not sure what batt to buy.im in no hurry cuz i want the box in my possesion so i can measure what size i have to work with.just tryin to be smart b4 i do something....stupid...lol.makes sense NO?anyone that could help me out id appreciate it.thanks!

for instance will this work?would the dna 200 charge it?the 3s1p has me wonder what it is.

Specs:
Capacity: 3000mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C Burst
Weight: 301g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 136x45x25mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: XT-90

black lace,thanks man,i didnt get to make the box but it was a transformation for sure.i got lots of help from a cat in austrailia thats done a bit of modding himself.2 weeks ago i never woulda thought i coulda done this.i did have to farm the soldiering out cuz for 2 days i tried and noway could i get the soldier to stick.was to skeerd to leave the iron on the board for fear of screwing it up.,so $16.03 later the radio shack cat did it up.i was happy to have it done,gonna try to soldier the next one and hope i can get it done MYSELF!the mess on the right side was from the dremmel arbor eatin through the tape,cant hardly notice it with the faceplate on now though.the white FP was too brite so sharpie with a coat of clear...lol.its stayin on there.anyways thanks and sorry again for the huuuge pic. IMG_20160418_175657.jpg 

i saved the old board out of the steam crave mod and the battery tray. im gonna just mess with soldiering wires back onto the places i cut them off of.at least ill get a bit of practice with the board soldiering anyways.the box in the pic looks worse then it is.i had it wrapped in the blue painting tape so thats why it looks raggety..well that and i let the arbor screw it up.ha

thanks for the sound advice folks!2nd dna200 on its way!will this lipo work with the dna200?

Specs:
Capacity: 3000mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C Burst
Weight: 301g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 136x45x25mm
Discharge Plug: XT-90

im not gonna be able to use that batt...to long wont fit in the box.main thing is i didnt know if the 3s1p meant something i needed to know.ill only have about 100mm x 67 wide x 22 thick for a batt.so til i get the box(FDV squonk) i wont buy one til i know for sure what room i have to play with.prolly end up with 1300Mah maybe idk yet.thanks for the info.you did see the steamcrave box right?its all crammed in there.to the point the battery is kinda holding the board to the faceplate.the aluminum flat piece i put between the bottle and batt keeps it all from moving,its kinda press fit in there.works i guess.made it through 1 drop now so far,fingers crossed.

add:those dimensions are for the whole box not just the batt,everything should fit nice,need some velco or 2 sided tape ill bet.

heres what ill probly use,1500 should be a lil better then the fullymax 900.the xt 60 will prolly be cut off...or soldered off.

Spec.
Capacity: 1500mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
Discharge: 35C Constant / 70C Burst
Weight: 129g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 88x34x21mm
Discharge Plug: XT60

Rudedog94:: Any new build i fit the board beffor measuring for a battery, unless ive been told otherwise, but have still stripped some of the outer skins off one or two to get to fit (it hasnt worried me, because of being sealed in a metal box,) Xt 60s take up too much space for me, but if you have the room you will probly find that if you have your jsth connector on an inch or so on leads off the board rather than insitue soldered, it will have no pronlem just sliding in between the pos and neg of the xt connector. i cut the male and females out of the xt30s and solder them, and then cover them with shrink tube once connected, just slide it allong..

i am waiting to get my board and box ill be using before i get a battery for sure.wish i coulda got 1 of the dna75 chips but til then the 200 will do nicely.are you talking about shortening the 4 wires that come off the battery to make that lead shorter?my last chip was soldered direct to the battery,non of the connecters like the xt60 were used at all.i didnt have any shrink wrap on the pos and neg batt wires,if i could do over i'd definitly have shrinkwrap on them for sure.newbie mistake,dad taught me better then that but its been a looong time.from what i saw of the FDV box it seems to have plenty of room even if its a lil "cheap" feeling,meaning lightweight and easily scratched.i just didnt wanna pay a 100$ for a 3d printed box,i can always wrap the FDV box.just learning how to do any of this so im surprized ive started on my 2nd build..lol.i just couldnt justify $400 to???? however much money for boxes built by someone else,especially after i saw how relatively easy it is to build one myself....excluding the soldering ...so far..ha ha.the 1500 mah batt may end up working,idk about cuttin any of the covering off a batt though,havent gotten that bold yet..ha.i appreciate all the help/feedback from all the online places ive been so far,learning more everyday.THANKS !!

soulseek said:

That looks quite smaller than the VTC mini from this angle. Would you mind posting more photos?

I can't show much detail until it's officially released, but this shows the max I can ATM.  The box is made from alu box section, with one side panel brezed on.  The buttons are made from shelf pins, the battery contacts are made from circuit board & a ProVari 3 spring.

[20160420_125313_Copy] 

[20160428_024222_Copy_Copy] 

rudedog94 said:

i am waiting to get my board and box ill be using before i get a battery for sure.wish i coulda got 1 of the dna75 chips but til then the 200 will do nicely.are you talking about shortening the 4 wires that come off the battery to make that lead shorter?my last chip was soldered direct to the battery,non of the connecters like the xt60 were used at all.i didnt have any shrink wrap on the pos and neg batt wires,if i could do over i'd definitly have shrinkwrap on them for sure.newbie mistake,dad taught me better then that but its been a looong time.from what i saw of the FDV box it seems to have plenty of room even if its a lil "cheap" feeling,meaning lightweight and easily scratched.i just didnt wanna pay a 100$ for a 3d printed box,i can always wrap the FDV box.just learning how to do any of this so im surprized ive started on my 2nd build..lol.i just couldnt justify $400 to???? however much money for boxes built by someone else,especially after i saw how relatively easy it is to build one myself....excluding the soldering ...so far..ha ha.the 1500 mah batt may end up working,idk about cuttin any of the covering off a batt though,havent gotten that bold yet..ha.i appreciate all the help/feedback from all the online places ive been so far,learning more everyday.THANKS !!

no i was on about coming off the board with 4little wires then fitting my jsth connector to them rather than direct onto the board, its just a bit moor move aboutable, but you need all your bits together and think it through whats best and suits you, never needed to shorten the jsth leads off the battery because they just squish down nice and small anyway and it would be pointless extra work, but i have halfed battery leeds and used the half to connect to the board and back to battery via a mechanical connection ie, xt30 ect. Edit.. Oh yeh, i have got someone in mind to do a dna75 for, and then i can say ive built one, and had a good go with it,, but i'm not that taken at the moment, i dont know anything aboug tham.. i'm quite happy with my lipo power paks, moor wattage than i ever need use, except i am pre heat punching Ni200 at 100 watt, so thats one thing to compare..

VapingBad said:

I can't show much detail until it's officially released, but this shows the max I can ATM.  The box is made from alu box section, with one side panel brezed on.  The buttons are made from shelf pins, the battery contacts are made from circuit board & a ProVari 3 spring.

[20160420_125313_Copy] 

[20160428_024222_Copy_Copy] 

Thank you very much. This is very interesting. Plenty of empty space in there to make the mod even narrower. Can't wait for the board to be released so I can slap this in a 3D printed case.

i understand what your sayin now black lace about moving the connecter off the board.well i got my box and its lookin like my shapeways dna200 v2 with buttons/faceplate will probly not work.bummer cuz id ordered it already and had it made out of the semi metallic stuff.oh well need to find a bezel and dna200 cradle and be real careful about measure and cuttin the fire/up/down button holes.only thing i hated about the box is the corner is cutoff like the sunbox types are.but it leaves me the option of puttin a lighted fire button up there if i want.just have to figure the soldering of the wires out is all.its tuff lookin up stuff on the 3d printing websites like sculpteo,ive ordered prints from them when i built the peko mods when george had them available.ecf really screwed him over on that deal i thought anyways.anyone have any links to bezels and such for the dna 200 with buttons also?ima look but just had a tuff time with sculpteo but awesome prints to be sure!26650 would be great on a dna 75 i bet!im diggin the plenty of power from the 200 also and idk if ill build a 75 for me...love the mah i can get outta the lipo paks.