Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

VapingBad said:

It was for ss vapers, I was a beta tester for that and it was like knowing everyone in the office was going to get a big pay raise and not being able to tell them until it was ready.

That explains your reference to iterations. For us mere mortals it went from "yeah ok" to Holy Poop what kind of black magic did they pull off.

PS - someday I hope the programmers reveal what they did. Nah! scratch that if I had come up with an algorithm like they have I wouldn't tell my mother. :D

HolmanGT said:

That explains your reference to iterations. For us mere mortals it went from "yeah ok" to Holy Poop what kind of black magic did they pull off.

PS - someday I hope the programmers reveal what they did. Nah! scratch that if I had come up with an algorithm like they have I wouldn't tell my mother. :D

Pardon my change of subject but I thought you might like to see this....

http://www.vaporshark.com/switchbox/?redirect_mongo_id=57dc7a14a4d12f1f15000072&utm_source=Springbot&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=Email&mc_cid=0e391b9b67&mc_eid=0bd76955b2

retird said:

Pardon my change of subject but I thought you might like to see this....

http://www.vaporshark.com/switchbox/?redirect_mongo_id=57dc7a14a4d12f1f15000072&utm_source=Springbot&utm_medium=Web&utm_campaign=Email&mc_cid=0e391b9b67&mc_eid=0bd76955b2

retird,

Thanks for thinking of me, I did see that.

Two things to say it is about time VS got the display off the bottom (some people get a little angry when looking at the display only to find that their tank has emptied on to their lap) and the price is right.

Now for the complaint, If I buy one more DNA Mod I may have to file bankruptcy. :cry:

HolmanGT said:

retird,

Thanks for thinking of me, I did see that.

Two things to say it is about time VS got the display off the bottom (some people get a little angry when looking at the display only to find that their tank has emptied on to their lap) and the price is right.

Now for the complaint, If I buy one more DNA Mod I may have to file bankruptcy. :cry:

Good points...... 

Hundred and ten bucks won't break the bank but just a slight crack in the bank  :hug:

My complaint:  I don't need another DNA75 and for years have not "preordered" anything..... till now.... never owned a VS product but they are a solid company IMO so I fudged on my " [nono]  preorder" stance just this one time.... 

AND at my age the wife just says " go for it.... ya can't take the money with you unless we put it in the casket...."   :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tested and it's working now for me.

BTW have people noticed the new good stuff in device monitor V1.2: ability to load saved recording, measuring bars (click the plot, hold down shift for more than 1), plot stays if you change time-scale.  I'm sure you also know you can launch more than dm for separate devices at the same time and can launch it without launching EScribe.

It's bad if DNA200 don't have update.
My box-mod work with LiPo 3S1P 1000mA.
If mod sleep, connecting to PC - dead battery meter.
If mod sleep, connecting to charger - dead battery meter.
No good situation if DNA200 don't have update.
p.s.: ........
Sorry

Admin said:
...may be.... o.O

Yeah, with SP3 all of my 200's and both 75's sometimes loose the battery meter if I pull/change the battery or if I upload new settings in escribe. I just disconnect/reconnect the battery or re-upload the settings until it comes back, usually it only takes one shot, sometimes two and it's back. Not really that annoyed or worried about it, I know there will be a fix at some point. :)

Willy
Sorry, but I don't have computer in mine pocket [nono]

edit:
Situation by YiHi SX350j chip software, one year's create updates when board run good.
EVOLV create 1,5 year's DNA200 updates - don't have "full good work".
Why DNA75 software work good?
I'm sorry if anything incorrect.

jurdanas said:

Willy
Sorry, but I don't have computer in mine pocket [nono]

edit:
Situation by YiHi SX350j chip software, one year's create updates when board run good.
EVOLV create 1,5 year's DNA200 updates - don't have "full good work".
Why DNA75 software work good?
I'm sorry if anything incorrect.

I was posting to help shed light your not the only one with the battery meter problem, your welcome.

Just because I posted it doesn't bother me doesn't mean I was implying you should feel the same.

With your edit I now have a better understanding how you feel about your evolv boards and I don't think anything will change that. ;)

James said:

The DNA 200 doesn't have the charging issue SP4 addresses. :) There may be a SP5 for DNA 200 at some point with other fixes.

Just an FYI, I have 4 DNA200 devices that once updated to SP3 are having the charge reset issues, if I use a 1amp charger it stays charging with no problem, if I use a 2.1amp charger then it resets while charging, I learned this after building a few DNA250's and upgrading my wall and car chargers from 1amp to 2.1amp, I have tried this with 4 different wall chargers, (Pwr+, monoprice, apple, pluggable) and all do the same thing, I rolled the firmware back to 2/23/16 and the problem went away on all 4 devices. 

Try very short USB cable Hybrid, I get far better results using 220 mm 0.5GBP eBay USB cables than 800 - 1000 mm branded ones (8 W vs 5 W with a 2 A load), it could be your cable has too much voltage drop.  I know that doesn't explain why rolling back worked for you, but I have only had resetting with my 5 200s with powerbanks and than only when supplying other loads at the same time.  The power gradually rises until it hits around 9 W total from all outputs and the powerbanks resets to  zero, rinse and repeat.  In my case I imagine the powerbank does not isolate the loads and trips a safety cut out on the main regulator circuit rather than supplying what it can.