Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...

Bug (or a feature): Case Analyzer in EScribe 1.2 SP5.2 can not detect the device (in my case Hcigar VT75 with 2016-06-05 firmware) when the device is in "sleep mode" - when the screen is off.

Any attempt to connect to device results in "unable to get version" message.

I understand this might be inherent to how these devices work, but in this case it's critical to waste as little time as possible in order to avoid heating of the device, so an auto-wakeup feature would be nice, if possible.

The deep sleep is often a result of a previous attempt to run Case Analyzer, when it couldn't reach the "inputed" temperature for any reason (ambient temperature has risen).

VapingBad said:

It should go back up to 1.9 A if you click disconnect in EScribe, it is just a limit while there is data on the lines.

the DNA 250 will charge from .75 amps to 1.3 amps linked to pc depending on the output of the PC and the cord you use the DNA 250 will charge the worst of seen as .75 /2 amps depending on the cord and the charger you are using go into your setup and have it show the amperage charging when charging it takes all the guesswork out of it trust me when I tell you I went through a lot of chargers and cords that would not perform on my DNA 250 even though a lot of them said Heavy Duty 2 amp charger they wouldn't even charge .75. Got to remember them Chinese have a bad habit of making it say something not true

ChunkyButt200 said:

14% of 28.05 watt hours is 3.927 watt hours. that is very close to your remaining 3.814 charge estimate in device monitor, so that seems correct. can't say why at 3.63v it doesn't reflect 35.8%. however, 14% sounds more accurate than 35.8%, looking at your charge estimate. i'm not even positive if my math is correct.

I run in to the same problem I run battery analyzer through the DNA 250 got the proper figures problem solved

The one thing I want to mention on the DNA 250 if everything is set up properly you will notice and see 100/118 degrees Fahrenheit for temperature I pay more attention to that than anything else first give away something wrong is a board it's 90 degrees or 80 degrees when charging. just not my experience to see one run that cold when charging if they're right I could be wrong on this

• 1 month later...

I am always confused about which is the newest firmware. In device monitor (DNA250) I show Version: 1.2 SP5 but in "about escribe" I show Version: 1.2 SP5.2. So which one is the correct firmware?
And then when I go to the early firmware thread I get confused even further, I assume the newest firmware is at the top of the page but why would version 1.2 SP5a be newer than version 1.2 SP5.2? This makes no sense to me.
I feel like escribe and firmware on the device should have totally diff version numbers to eliminate confusion....

ok thanks, sorry for the confusion just trying to figure out why they are out of order in the thread. As far as model numbers go thats what I thought it should be but they should be listed in order IMO. Not to mention the auto updater is sketchy
and sharing version #'s between firmware & software doesnt help either

@sdmf74 I gotta start by saying I agree with you 1 million %, and have commented/complained about this before myself. This happened BG (before giz) and my old tired brain is full of crap, so lemme explain. And your confusion is well justified, it's not just you.

*** 2015-10-21 EScribe 1.0.35.2 *** This was the only software listed that was misplaced by date.

*** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 *** Notice the date on this one, yup, the OLD FDA deeming regulations date where it was a mad rush for every vape related company including Evolv. Really minor bug fixes were found, but with no clarity and uncertainty if software changes are/were allowed, minor tweaks have been added.

*** EScribe 1.2 SP4 *** Was the next release and you'll notice there have been NO RELEASE DATES attached to it, or any other updates since.

I truly wished they would decouple the update versioning. 1 set of versioned updates for the mods with relevant change documentation. Different versioning for the software with relevant change documentation. Although that is what I wish, not being a ENDS Manufacturer, there may be legalistic reasons for the way it's being done.

I want to take a moment to thank Evolv, James, The people who helped come out with escribe and Brandon for the Dna boards. In January 2016 I got my first Dna device. I got tired of burning up foreign mods and didn"t want to go back to stinky's. I had my failures Dna with the 200 and one dna 250. I believe this firm wear is spot on. Please note the amount of puffs and amps being used to produce the vape I like and it keeps on ticking. On top of that I service a few other Dna 200's not one failure since the SP2 5 it is absolutely trouble free. I almost forgot thank you Nick.  for sending me this board in NOV

thank you EVOLV.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • James changed the title to Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread
1 hour ago, Canadianvape said:

I'm confused, should I update to sp2? I have a dna200/75, or is 2.0 only for 75C?

2.0 should work on all devices.

Some parts are nice, like Help->Backups, which saves your downloaded settings so you can revert even if you forgot to save them. The Theme Designer and Theme Installer work on 75 and 200 as well, which makes sharing themes easier (you can double click ecigtheme files from the desktop to install them). Nothing wild, but it should be better.

If you run into any bugs, or have suggestions for it, please let me know.