Let's see your 200's!

dwcraig1 said:

Against my better judgment I will post this, my friend bought a 3D printer and made this box for me. So I built it.
SAM_0990.jpg 

Why not post it? Are you worried someone might say something about the color scheme? Something like that is a very bright color? Were you worried some one who knows you might say something? Someone who picks on you from time to time? I don't know? Someone like me!? ? LMAO. Seriously though, it's a cool looking box. I have a 3d printed box I liked a lot and the wife kind of took it over (ie: she stole it from me :( oh well). While I'm not a fan of 3d printed boxes in general, they are crazy light weight and that makes them great! At least in my opinion. I'm curious how you'll seal it, I have found that lighter colors pick up dirt, grime, oils, etc like a sponge. The one the wife has is dark so it holds up. But I'm no expert. Nice case overall. How do you like it?

• 3 weeks later...

My latest build, more of a refurbish. Got it used off a younger person, was a DNA 200 with a 1300 battery that was bulging and a cheap 510 that was falling apart. Got a Brimstone sled, Ati brass buttons, FDV 510, some brass bolt and nuts to put it back together. I also tried my hand at etching (supposed to be gears), didn't turn out great, but this is a work mod so it doesn't matter to me how ugly it may look.
IMG_0272.jpg  IMG_0274.jpg  IMG_0276.jpg 

• 2 weeks later...

These new brass and copper dna kits from Dripp3d are the easiest and the prettiest pre-cut boxes on the market.  29.7mm wide P+ style box. I also made a purple anodized aluminium one for a friend but the color bled like crazy and the 510 on their aluminum box isn't centered, the copper and brass are. Also, while the screen is centered, the buttons are just a hair off center, barely noticeable, but if this triggers your OCD, like me, you can't un-see it.  Anyway, still the best looking thing I've seen for a glu-n-go DIY.  about $20-30 bucks more than an Alpinetech kit. it can take a big atty, I put a 1300mah nano-tech, fits perfect with xt30 connector and a board mounted jst. I really wish these companies would stop using these 3d printed mounts and just make the box with #0-80 holes for proper standoffs, maintenence on a glued box is a pain in the ass, and glue sucks.  At least make the 3d one a 3 piece mount so the center portion with the screen doesnt get glued in too and can be removed with the rest of the board without removing the mount. If i make another one, I am cutting the mount in thirds, or drilling holes for standoffs- which can go horribly wrong. I do like the all flat, easy to polish, minimalist design that the screw-less look offers. Edit- I am 99% sure that the 2000mah maxamps can fit in here with a very well planned wriring job.  Very tight fit, but looks like its possible. KIMG0006.jpg  KIMG0008.jpg  KIMG0009.jpg

Nykademos said:

These new brass and copper dna kits from Dripp3d are the easiest and the prettiest pre-cut boxes on the market.  29.7mm wide P+ style box. I also made a purple anodized aluminium one for a friend but the color bled like crazy and the 510 on their aluminum box isn't centered, the copper and brass are. Also, while the screen is centered, the buttons are just a hair off center, barely noticeable, but if this triggers your OCD, like me, you can't un-see it.  Anyway, still the best looking thing I've seen for a glu-n-go DIY.  about $20-30 bucks more than an Alpinetech kit. it can take a big atty, I put a 1300mah nano-tech, fits perfect with xt30 connector and a board mounted jst. I really wish these companies would stop using these 3d printed mounts and just make the box with #0-80 holes for proper standoffs, maintenence on a glued box is a pain in the ass, and glue sucks.  At least make the 3d one a 3 piece mount so the center portion with the screen doesnt get glued in too and can be removed with the rest of the board without removing the mount. If i make another one, I am cutting the mount in thirds, or drilling holes for standoffs- which can go horribly wrong. I do like the all flat, easy to polish, minimalist design that the screw-less look offers. Edit- I am 99% sure that the 2000mah maxamps can fit in here with a very well planned wriring job.  Very tight fit, but looks like its possible. KIMG0006.jpg  KIMG0008.jpg  KIMG0009.jpg

Wow those p boxes are amazing best ones I have seen and has the 510 cut out so nicee I had to do my own and that bit is not cheap. I thought my p boxes were nice god I was wrong

20170107_200234_001.jpg

20170326_161156.jpg