Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

8 minutes ago, HolmanGT said:

Hang in and I'm sure they will fix you up.

fingers crossed

i really liked the new boost feature, it made 50 watts kicks like 75++ watts with Ni80 wires, i really don't like the idea of downgrading to previous firmwares and losing this feature, well not for now 😅

On 2/12/2018 at 8:51 PM, Wayneo said:

@James I take it "... can be configured on-device" strictly means as a profile setting in escribe, and not changeable on mod itself.

actually you can change it directly on the mod without escribe, lock your device while on any non TC profile, push and hold - and + button at the same time, you can set the boost value anytime

28 minutes ago, HolmanGT said:

Twiq,

I know what you mean about the  boost. Most of my dual coil 24 Ga builds are a real pain without boost. I have to take a couple of primer puffs so the third is the puff I wanted in the first place. ;)

I think you will like the "Replay" feature in the DNA250C......  Select "Replay" of the 3rd puff and next puffs are the same while "Playing".....  There is a couple videos out where Brandon speaks about it but you probably have seen them already....  

..........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jac9au_1uY8..........

.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPb3UKXXP4......

• Like 1

Retird,

Thanks for the tip.

That is one of the options I actually read and remembered. ;)

I have watch both videos and now I spend my time searching for the new Lost Vape Mod with the DNA 250C/400C  chip-set.  :-(

George

Edited by HolmanGT

15 minutes ago, retird said:

I think you will like the "Replay" feature in the DNA250C......  Select "Replay" of the 3rd puff and next puffs are the same while "Playing".....  There is a couple videos out where Brandon speaks about it but you probably have seen them already....  

..........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jac9au_1uY8..........

.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPb3UKXXP4......

actually i haven't seen or heard any of it.. and after watching these i get a lot of WHATs..

WHAT? 250C? i haven't even heard of 166C or 200C

WHAT? 400 WATTS? with some big ass coils you could definitely roast some meat with those.. what kind of batteries could deliver such power? 4S++ lipos? sh********ttttttt

WHAT? REPLAY? sweet spot without needing TC wires? that is really dope..

i'd probably should stop before going more OOT.. but man, evolv is really killing the game.. when is it going to be released? i'm saving some bucks from now on 😂

Twiq,

Watch the two videos that Retird linked to. If I try to explain it you'll be more confused than you are now. ;)

The new DNA 250C actually uses a 400 watt capable board, Brandon claims the extra head room of the 400 watts can be taken advantage of in "Replay" mode.

Anyway the videos will explain what Replay is. 

Oh - And Lost Vape has one that is do to come out any day now. Also the DNA75C will have new software to incorporate "Replay" but not until they finish dinking with the 250C.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HolmanGT said:

If  you have the new 250 firmware and it is doing what you  show in the screen capture I would suggest contacting Evolv's support guy and telling him your problem.

As per your recommendation I've posted a bug report, hope they could identify the bug and fix it soon.. 
but i would love to hear @James 's comment on this :) really enjoy reading his posts

Just an update to my previous posts.. I've contacted for support and had been asked to roll back the firmware and i did, i went back from SP6 INT to SP5.1 and my device no longer suffering from power cut offs.. the downside is i lost the boost feature... dang it.. I hope they found out the problem and got them sorted out..

for now i'll upgrade again to SP6 and enjoy the boost feature and charge my device with 1A only just to be safe :yum:

Charging.png

Graph_SP5.1.png

Quick update

Waiiiitttttt, i re-applied SP6 then issued a Hard Reboot from Diagnostic menu/button, the power cut offs automagically disappears..
i will monitor and update again if the power cut offs came back

@James @Nick could this power cut offs caused by bad flash of SP? or the hard reboot is necessary after an SP flash?

Update again

It is true after doing a hard reboot i've successfully charged from 70% or so to 100% without being interrupted at all.. however unfortunately this morning when i charge my mod i noticed the cut off returns, i've recorded a video of this and still trying to figure out how to convert this to gif so i can post it to the forum thread

@Twiq, SP5.1 and SP6 should be quite similar about charge resetting. Are you sure SP5.1 cuts out less? SP5 certainly would, yes, but SP5.1 should be the same as SP6 in that regard.

It is self-protective functionality, detecting quick cut-outs of charge current that can be bad for the device. If it's doing it, it doesn't hurt anything, just annoying. (To be honest, I may have it overly sensitive right now.) PCs have fairly clean USB power supplies so you are unlikely to encounter it there. Does the charge resetting happen to you on other chargers you have? What brand/model of charger is it? 1 Amp or 2 Amp?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James said:

@Twiq, SP5.1 and SP6 should be quite similar about charge resetting. Are you sure SP5.1 cuts out less? SP5 certainly would, yes, but SP5.1 should be the same as SP6 in that regard.

It is self-protective functionality, detecting quick cut-outs of charge current that can be bad for the device. If it's doing it, it doesn't hurt anything, just annoying. (To be honest, I may have it overly sensitive right now.) PCs have fairly clean USB power supplies so you are unlikely to encounter it there. Does the charge resetting happen to you on other chargers you have? What brand/model of charger is it? 1 Amp or 2 Amp?

Hi James,

it's 2 Amps and i use / carry around Samsung chargers.. I'm quoting myself from the support  ticket between me and Nick. but I forgot to mention i also use Anker Powercore II powerbank and it's 2.0 cables

here are the list of USB cables and adapters that i've tried :
2.0A> Adapters :
1. OEM charger for Samsung Galaxy A5 and A7 (2 of them, white and black), 2.0 A output
2. Samsung Travel Charger, 2.0 A output
3. Samsung OEM Charger for Samsung Galaxy S8 (the one i carry around) USB 3.0 Qualcomm Quick charge
4. Hippo dual dynamic charger (1A & 2A ports)
5. Dell Laptop USB Port (2.0 and 3.0)

2.0 Cables :
1. Vaporshark included 2.0 usb cable (data transfer capable)
2. Macson short 2.0 usb data cable (data transfer capable)
3. Samsung 2.0 usb cables (3x paired with the adapters, 2 of them are data transfer capable, 1 is not)
4. Hippo 2 Meter fast charging cable (no data transfer support)

i can confirm that no cut off happened while on SP 5.1, and very positively sure it didn't happen before upgrading to SP6 and after downgrade from SP6.. because i have a habit whenever i charge my mod, the screen is always facing my direction, as soon as the battery reaches 100% and current goes less than 0.20A then i disconnect the chargers. i do this almost everytime, except when i go to bed, i charge it with anker powerbank which is intellegently turns itself off after the mod no longer accepts charges..

edit: have you seen my graph on page 49? it has down spikes which i'm not sure have happened before, i rarely use escribe for anything except for theme changes 😉

Edited by Twiq
  • Like 1

UPDATE

@James @Nick

I have found a workaround to prevent power cut offs from happening on my Vaporshark DNA250 with SP6 INT.
The trick is NOT charging the device directly after a vaping session, but you must let the device to go idle then turns off by itself, after the device is off then plug the chargers,
the boot screen will show and will charge normally.

Note : i don't know a couple of quick draw counts as a session or not and i haven't tried, but usually my session  eats 10%-15% of battery..
i've been doing this 3 times since last night and it's doing great for me.. I'll keep monitoring this

however it's pretty annoying to wait for the device to go off by itself then you can charge

Hey there. After trying to figure out why my HCigar DNA 75D (with a 75 C chip) did not change the clock ahead one hour during DST, I tried updating EScribe in case that was the problem.
I am having trouble finding the best way to update EScribe to the latest version. I cannot find a 'check for updates' selection anywhere in EScribe.

I see that I can choose to 'Apply Service Pack' and am given the option to select from a device folder (such as DNA 75 Color, which is the device I am using) but I want to update EScribe, and the folder naming seems to be updates to the devices themselves.

On Evolv's DNA 75 Color main page (https://www.evolvapor.com/products/dna75color) I can download EScribe Suite US Edition for Windows, but the site does not show a version or date for the file. How do I know it is newer that the one I already have? (The file name I downloaded today (2018-03-24) is the same as the one I downloaded on a few months ago on 2017-12-27, and both files are named SetupEScribe2_US.exe )

I am using Windows 7 Pro x64, EScribe Version 2.0 SP5.2.  "Automatically Check for Service Packs" is checked, and "Internet Sync" is enabled. Nothing pops up or displays when I select  or deselecting those options.

How do I know that my EScribe software is current? I see references in the forums to version 5.1, 5.2, 6.0... Shouldn't there be a simple 'Check for EScribe Updates' button and a pop up to say you have the latest version, as well as the latest version available shown on the EScribe download page?  Am I missing something? Thanks in advance for your help.

@YetanotherSteve 

Hotay, there are 3 major classification types for escribe in the locked post here, called 'Early Firmware and EScribe Suite'. This contains software, and sometimes firmware for SOME board types. 

RECOMMENDED SERVICE PACK <- Pushed out by escribe to all users (auto updater)
EARLY SERVICE PACK <- For early adopters. Like post Beta testing, but not fully vetted by the masses.
OTHER SERVICE PACKS <- Older versions of the above, moved here for posterity

Within each of those groupings, there are 2 more groupings.
US version <- FDA compliant
International <- Non FDA compliant, Where NEW features can be introduced
AND
Finally OS type. Windoze, MacOS, and Linux.

Now, just for shits and giggles, I'll bring it all home.
Your version of escribe is found under 'About escribe'
Your firmware (mod) version can be seen down in the bottom right hand corner of 'Device Monitor'. Those folders you mention only contain prior FIRMWARE versions.

• Like 1

@Wayneo

So... how do I know if my EScribe software is up to date? I don't want to  'assume' it is.

ALSO... (wik)

Should my DNA 75C device have had it's clock 'spring forward' if the computer it's connected to has, and if it shows as being an hour ahead in the theme preview panel before I update the device? Thanks again for the replies in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2018 at 5:46 PM, pfonseca said:

I found out long ago that the "Automatically Check for Service Packs" does not work. As an example I just bought a new 250C and it didn't appear in the list like when I bought all my 75C. The Latest version is available here: https://www.evolvapor.com/products/dna250color. And the new SP27 was updated to all my devices.

Truly a poor service by Evolv!

You said SP27? is SP33 the newest one?