Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Hi mates, I am thinking to upgrade my Hcigar VT200 with the ** 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 ** firmware. But before taking that step further, any reviews from those who already done the SP3 update with VT200? Is there any noticeable differences or improvements if compared to *** 2016-02-29 EScribe 1.0.42 *** firmware which I am currently using now? Thanks for any kind feedback, and sorry if my language seems poor. :)

SteveF said:

Why has the internal resistance changed on my mods? Is this part of the firmware smoothing that has improved the response of temperature protection? I have 3 mods 0.003, 0.004 and 0.007. Checked regularly enough but are now 0.007, 0.009 and 0.011-12 Atomiser analyser won't actually register a constant with the copper tool screwed in and only then give a reading as the tool is unscrewed. surely my mods can't have zero resistance now? Is the board now compensating?

I too am experiencing this same issue. Mod's resistance is not registering properly as before and coil resistance seems to be dropping lower than I know it to be then coming back up after sitting idle awhile. 

When using the copper resistance tool the mod shows 0 resistance. This was after the sp3 update.

For what it's worth I just did a little testing using a Magma RDA. I used my VTbox200 running SP3. Using EScribe voltage readings and a volt meter on the RBA's posts. I then rolled back the firmware to 2-23 and compared the two.
I also used an IPV2 and took voltage readings off the posts of the RDA.
Wattage set at 45 and temp off
EScribe with both firmware said 4.75 volts, the voltage readings off the RDA's posts were the same also, 4.39 volts.
Voltage readings taken from the RDA posts on the IPV2 also was 4.39 volts.

SteveF said:

I'm having a moment of regret, admittedly the temperature protection has improved. I can now use SS with the confidence I previously only had with titanium. (I just can't get on with ni200). However there seems to be a cost in power mode, I never thought I would say it but at 45w my evic mini now gives better delivery than my DNA200s. I've had to up the power to 65w to reduce rampup, something that I have never had to do. Which brings me to some questions. Why has the internal resistance changed on my mods? Is this part of the firmware smoothing that has improved the response of temperature protection? I have 3 mods 0.003, 0.004 and 0.007. Checked regularly enough but are now 0.007, 0.009 and 0.011-12 Atomiser analyser won't actually register a constant with the copper tool screwed in and only then give a reading as the tool is unscrewed. surely my mods can't have zero resistance now? Is the board now compensating? How do I remove the old material profiles? The old preloaded steam engine profiles of ti, ss and ni200 can't be removed from the system. I've noticed that the ss316 profile is slightly higher than the previous steam engine profile by about 0.02. Reading into this (could be wrong) but this is now a generic SS profile?

<span>skineedog</span> said:

I too am experiencing this same issue. Mod's resistance is not registering properly as before and coil resistance seems to be dropping lower than I know it to be then coming back up after sitting idle awhile. 

When using the copper resistance tool the mod shows 0 resistance. This was after the sp3 update.

Hey... I see a pattern here! After all, my "?" in Efusion duo may be not be attributed into a very well cleaned 510...

Anybody else can confirm that symptoms?

Don't want to be too picky but i am sure Evolv want us to get the perfect machine, so we must help them to get there :D

That didn't happen on the VS

Edit: That is just a guess, but... Can it happen that when programming some parameters internal resistance of test device was also included? Sorry if i am wrong, but i'm just guessing as i don't have a clue of how it's done 9_9

mactavish said:

Just to add to the database. My copper ohm resistance tests on my VS DNA200, where identical at 0.005, with the first version of Escribe right through the SP3 update.

My VS200 didn't seems to change also - only the Efusion Duo. Can it be useful to share board serial numbers to help to reach some conclusion? (that question is aimed to Evolv staff)

dwcraig1 said:

For what it's worth I just did a little testing using a Magma RDA. I used my VTbox200 running SP3. Using EScribe voltage readings and a volt meter on the RBA's posts. I then rolled back the firmware to 2-23 and compared the two.
I also used an IPV2 and took voltage readings off the posts of the RDA.
Wattage set at 45 and temp off
EScribe with both firmware said 4.75 volts, the voltage readings off the RDA's posts were the same also, 4.39 volts.
Voltage readings taken from the RDA posts on the IPV2 also was 4.39 volts.

OK if you are using a ipv 2 to check anything your most likely getting false reading do to ground issue on the 510 pm me I send you a link showing how to fix it as far as power to the atty using DNA 200 my experience very dead on with any firm ware if you are running .5 coil and I believe you are dead on edit had point in wrong spot sorry

Screenshot_2016-08-11-23-19-37-1.png

Since it is close to the same (same actually) to what readings I got with tha DNA 200 I don't see any problem. Thanks though.
Had I measured the voltage where the 510's wires are soldered to the board there probably would have been a different reading.
The main grit of my post was that the output measured was the same on the DNA 200 with both firmware.

update.

All have been to zero, cleaned the 510s again and taken the surface off the copper tool. Its clean.

All have been checked prior to reboot, the soft reboot performed and re-run the analyser and the results are
ttoladd.jpg

wismec Rolo,

OE 0.003
before update 0.004
before reboot 0.007
now 0.007

DNA200
before update 0.007
before reboot 0.012
after reboot 0.010 but not holding steady reading its  flashing ?-0.010-?-0.011-?-0.012 and only reads ? when fully screwed in.

SMY-DNA200 
before update 0.004
after update....0.009
after reboot.....won't give a reading now with the copper tool in any position

20160316_193341.jpg

Today i upgraded a friend's Efusion Duo. Did measured before upgrade with my tool and it was 0.004 .

Immediately after upgrade to SP3 it had the same behavior of mine - the ? 

So now i am 100% sure. SP3 change internal resistance settings. My doubt now is: Keep the same 0.004 or change to 0?
Also is it 0.004 or 0,004?

Note: That big guy was like a child with a new toy after try the smoothness of SS16L now. Before was using temp limit as safety, now is using temp dominant in pure temp control.

I don't think the internal resistance has changed. 1.2 SP3 may have trouble reading resistances that low, probably due to some of the extra protection code we added. I'll have to look at it this coming week. Other than this issue, I am glad it is working well for yall. :)

txmonkey214 said:

That comment raises a question for me: I thought Temp Dominant simply switched the wattage and the temperature positions on the OLED. Is it, in fact, a different level of Temperature Protection?

It works just the same, it just allows you to make one you adjust them most map directly to the up down buttons.

Not sure if I've made an obvious error, but just upgraded my VS DNA200 to v1.2 SP3 firmware. I've used titanium-1 for all of my builds to date, but was tempted by the talk of "buttery-smooth SS" temp control. 

Everything looks fine, except that my SS 316 build (dual SS 316 coils, 26 gauge, 11 wraps each) is refusing to "work" in TC mode. Each time I fire my mod, the set temperature (400F) disappears and is replaced with "OFF".

Profile settings are Temperature-Dominant, 400F, power set to 90W, Preheat Power = 90W, Preheat Punch = 5, Preheat Time Limit = 1s.

Cold coil resistance is showing correctly (0.24?), and increases to 0.25?, then 0.26? as the coil gets hot, but temp control seems to be disabled for some reason.

I've tried both a hard and soft reboot (soft reboot fixed the battery gauge showing 0%), not sure if the hard reboot did anything meaningful.

Any ideas what might be up?

James said:

I don't think the internal resistance has changed. 1.2 SP3 may have trouble reading resistances that low, probably due to some of the extra protection code we added. I'll have to look at it this coming week. Other than this issue, I am glad it is working well for yall. :)

I'll just add, with SP3, the Vaporshark DNA200 and SNY SDNA75, the copper plug read resistance fine, same as before updates. However, I just received my HCigar VT75 Nano, an 18650 mod, like the SNY. In the Atty check, all I get is the "?", NO ohm resistance reading at all. I manually set it at "0.002", same as the SNY, as a GUESS. UPDATE: screwed the copper plug down till it was super tight, got a reading of 0.004. Just wasn't making the connection.

stuartro said:

Not sure if I've made an obvious error, but just upgraded my VS DNA200 to v1.2 SP3 firmware. I've used titanium-1 for all of my builds to date, but was tempted by the talk of "buttery-smooth SS" temp control. 

Everything looks fine, except that my SS 316 build (dual SS 316 coils, 26 gauge, 11 wraps each) is refusing to "work" in TC mode. Each time I fire my mod, the set temperature (400F) disappears and is replaced with "OFF".

Profile settings are Temperature-Dominant, 400F, power set to 90W, Preheat Power = 90W, Preheat Punch = 5, Preheat Time Limit = 1s.

Cold coil resistance is showing correctly (0.24?), and increases to 0.25?, then 0.26? as the coil gets hot, but temp control seems to be disabled for some reason.

I've tried both a hard and soft reboot (soft reboot fixed the battery gauge showing 0%), not sure if the hard reboot did anything meaningful.

I run in to that on my first build after installing the up date I reloaded the file for 316 ss Ben perfect ever since my first build 0.16 works great now did a 0.1 build in another RTA again perfect 100 watts preheat 480 D F edit add 65 watts run drops to around 28 watts mod set for temperature dominant it's a perfect doesn't get any better

stuartro said:

Double check if you have correct profile. Just to be sure, download it from steam engine, or use the one i attach here. csv DNA200-SS_316-SteamEngine.csv     
I also had wrong profiles on one of my mods and had that behavior 

OK so im confused I have a triade dna200 by lost vape and have loved the experience thus far but after this new update I no longer have the "mod" tab that allows watt hour adjustment at all. what happened? I installed the new escribe it said click here to install service pack to your device. did it. then the battery bar went blank after completion so I pulled the batteries out and bar back to normal but the setting to adjust the watt hours in escribe is just plain gone. what have I done wrong