Let's see your 200's!

straight forward gbox setup, will put a larger 1300 battery in later and then glue it shut, at least semi perminatly, cant see any reason to have such easy access to its guts.    dna200_pic_1_&_2_001.jpg

oh ok, I did say don't wish to sound critical and then did, I don't know about you but I've found the silicon so flexible it can creep back and expose moor of the bare strand, specially when maneuvering and manipulating the fascia onto the box because the wires are such heavy gauge, and I would have used the 14 gauge for my out and ground and 16 for the battery and I would have insulated over the firing button solder tabs and then I could solder and heat shrink  my ground and out weirs onto the pads with the wires laced away from the board Rather than over and because the jst tap stands off the board I might have tinned up my battery Leeds and then bent them 90% and soldered them down to stand off and away . But just saying that's all.

davemaxx said:

oh ok, I did say don't wish to sound critical and then did, I don't know about you but I've found the silicon so flexible it can creep back and expose moor of the bare strand, specially when maneuvering and manipulating the fascia onto the box because the wires are such heavy gauge, and I would have used the 14 gauge for my out and ground and 16 for the battery and I would have insulated over the firing button solder tabs and then I could solder and heat shrink  my ground and out weirs onto the pads with the wires laced away from the board Rather than over and because the jst tap stands off the board I might have tinned up my battery Leeds and then bent them 90% and soldered them down to stand off and away . But just saying that's all.

You can use heat shunts on the wire to stop it drawing solder and becoming stiff and pull back rather than strip the insulation then stretch it out again when you are finished.

davemaxx said:

I understand what your saying, but i oriented my solder connections to the board in a certain way to relieve stress when it is assembled, had i turned the output wires around, they would have crossed the swith and been turned at a sharp angle, placing more mechanical strain on the solder joint. Same goes for the battery to board joints, they allowed me to loop them over and connect to the bullet connectors on the battery and be tucked down beside the battery in the box. I see your point on using the 16g from the battery and 14g on the output side. But it is what it is now. As for the switch wires, they are more than clear of any other components and are not really a concern. When I planned my wiring, i took into consideration the stress placed on the solder joints more than anything, so I avoided any tight bends in the wire, and made sure there was a plan for every wire placement.

There are a few shots on hear where the whole solder pad has been torn clean off the board, its good to form the wire in the shape you need befor you solder it down, tweezers and forceps can also be used as heat sink tools.  Im sure you will agree that the statment ... "its not a race" is sound advice...

After 2 solid weeks of pounding my head against the wall I finally got this boxer style dual 18650 dna 200 built. I had everything right but the chip wouldn't stay powered. Come to find out the ground pin from the balance tap had come loose where soldered to the board and I couldn't tell it because it was already mounted in the case! Talk about frustrating! I nearly lost my sh#t more than once and was tempted to light the whole thing on fire. In hindsight, I should have picked a much bigger enclosure to use for my first time ever soldering or modding. I have an authentic boxer with 350j and love it so I thought this would be fun. .lol. I'm very happy with the chip and the enclosure fits as advertised but it's no where near as beefy and solid as a authentic boxer case fyi.. I see that Ginger vapor is selling the authentic in a build yourself version and I wish I'd have gone that route for the exact same money I spent on this reproduction. But it's built now and I'm gonna vape the piss out of it until my Alpine tech 1590g plus gets here then I'm gonna attempt to get this build put into that! It's a viscous cycle!

20151018_130037.jpg

20151018_125936.jpg

20151018_125946.jpg

20151018_130028.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A little 1590A with brass pushrod buttons and brass low profile 510, these Hammond boxes are a zinc alloy and are a harder metal than the billet aluminium so are quite hard to polish with only basic tools, the next one I build I think I will sand it with fine wet and dry so it has a brushed stainless look, the DNA 200 board, box and Fat Daddy Connector all supplied from modmaker.co.uk, the buttons are from an old ball valve arm and spun in a drill chuck and fieled to size.
1590a_03.jpg1590a_02.jpg  1590a_01.jpg 

1590a_03.jpg

There's been a number of new drippers and tanks hitting the market that would make use of the bottom air flow although not dependent they would benefit from them. Thinking about it a few tanks would be dependent, flavor chaser tanks I can't recall the names of.

Just happened across a vid and remembered this thread, Calix is one of them.

a good tool a 1590, will defiantly do some distance between charges, done a few myself with the dna 40 chip with parallel 26650 batteries and the screen tucked down the one side and chip sat under the 510 connector, if I can find a pic i'll post it up.
its always what can I squeeze in there.
1590_dna40_twin_26650.jpg