Let's see your 200's!

Very nice Wibberly. I have been thinking of doing something similar for a while, although I would like to use a Lipo or 3 x 18650's. I have been thinking of machining a top and bottom cap out of brass and then bending the copper to fit around it, but I'm not sure yet. I have cnc access, but I'm not sure what to do yet.

Evolvs new black anodised reference mod! I sent my reference mod in for repair as the chip needed replaced. To my surprise I received this black anodised one back! I love it and was hoping on getting it finished anyway so this was very nice of them! Thanks again Evolv!!

20151104_183011_Clayton_St.jpg

20151104_181959_Division_St.jpg

20151104_183000_Clayton_St.jpg

20151104_182829_Clayton_St.jpg

Adding two fire buttons was not such a bright idea, seemed good at the time. I was not sure how effective placing the fire button on top would be, works really well and now wonder if I could software disable the onboard one but I think I already know the answer if logic has anything to do with it.

I finally got my split body DNA200 mod completed. Machined it at home in my garage on my Tormach PCNC770 from 6061 aluminum. All of the CAD and CAM were done in Autodesk Fusion360. The buttons and side plates are machined from damascus style M3 Mokume. Using the Turnigy Nano-Tech 1300 mAh battery and Evolv 510 connector. Huge photo album with lots of pics and information in the descriptions.

[NK5M2bg] 

I'm not getting a great vape from my reuleaux using 24ga ss 316L at dual coil reading .200 . Seems to hit 470 very quick and not warm up with sub par vapor production. .but when I put it on my boxer dna200 it just rips.Now both mods rip using standard non temp control mode, only having the issues while using it as temp . Using the tcr generated from steam engine on both mods. What are your stats for running stainless or are you just in wattage mode, not temp?

Jvape78 said:

I'm not getting a great vape from my reuleaux using 24ga ss 316L at dual coil reading .200 . Seems to hit 470 very quick and not warm up with sub par vapor production. .but when I put it on my boxer dna200 it just rips.Now both mods rip using standard non temp control mode, only having the issues while using it as temp . Using the tcr generated from steam engine on both mods. What are your stats for running stainless or are you just in wattage mode, not temp?

I'm just using it in wattage mode atm with the SS RTAs.

Using 317l SS and the TFR from steam engine, i have a dual 25awg contact coil setup and running with 70w pre heat, 6.5 punch and 55w normal, temp limit set to 190c in an Aromamizer with the Velocity deck and im getting a nice warm vape and not even hitting the temp limit.
It was flaky at first until i gave the 510 threads on my mod and atty a quick wipe to clean the threads and now it rocks.

This is Betty White, Betty is solid copper 1590g from Dripp3d with brass bezel. Gold-steel 3d buttons from mamu, FDV v4 shorty low-pro copper, also brass standoffs and brass screws with brass nuts(wink), and a turnigy "1250(long)"  Battery is changeable.                                         KIMG0041.jpg    KIMG0047.jpg

KIMG0027.jpg

Nykademos said:

And this is James Dean.  James is a FDV "Big G" enclosure...hadn't seen anybody use one of these yet. Sliding door with a spring-loaded lock on the bottom, no screws or magnets needed.  Very liteweight. KIMG0056.jpg  KIMG0051.jpg
No glue or epoxy used on my project unless its superglue on a magnet.

very tasty! great job! hows the fire button in relation to firing, holding it? obviously thumb fired but is it natural, comfortable? maybe this one wont veer off the road and crash?

ChunkyButt200 said:

[QUOTE=Nykademos]And this is James Dean.  James is a FDV "Big G" enclosure...hadn't seen anybody use one of these yet. Sliding door with a spring-loaded lock on the bottom, no screws or magnets needed.  Very liteweight. KIMG0056.jpg  KIMG0051.jpg
No glue or epoxy used on my project unless its superglue on a magnet.

very tasty! great job! hows the fire button in relation to firing, holding it? obviously thumb fired but is it natural, comfortable? maybe this one wont veer off the road and crash?[/QUOTE]I love the mitecs, I finger fire but either is equally comfortable, the box itself is hard edged and i could see the corners wearing in some rebel-like marks in your jeans.  I'm going to give it bigger, more shiny up-down buttons and a carbon fiber wrap.  The finish that comes fro FDV is very easily scratched.  I'm also putting on a regular v4 connector, no need for low pro here.  I like Betty White better though, the copper box is so heavy and rounded edges are nice, plus the patina between polishes.... it always looks cool.  James Dean is more my daily user, if he crashes and burns I will always have Betty White.