Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, James said:

AMDtrucking, you are still running SP35? Does it occur with SP38 for you?

Still SP35. I will load SP38 and report back.

I spoke too soon. There was a link to SP38 in this thread, but the owner removed the file. Where do I get SP38?

Never mind, it's in SetupEScribe2_SP19_INT_ServicePack 

SP38.PNG

Edited by AMDtrucking

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@James First: Thank You for Your Efforts

I confirm the "Error press up"-bug ("Epu") still exists in firmware SP38

I first encountered the Epu after updating to Escribe SP17 and firmware SP35. Until that day my device ran perfect in Replay-mode.

After about 7 days messing with about everything in Escribe (not changing the Theme however) I downgraded back to firmware SP33.2. After that the "Epu" never appeared again for 10 days in a row.

Today I installed Escribe SP19 and firmware SP38. After letting the mod sleep for 15+ minutes (not before, I tested), the "Epu" appeared again. It could be repeated again and again by pressing "Upload settings to device" in Escribe. Same with "Restore Defaults": After the upload "Epu" appeared on the screen. I could only end this behavior by taking the batteries from the mod. Afterwards I tried again, letting it sleep for 15+ minutes, "Epu" showed, same behavior with Escribe.

2,5 hours ago I downgraded again to SP33.2, and couldn't get the "Epu" to appear on screen again, letting it sleep several times between 15 and 35 minutes.

Hopefully this helps you and Evolv a little. My device is a LV Paranormal DNA 250C with a board programmed May 25th, 2018. Please excuse my English!

i can also confirm the Error press up happening with SP38

mod is the lost vape 250c 

for me i have seen it happen more with inactivity and a few when sending profile updates my device was from september going back to Core it has yet to happen. the device was first updated then used until the error was frequent between uses . after reverting it has yet to happen with the same use pattern and all. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

DO NOT UPLOAD SP38 to Orion 40W it will not complete.

I tried manually updating to SP38 on my orion and now it just blinks red. any one have any advice to reset to factory settings or previous versions? I tried restoring my settings to factory settings and my mac says cannot find serial number or there is an error with uploading the SP38 operating software. ive already redownload-ed escribe and with high hopes even the international version but no luck. my orion has no bricked with a blinking red light.  if anyone knows a solution please let me know.IMG_8430.thumb.JPG.9b0c7d1c7916537320965caed5d4b1d3.JPG

IMG_8429.JPG

@Wayneoi had to plug it into a hub because of my mac book pro T.T i dont have conventional usb ports on the pro. #firstworldproblems

Edited by Robbchillin
forgot to add who i was replying to

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Problem with new Windows 10 1903.

The monitoring windows display the value and graph, but after a small time, graph does not progress even if the value on the left part seems updated, and another small time after, the value on the left part also also no more updated (they stay fix).

Before, with previous version of Windows 10 (1803), i don't have this problem.

Does anyone also have experienced this ?

Not experiencing this with my Win10 with the latest Windows updates installed..  I ran Device Monitor just now and let it run for many, many minutes.  If you look at the lower left corner of the graph you will see a left pointing arrow. A right pointing arrow is in the lower right corner of the graph.  The slider between these arrows moves from left to right as the monitor is running and the graph is always updating along the way.  At some point the slider will reach the right arrow (takes a long, long time to get there). I let it run for over 15 minutes and the slider has not reached the right arrow yet so I don't know if it stops updating the graph when it reaches the right arrow or not.  The longer it runs the slower the slider moves.

You might connect a device that needs charging and let it run and take a vape every 5 minutes or so to see if it still is updating the graph...  

UPDATE: over 25 minutes and still running....

Thanks Retird ;-)

The situation is now more bad. As you, i think now that it is not a Windows problem, but a DNA250C Chipset problem.

Now, my Paranormal does not want to unlock, i have try to verify all the parameter and when i send the data, i get an eerom error.

I have try to flash the firmware, with success… but no change.

And now, after a lot of attempt to unlock, i see something very strange with the button… fire act as fire but also as up, select act as up or does not respond…… seems a big problem now.

Well…. this box has 1 year and 2 months…. and is mostly dead.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi,

I would like to report an issue:

The function that sets the "Temp Sensing Detect" value only runs the first time the board is fired when in a "Temperature Control" Profile, once the value for "Temp Sensing Detect" is set, there is no way to re-run the function, so the "Temp Sensing Detect" value will still unmodified until the board is restarted.

My theme uses a lot the "Temp Sensing Detect" value to decide what to show / hide, and to enable / disable some features, for example:

If the board is configured with a "Temperature Control" Profile* , and it detects** a no temperature control coil is fired, it switches to Watts mode, on the Main Screen shows the corresponding information to that mode (hides anything related to Temperature Control and its different features) and disables some features for that Profile.

The thing is that there is not any way to re-run the function to check and set the "Temp Sensing Detect" value, that is, if a proper TC coil is installed, the board never checks again, so the "Temp Sensing Detect" value will stay as false, until the board is restarted (by removing the battery, for example).

The value of "Temp Sensing Detect" will not change after the "New Coil" detection.

Desired operation:

maybe the "Temp Sensing Detect" routine should reset its value to "True" every time a "New Coil" is detected and the board is using a Temperature Control Profile, it should run the first time the board is fired and Temperature Control is enabled for that Profile. The value of "Temp Sensing Detect" should be reset every time the users switches between TC Profiles.

There is a discussion thread about this, but we haven't find a solution:

---------------------------------------------

Serial Number: MOVE OVGK AWSH
Firmware Version: 1.1 SP45.2 INT
Firmware Date: 2021-12-22
Revision Code: 311104598

USB Vendor ID: 268B
USB Product ID: 0418
USB Product Version: 1.1

---------------------------------------------

* A Profile with a "Temperature-Sensing" material assigned to it, and "Temperature Control" enabled.

** Based on the "Temp Sensing Detect" function / value).

Thanks in advance.

-Ariel.

Telling us who doesn't work for Evolv does nothing. Submit a ticket. Linking to your post here is fine.

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=1

> The function that sets the "Temp Sensing Detect" value only runs the first time the board is fired...

What I do is to switch to another Profile and switch back after you fixed the reason it kicked out in the first place. I dunno, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

1 hour ago, BillW50 said:

Telling us who doesn't work for Evolv does nothing. Submit a ticket. Linking to your post here is fine.

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=1

> The function that sets the "Temp Sensing Detect" value only runs the first time the board is fired...

What I do is to switch to another Profile and switch back after you fixed the reason it kicked out in the first place. I dunno, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Thank you for the answer.

I already submitted a Support Ticket.

I have tested it, unfortunately by switching to another Profile (or material assigned to the Profile) doesn't unset the saved value for the "Temp Sensing Detect", it keeps its value until the device is restarted:

I added a filed on my Theme that shows the status of the "Temp Sensing Detect" to check if it changes after switching to another Profile and it doesn't, even if a New Coil is detected and / or firing the Mod for the first time after switching to another TC Profile with a proper TC Coil installed.

The impact of this depends on how the Theme reacts to the "Temp Sensing Detect" value (what it shows, what enables or disables), on my Theme, when a no TC coils is used on a TC Profile, it switches to Watts mode, disables the TC features and shows a message on the Main Screen letting the user know that he is using a no TC coil on a TC Profile. But there is no way to revert back, as the "Temp Sensing Detect" was already set, and the "routine" doesn't run again.

Excuse if I'm being redundant with trying to explain, English is not my native language, so sometimes is difficult to express myself.

-Ariel

• Like 1

No your English is fine Magigamix. That is weird it didn't work for you. I tried it on a DNA75C and a DNA250C with firmware SP33 with Frank's Theme and it worked fine. Maybe peek to see how Frank did his. I just unscrewed the atty enough to cause resistance problems to have it to kick out of TC.

https://forum.evolvapor.com/files/file/109-%E2%9C%AA-hyperion-odin-mini-paranormal-and-others-replay-ready-english-italian-%E2%9C%AA/

• Like 1

Hi @BillW50,

My device (DNA 75C) is running the latest available firmware:

-------------------------------------------
Firmware Version: 1.1 SP45.2 INT
Firmware Date: 2021-12-22

Escribe version: 2.0 SP31
Date: 2021-12-22
-------------------------------------------

Tried with the previous available firmware:

Firmware Version: 1.1 SP33.2 INT
Firmware Date: 2018-04-17

And it works, the TSD value is reset after switching between profiles or by switching the Material for the Profile.
I also can confirm that the TSD value is reset if the atomizer is removed from the device (no need to switch between Profiles or Materials).

The only problem with this firmware version is that it doesn't implement the "Highlighted fields now time out after a while. This is nice for themes with very visible selection colors." feature, which is nice to have.

So, it looks something about the TSD changed on the latest firmware (1.1 SP45.2 INT).

Resuming:

The TSD behavior in firmware version 1.1 SP33.2 INT works as expected but it doesn't implement the "Highlighted fields now time out after a while".
The TSD behavior in the latest firmware version 1.1 SP45.2 INT doesn't work as expected, but the "Highlighted fields now time out after a while" works fine.

Edited by Magigamix
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, James said:

I've posted a new service pack, SP44, for EScribe Suite. It includes test firmware for DNA Color devices. Let me know if you run into any bugs with it! Enjoy :)

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-early-firmware-and-escribe-suite/?do=findComment&comment=939267

Hi @James,

Thanks for the update, unfortunately neither of the two Service Packs (1.1 SP55 INT and 1.1 SP46 INT) included with the new SP44 for Escribe fix the "Temp Sensing Detect" issue:

Once the "Temp Sensing Detect" value is set (on or off), it will never reset until the battery gets removed or the config is uploaded to the device.

On 1.1 SP33.2 INT, TSD works good: the TSD value gets reset by removing the atomizer, by switching between Profiles or Materials assigned to the Profile.

-Ariel