Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

hum..... both are regulating very good with the temp of the Therion not fluctuating as much as the Lavabox... , cold ohm's slightly different.... I guess the vape is great with both.  

So you can watch the Lavabox display the whole time you vape and the temp doesn't flash even once?  If I recall the later firmware versions tightened the temp regulation so the temp doesn't swing as much above and below the set temp and what I don't know is how far above the temp setting must the temp reach in order to trigger the temp protect flash....  

Maybe others can shed some more light on this but adjusting the temp and wattage a bit on the Lavabox may cause the flash to trigger but it is clear it is reaching and maintaining the set temp.  

So with the Lavabox can you get the flash if you chain vape it?  In other words the flash can occur. 

One other thought.....

When I first was using the DNA40 I spent alot of time "tuning the temp and wattage" so it would reach temp just to the point it met the temp but would not trigger the flash.  The flash, tho not an error, bugged me.  It would trigger when I chain vaped it (which I don't do normally).  Now days  I don't even look for the flash as long as it regulates...I can see in Device Monitor that it is doing what it should.

I too would be interested in any info from those who can shed some more light on this....

2legsshrt said:

You can see where I was running out of breath at the end of the puff but they look pretty good don't they?

Yep they look very good.  I too use SS316 but it is premade "Notch coils"... I don't build coils at all... I like it simple...

You are really getting the hang of DNA's and EScribe, in a short period of time....  :)

I am and I am finding that the more I get used to the way the DNA works the better I like it. I can even get a decent vape at lower temps like 405-410 and with the temp dominant feature it makes it so easy to change it's great. I was trying to make it work like the YiHi which is a lot more harsh and really jumps around in TC like 10 or 15 degrees on either side of the setting. This just holds it  rock steady. Now that I know how this profile works with SS316L I might just turn the temp protect off. I don't need to see it. It's regulating so well.

2legsshrt said:

Do you think it would be advisable to go into the appropriate mode and re-adjust your battery to the appropriate amount. Such as my Triade with 3 VTC5's in series which are 3.7v 2600mah, which would be 7800mah 11.1v=86.58 wh. That would be correct, correct?

Legs,

That is not a correct assumption. Three 2600 mah batteries in series is 11.1 volts @ 2600 mah.

If you had them in parallel the mah would be additive and 3 in parallel would be 7800 mah @ 3.7 volts

I am sure this is going to start an argument but non the less it is true!

George

dylang919 said:

I've noticed with the new firmware that the temp message doesn't flash. I usually use that to guage what I set my Temps at. Is that something that Evolv can fix?

The change post the latest firmware that I noticed is the DNA200 now only flashes while the fire button is activated.  It used to flash 3 times (the setting I used). It use to flash 3 times total and a flash could occur with the fire button being released during the flash process.  

No updates have come since Aug. 8 (FDA regs.... yuck).  This flash thing is a known change that came with the latest firmware.  I guess the FDA is the only ones who can tell us how software/firmware updates are regulated by the FDA as it's a new ball game since August 8...  again.... YUCK....

retird said:

The change post the latest firmware that I noticed is the DNA200 now only flashes while the fire button is activated.  It used to flash 3 times (the setting I used). It use to flash 3 times total and a flash could occur with the fire button being released during the flash process.  

No updates have come since Aug. 8 (FDA regs.... yuck).  This flash thing is a known change that came with the latest firmware.  I guess the FDA is the only ones who can tell us how software/firmware updates are regulated by the FDA as it's a new ball game since August 8...  again.... YUCK....

So that's it!!! No more firmware updates by Evolv to make the boards better?? That's friggin' ridiculous man!!!! How can the FDA control software like that?!?! Man, something needs to happen these next 2 years. This is unreal!!!

2legsshrt said:

Wow I never noticed that. I take it you are talking about the temp protect. I just noticed that on my DNA75 I have it set to 2 flashes and if I stop firing after 1 flash it continues to flash the message the 200 doesn't. I never noticed that. HMMM

Yep... talking about temp protect.... the 200 changed with the latest firmware (minor coding issue I guess?) The latest firmware really improved SS316 "smoothness" more inline with the DNA75.  I could revert back to a previous firmware for the 200 and probably get the flashes back but I would loose the SS316 improvement thus the flashes take a back seat to SS316 smoothing for me.... :)

I wouldn't be surprised that Evolv is still making improvements in software/firmware but I've not heard what the FDA process is for updating software/firmware.

By the way Thanks George. Also was wondering Lost Vapes has it set to LiPo 3 cell. I wonder if I should leave well enough alone. IDK if it got changed on the Therion or not. When I fist got it I changed it to 18650 but with that version of Escribe it gave you no choices or wh or anything if you changed it. When I got the DNA200 and downloaded the latest version it was 1.2SP3. They both seem to be working well and I have my soft cell cutoff set to 2.75. The battery bar seems to be fine. I haven't even looked at the Lavabox to see how it is set up it is also a 75. I didn't touch anything exept changed the profiles to the ones from Steam Engine since all I use is SS316L and sometimes a Kanthal head very rarely anymore Ti so I put in the SE SS316L, SE Ti01 and excribe Watts in 1,2 and 3. The SS is right on I'm very impressed with how it holds temp. 

2legsshrt said:

By the way Thanks George. Also was wondering Lost Vapes has it set to LiPo 3 cell. I wonder if I should leave well enough alone. IDK if it got changed on the Therion or not. When I fist got it I changed it to 18650 but with that version of Escribe it gave you no choices or wh or anything if you changed it. When I got the DNA200 and downloaded the latest version it was 1.2SP3. They both seem to be working well and I have my soft cell cutoff set to 2.75. The battery bar seems to be fine. I haven't even looked at the Lavabox to see how it is set up it is also a 75. I didn't touch anything exept changed the profiles to the ones from Steam Engine since all I use is SS316L and sometimes a Kanthal head very rarely anymore Ti so I put in the SE SS316L, SE Ti01 and excribe Watts in 1,2 and 3. The SS is right on I'm very impressed with how it holds temp. 

Legs,

The Lost Vape Triade (or whatever it is called) is a DNA200 and you don't have any option but LiPO and the number of cells so you don't have the same 18650 option you do with the DNA75. Just leave it where it is. It doesn't seem to make two cents worth of difference anyway.

As far as the battery bar I change all my DNAs (or charge) batteries when the bar is down to about an 1/8" (observational guess) and the batteries are usually at 3.5 ish volts. I could push them a little further but a lot of battery manufacturers say recharge at 3.5 so I figure I am ok or slightly better than ok. ;)

PS - it is about time you joined the world of real TC with a DNA unit. :D

George
I hear ya on joining the DNA group. I just wasn't satisfied with the way YiHi did SS but I really liked the wire. So easy to wrap and clean. With Ti the YiHi did very well but with my lung problems just thought it might be better to give the SS a try and I love it especially now these DNA's do it so well. At first I was used to the harsher vape I got with the YiHi and I thought the DNA wasn't doing it for me I had to turn it up to 450 to get the vape I was used to but once I got used to the way it works now I can vape it at 410 and get a very satisfying vape and my lungs don't hurt if I get nervous and power vape. I just really love it. It is definately a change but one for the good. I can't say enough how well I love the vape I get now with SS. How's Utah treating you?

2legsshrt said:

George
I hear ya on joining the DNA group. I just wasn't satisfied with the way YiHi did SS but I really liked the wire. So easy to wrap and clean. With Ti the YiHi did very well but with my lung problems just thought it might be better to give the SS a try and I love it especially now these DNA's do it so well. At first I was used to the harsher vape I got with the YiHi and I thought the DNA wasn't doing it for me I had to turn it up to 450 to get the vape I was used to but once I got used to the way it works now I can vape it at 410 and get a very satisfying vape and my lungs don't hurt if I get nervous and power vape. I just really love it. It is definately a change but one for the good. I can't say enough how well I love the vape I get now with SS. How's Utah treating you?

Legs,

Even before the SS Fix (which by the way applies to all the material settings) you will get just as even TC control with Ni, TI as you do with SS. I have no clue how they pulled off this last stability fix. I have done a lot of Industrial Temp control using PLC(s) and I was never able to get the degree of accuracy Evolv has pulled off. What ever they did has to have put the fear of God into the rest of the TC industry.

Legs, as far as Utah I live in the south west corner (the desert) and the heat is finally starting to back off a little. The cooler it gets the better I do. Thanks for asking.

HolmanGT said:

Legs,

Even before the SS Fix (which by the way applies to all the material settings) you will get just as even TC control with Ni, TI as you do with SS. I have no clue how they pulled off this last stability fix. I have done a lot of Industrial Temp control using PLC(s) and I was never able to get the degree of accuracy Evolv has pulled off. What ever they did has to have put the fear of God into the rest of the TC industry.

Legs, as far as Utah I live in the south west corner (the desert) and the heat is finally starting to back off a little. The cooler it gets the better I do. Thanks for asking.

And the hardware was already capable of, they have just iteratively improved and tuned the firmware.  It's great to see this on a product that is over a year old in this industry.

I remember your first posts Legs, expecting it to be similar to the YiHi, well done for giving it a proper go I think some people take a while to adjust.  It is a bit like how low end audio systems used to have a loudness button that just boosted the base and treble, it sounded impressive in the store, but it sure didn't improve the fidelity.