Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Just tried the new update, 2015-08-05 EScribe, 2015-07-29 R1 firmware.
It forced a new USB driver install that put EScribe into a "not responding" state.
Bricked my V200.  Closed everything through task manager and re-opened.
Using the tools menu, I forced the firmware upgrade and everything is up and running.
However, I lost all data and settings... like a factory reset!
BTW, running Win7 32bit

VapingBad said:

Sounds like you updated while the device was connected which is asking for trouble, but if you had saved your escribe settings you should be able to reload them like most software.  It is not "bricked" unless it never works again.

You are right, it was connected! Not doing that again

Regardless, it's working now.

I'll search the forum, but where are the settings saved? 

James said:

VapingBad: What do you mean by while the device was connected? Normally it's connected when it suggests updating firmware. Or have you found that affects its success?

Connected when updating the escribe executable not the fw, that's how I read it, but could be wrong.

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=James]VapingBad: What do you mean by while the device was connected? Normally it's connected when it suggests updating firmware. Or have you found that affects its success?

Connected when updating the escribe executable not the fw, that's how I read it, but could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Yes, EScribe was already updated.  The failed update was of the firmware.
Sorry for the confusion.

laadam said:

[QUOTE=VapingBad][QUOTE=James]VapingBad: What do you mean by while the device was connected? Normally it's connected when it suggests updating firmware. Or have you found that affects its success?

Connected when updating the escribe executable not the fw, that's how I read it, but could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE]
Sorry my bad, you know what they say about assumption, sometimes Windows is too slow assigning drivers and can do it if it is a known device just on a different port.

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=laadam][QUOTE=VapingBad][QUOTE=James]VapingBad: What do you mean by while the device was connected? Normally it's connected when it suggests updating firmware. Or have you found that affects its success?

Sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE]
Sorry my bad, you know what they say about assumption, sometimes Windows is too slow assigning drivers and can do it if it is a known device just on a different port.[/QUOTE]

Windows can sure be wonky that way... Since I'm a Mac user, had to dig out an old netbook of mine to run the software so that just adds to the slowness.  I wanted to run it natively and not through parallels or bootcamp. 

Date:SetupES_2015-08-05.exe

Version:1.0.29.2

Unknown error:

System.Reflection.AmbiguousMatchException: Ambiguous match found.
at System.RuntimeType.GetPropertyImpl(String name, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Type returnType, Type[] types, ParameterModifier[] modifiers)
at System.Type.GetProperty(String name)
at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcDeserializer.MapStruct(IEnumerator`1 iter, Type valueType, MappingStack mappingStack, MappingAction mappingAction, Type& mappedType)
at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcDeserializer.MapValueNode(IEnumerator`1 iter, Type valType, MappingStack mappingStack, MappingAction mappingAction)
at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcResponseDeserializer.DeserializeResponse(XmlReader rdr, Type returnType)
at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcResponseDeserializer.DeserializeResponse(Stream stm, Type svcType)
at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.ReadResponse(XmlRpcRequest req, WebResponse webResp, Stream respStm)
at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(Object clientObj, MethodInfo mi, Object[] parameters)
at CookComputing.XmlRpc.XmlRpcClientProtocol.Invoke(MethodInfo mi, Object[] Parameters)
at XmlRpcProxydb258ca3-cab5-446a-ab4f-3ead415df692.M(String , String )
at A.on.hh(Object , EventArgs )

Login_Error.jpg

Hey James, John, or Brandon,
     For "beta testing" purposes for us that are installing the early software updates from this thread, would you prefer we do an "update" installation by just running the new exe installer, or would you rather us do a "clean install" and uninstall the old program from Windows before installing the new one?

I haven't even had a problem to report yet, but I've had developers prefer both ways, and I've just been installing on top of the old one. I want to test how it helps you guys most though.

There are a lot of micro USB cables that are charge only. That'd be the first thing I would try. USB had to work at Hana for them to load the newest firmware onto the device, and had to work here to get through the programming and test cycle (though that tests the board, not the connector), so the board has talked to a computer at least twice in its life before it gets to you.