Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

@Dragonlore I don't know the tech specs on the Boost Punch but it applies a modest "boost" (no pun intended) based on the actual power setting. I haven't really looked into it or done the maths, but a quick test revealed at 25.8W and a boost of 7, provided 31.1W (for a brief moment) and a last power reading of 27W off a 4.8s puff / 0.5Ω Kanthal single coil.

Personally I don't mind the new way, but would prefer the option to have both ie boost time/power (it also meant I had to change all my themes... again!).

Edited by etab75
  • Like 1

@etab75: I'm hoping Boost Punch works well enough with non-temperature-sensing coils that we can stick with it instead of changing things.

(SP26's Boost was a first try. It was discontinuous in power, which meant you had to either use too much power near the end of the boost, or too little at the start.)

I'd be curious to hear how well it works for yall, if you're using non-temperature-sensing coils. Brandon was able to use a lot of his coils quite well with a Boost Punch of 7 or 8. It should get up to temperature quickly without being glaringly noticeable, a bit like preheat (minus temperature protection).

• Like 1

@James For my needs its perfectly acceptable - I'm not a huge power user (under 30W usually) so its a smooth curve. I'd be interested to see what big hitters think, that why I was leaning towards setting a power figure rather than a specific percentage increase. But as you pointed out this is more user friendly way of getting continuous albeit short boosts, so thanks for that James! In addition If 7-8 is good for the Brandon-meister  I'll stick with it :grin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, jeff245103 said:

Does SomeOne Have A Link For SP27? I Did A Reboot And It Knocked Me Down To SP25, Now I Don't See Any Option To Get Back To SP26 Or SP27. Thanks For The Help In Advance! (This Was on A Dna75C Device )

*Device Monitor Says Version 1.1SP25.

Jeff,

You need to install the International version to get SP27:

"--- DNA 75 Color (firmware 1.1 SP27) ---
-- International Edition only:"

Hope this gets you back to what you want.

• Like 2

Hello. Today I bought a paranormal. I connected to the computer and through escribe I made some basic settings and uploaded them to the device. So far all good. A little while ago I wanted to do some more, refuses to upload the escribe, and for anything I try to upload to my paranormal it makes the message "falled to upload settings". Why is this happening? what does not go well?

8 minutes ago, truckman said:

Hello. Today I bought a paranormal. I connected to the computer and through escribe I made some basic settings and uploaded them to the device. So far all good. A little while ago I wanted to do some more, refuses to upload the escribe, and for anything I try to upload to my paranormal it makes the message "falled to upload settings". Why is this happening? what does not go well?

Try other USB ports and other USB cables, I have a drawer of cables that will still charge but stopped working with data connection. I've tried expensive and cheap cables, doesn't seem to matter, it's hit or miss how long they'll last. Now I keep a couple new cables on hand so I'm not stuck without one that works.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2017 at 0:26 PM, James said:

Did you apply the Service Pack? It will offer it with a message with a lightbulb, but you have to click it to apply that Service Pack.

Yep, I had to use the international version to get it to work, but all seems fixed right now. Thanks Everyone!

James,

This new version 2.0 SP9 on a DNA 250 doesn't show Temperature Set until you tell it what temp should be and the Actual Temperature doesn't show at all.

I now have two DNA 250s that do not display actual temperature in the Device monitor. Argh!

My apologies to all, 

I was in power mode and didn't realize it then panicked when my two DNA250s didn't appear to be working.

All is good with this update as far as I can tell.

Really sorry James and all the folks on this forum.

George 

Edited by HolmanGT

@James, I am not real sure what you are asking in regards to the max temp?

Anyway, I went into such a panic mode  [FacePalm] when it didn't display actual temperature I just lost it. When I couldn't discover what was wrong I posted to you about "the problem".

Then went back to playing around and discovered MY ERROR. spent a couple of minutes kick myself in the butt for posting to you about the problem so quickly.

James, everything is working with the DNA250s and the new firmware as I would expect it to. I did replace my sub-ohm coils running Kanthal in Watts mode with a tank using Ni-200 in TC mode and everything performed as it should in Watts and TC mode.

Sorry for alarming you,