Let's see your 200's!

scoopy said:

I'd love to try that vape station.....It looks sick as hell and is one hell of an idea for a shop... that was a very intelligent and useful design

Thank you, and everyone else for the kind words!

Yes, everyone loves the ammo can, and I do too. I especially love how it turned out to have just enough room to cram all 5 wired mods and an extension cable inside too so while it is really heavy, it is easy to just pick it up and carry it. It is a big hit at all the local shops when I go on the weekends.

Its turned out great for conventions as well. At a recent one we let people use it at a booth for three days straight all day long and it worked like a champ without a single issue. I was extremely happy since that was the first stress test it had. 

:D

awsum140 said:

I've got to ask...are you double sticking the battery in place since you're using magnets for case closure?

Yes I have 3M Industrial grade + I pressure fit to the board holding the DNA in place via the use of the tactile buttons and pressure.   No need for more holes than needed.   I must say though the magnets are carefully placed for a pretty extreme magnetic hold.

Nick said:

[QUOTE=awsum140]What's in that 50cal can in terms of battery, Nick?

No battery, 125 amp AC > DC 12v Power Supply.[/QUOTE] I would like to build a set up like that Nick, ( I am about to go into production of a juice line.) How are the boards wired? Is it simply the 12v DC output from the power supply wired directly to the B+ & B- on the board? And the balance taps left unconnected? Or is there something more to it?

lewisss said:

[QUOTE=Nick][QUOTE=awsum140]What's in that 50cal can in terms of battery, Nick?

No battery, 125 amp AC > DC 12v Power Supply.[/QUOTE] I would like to build a set up like that Nick, ( I am about to go into production of a juice line.) How are the boards wired? Is it simply the 12v DC output from the power supply wired directly to the B+ & B- on the board? And the balance taps left unconnected? Or is there something more to it?[/QUOTE]

This all there is to it. Simply wire your power source to the B +/- pads. Be sure to go into escribe and set your boards to use a Power Supply instead of a battery. Balance taps remain unwired.

Don't forget to use an appropriate gauge wire for the length of lead you plan to have!

it?[/QUOTE]

This all there is to it. Simply wire your power source to the B +/- pads. Be sure to go into escribe and set your boards to use a Power Supply instead of a battery. Balance taps remain unwired.

Don't forget to use an appropriate gauge wire for the length of lead you plan to have![/QUOTE] Can I ask what power supply you have in there? Is it 150A output? Is it a switching or linear psu?

lewisss said:

it?

Don't forget to use an appropriate gauge wire for the length of lead you plan to have![/QUOTE] Can I ask what power supply you have in there? Is it 150A output? Is it a switching or linear psu? [/QUOTE] It's definitely switching. A linear 200A supply would look something like this (weight 238 lb.). 150A linear would be pretty close in size/weight. Might be fun and very different to make a vape project with that lol. It would definitely be unique.

image.jpg

UKDTweak said:

I give you, the Lost Vape Efusion:

Where are they in stock at? Would like to grab a few.

Also, here is the ammo can power supply.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cosel/PBA1500F-12/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsPs3th5F8koMdmNRcX8UdIkKh46IJzk6xYI%2ff6%2fXG47A%3d%3d

lewisss said:

Don't forget to use an appropriate gauge wire for the length of lead you plan to have! Can I ask what power supply you have in there? Is it 150A output? Is it a switching or linear psu?

You don't need a 150A output. You need an output above 9-12V and a max of 23A as said in the DNA200 Specs. Input Current -> http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf
Also you don't want to use a linear psu, it will be big and chunky.

More realistically, you need a PSU with about 20A.
This will yield a total of 240W - which is enough to drive 200W of output current.
More (like the 23A in the datasheet) will only be needed if the voltage drops.
If your battery shuts down at 3.2V, at 23A it will deliver 220W at it's minimum to provide the 200W of output.

Digikey - AC DC Converters

Digikey - AC DC Wall Adapters

Or find a cheaper one on something like ebay or amazon. 12V and above 200W.

Of course this only applies when using a single DNA200 attached to the supply.

zeroflow said:

[QUOTE=lewisss]

Don't forget to use an appropriate gauge wire for the length of lead you plan to have! Can I ask what power supply you have in there? Is it 150A output? Is it a switching or linear psu?

You don't need a 150A output. You need an output above 9-12V and a max of 23A as said in the DNA200 Specs. Input Current -> http://www.evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna200.pdf
Also you don't want to use a linear psu, it will be big and chunky.

More realistically, you need a PSU with about 20A.
This will yield a total of 240W - which is enough to drive 200W of output current.
More (like the 23A in the datasheet) will only be needed if the voltage drops.
If your battery shuts down at 3.2V, at 23A it will deliver 220W at it's minimum to provide the 200W of output.

Digikey - AC DC Converters

Digikey - AC DC Wall Adapters

Or find a cheaper one on something like ebay or amazon. 12V and above 200W.

Of course this only applies when using a single DNA200 attached to the supply.[/QUOTE]

I believe he was asking for multiple boards, since mine was running 5 at once, hence my 125A PSU.

Nick said:

[QUOTE=UKDTweak]I give you, the Lost Vape Efusion:

Where are they in stock at? Would like to grab a few.

Also, here is the ammo can power supply.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cosel/PBA1500F-12/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsPs3th5F8koMdmNRcX8UdIkKh46IJzk6xYI%2ff6%2fXG47A%3d%3d[/QUOTE]

I got mine from Vapegeek.co.uk, only the silver and black in stock at the time which was yesterday morning.