Let's see your 200's!

black lace said:

Which fire button do you like best, round or square,?? Reason is because i imagin the square one to catch on the sides and drag??

I honestly have never found the square buttons to be any issue at all. Evolv did a great job on those square buttons, they have a bevel on all sides that prevents the edges from catching on anything.

The round buttons were decided on, in the above design, simply because the machining was less expensive.

Very nice by the way.... I think the problem ive got with mine, the sides of the box, a zinc alloy, not billet aluminium, its very thin so theres nothing to support the pushrod button travelling back and fourth, if i do anouther build in one of these thin sided ones i'll have to add a bit of plate to create a bit of a cylinder barrel efect..

black lace said:

Very nice by the way.... I think the problem ive got with mine, the sides of the box, a zinc alloy, not billet aluminium, its very thin so theres nothing to support the pushrod button travelling back and fourth, if i do anouther build in one of these thin sided ones i'll have to add a bit of plate to create a bit of a cylinder barrel efect..

I did some printed enclosures and found that 3mm was about as low as I could go and still guide the button.

Ok thanks for that i'll keep it in mind, glad someone else had noticed, (all these little issues we mod builders have to adapt and overcome) we need to form a union and put the price up, lol, as a general tip to anyone.. I turned some brass buttons out of brass rod, (off an old cistern ballvalve) using an electric drill and a file, face of firing button was about 9mm back end was about 11/12mm with groves either side, then the mounting bolts for the board doubled up as guide rails..

black lace said:

If its any insparation, the workbench in my room is 18inch from front to back and three foot long and i sit at it on bedside draws, it aint a race, moor of a marathon, once the first ones built your geared up..

bed_bench.jpg

Perfect setup for the room! Wish I had some free space to setup another desk.. Already have a few lol
Yeah, I'm sure after the first one, it just keeps going..

I was determined i wasnt going to spend the price of a mod on tools, so a soldering iron from fleabay for less tan a tenner a pack of cheap and nasty little files for less than a fiver and a few quality drill bits and centre punch for a second hand battery drill, all the tools have been used on other jobs, like new charger boards on tablets, done three of thoes Built twelve mods in as many months. And no end of repairs and conversions.