Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

I put USB power, voltage and current on the charge screen and the lowest voltage I see is 4.25 V does your USB voltage drop much below that when it happens?  I will put a 200 on charge now for a while and see if it drops after a time, I have occasionally seen them charge at lower current than I expect before and just put it down to cables.  I'm sure you know they will slow during the last part of charging, the constant voltage stage, but mention it for others that may be reading who wont.

I am seeing 5v to 4.5v on the screen, I just tried it with 2 boxes, one at 43% charged and other at 19% charged and both behaved the same, if I plug in to my pluggable 1.5amp charger or an HTC 1amp charger they don't do it, only on several 2.1 amp chargers, but both my DNA250 mods charge great on any of my 2.1amp chargers.

In an effort to try and figure out what was going on, I pulled the batteries out of all 4 devices, updated them back to sp3, put the batteries back in and now all are charging correctly, have no clue what was going on, or why they where doing the rest charging before, but they are not now, so sp3 is working great for me now on the 200's and sp4 is working great on the 250's, I am happy.

VapingBad said:

All the firmware Evolv release (on this forum posted by James or at evolvapor.com) is safe.  There is not a fw update for the 200 in SP4 though.

Sure, I'm just trying to figure out why the sp3 is giving me some issues while the old one is perfectly stable. So can I flash it on the dna 200? It won't brick the board? For any reference about my issue you can check my other 3d, it's weird.

Daddi89 said:

Sure, I'm just trying to figure out why the sp3 is giving me some issues while the old one is perfectly stable. So can I flash it on the dna 200? It won't brick the board? For any reference about my issue you can check my other 3d, it's weird.

None of the official releases will brick the board.  What is your issue with SP3?

VapingBad said:

None of the official releases will brick the board.  What is your issue with SP3?

There you go: https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65809-topic/?do=findComment&comment=890875 Actually only with sp3 my dna won't read properly the ohms resistance of every coil.

Hello,

I am a little confused regarding firmware.  When referring to "1.2 SP3" service pack, is this simply an update to the E-Scribe software program?  Is there also firmware that is installed directly onto the DNA 200 chip?  It appears as though the 1.2 SP3 service pack is considered the firmware for my device, but I am uncertain.  I noticed that "firmware update" is missing now from E-Scribe and only service pack updates are mentioned.  Can someone please explain how the software vs. hardware updating works.  Thanks!

ScallywagginIT said:

Hello,

I am a little confused regarding firmware.  When referring to "1.2 SP3" service pack, is this simply an update to the E-Scribe software program?  Is there also firmware that is installed directly onto the DNA 200 chip?  It appears as though the 1.2 SP3 service pack is considered the firmware for my device, but I am uncertain.  I noticed that "firmware update" is missing now from E-Scribe and only service pack updates are mentioned.  Can someone please explain how the software vs. hardware updating works.  Thanks!

They recently unified the fw and EScribe version numbers, so there may not be a fw version for every board with every release, there hasn't been so far

1.2SP3 has the latest release of EScribe and all firmware, but some of the fw will be lower numbers.
1.2SP4 has 250 fw & EScribe update.

From my installation the latest fw versions are:
DNA 60  1.2SP3
DNA 75  2016-06-05
DNA 200 1.2SP3
DNA 250 1.2SP4 (early release)

VapingBad said:

They recently unified the fw and EScribe version numbers, so there may not be a fw version for every board with every release, there hasn't been so far

1.2SP3 has the latest release of EScribe and all firmware, but some of the fw will be lower numbers.
1.2SP4 has 250 fw & EScribe update.

From my installation the latest fw versions are:
DNA 60  1.2SP3
DNA 75  2016-06-05
DNA 200 1.2SP3
DNA 250 1.2SP4 (early release)

Ok thank you for clarifying all of this for me.  I appreciate the quick response! :-)

There was a change in my DNA200's flashes with the latest firmware. This is known.  It still flashes while firing the device but just does not continue to flash while not pressing the fire button.   Try firing the device without vaping it until you see the flash then continue to hold the fire button and you will see periodic flashes until you release the fire button.  

retird said:

There was a change in my DNA200's flashes with the latest firmware. This is known.  It still flashes while firing the device but just does not continue to flash while not pressing the fire button.   Try firing the device without vaping it until you see the flash then continue to hold the fire button and you will see periodic flashes until you release the fire button.  

I know retired but I don't like it. Why can't Evolv put it back to the way it was?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello world,

This is my first post and I registered at this forum especially for this question.

I cannot download EScribe 1.2 SP3 from this thread. The link https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES250.exe gets redirected to https://evolvapor-downloads.r.worldssl.net/SetupES250.exe and then just dies out (no response from server). Just standing there, no signs of life, not even telling me "F*** you, I won't give you sh**". Nothing. Just ignoring me. I've waited more than half an hour on occasions. I've tried with several browsers, it's all the same. I have no virus/antivirus, firewall doesn't complain, router doesn't complain.

I have SP4, but it's not the complete software.

I've cleared CRL lists as I read somewhere in the forum, no change. It's either blacklisting my IP address or it's broken.

Please advise what to do.

Thanks.

Edit: Screenshot

This screenshot was taken at 20:56 hours.

Not installed it yet, but the contents of the .exe unpacked fine with 7zip. I actually had that version and I deleted it when I downloaded SP4 thinking that SP4 is a complete install, but hadn't installed it then. I currently have a very old version and I'd need to uninstall it first.

Since, I don't know, a week ago I can't download from downloads.evolvapor.com, but I still can from www.dimensionengineering.com. And I have downloaded SP4 before, from that thread, but don't know if the link pointed to somewhere else before or not.