Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

yoseff said:

This is what you refer to?
:D Even after new firmware we continue cheating on our beloved DNA's...
Will confirm later if it still works.

yes but here: 
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65540-topic/?do=findComment&comment=884720
It worked for me with the FW before...  let me try it..one moment
Edit: I couldn't get it to work on the two 200's that worked before, it can be a bit finicky, I'll try again later

I wonder if it happened to anyone else and if it has something to do with this last firmware upgrade:
After well cleaning the 510 , i decided to measure once again the mod internal resistance. I did made a proper tool to that, some time ago and it worked well before. (May share later a photo, but basically is the base of plumeveil with a copper or brass - not sure - screw, that is on the place of positive pin, making a good, solid short)

Now, when i try to use it again on the Efusion Duo, all i get is a question mark in Atomiser Analyser, (even putting the mod resistance to 0) and when i put a tank, it gets exact reading, but it keeps there even after taking out the tank... Bit weird.
It only does that with the efusion that i did put SP3. With the VS (still with older firmware) it works as it was before and also with the Therion 75.
Escribe is the latest one, with SP3

Can anyone with the SP3 try to replicate that?
Thanks

dwcraig1 - same post i did put on the link, only wrong page :)

VapingBad said:

The ? normally means the res is so low that it is hitting the current limit, I get it on at the 2 DNA 200s with Evolv 510 I just checked.

Can it be that with that good cleaning (with some brass cleaner) the connectivity is so good that actual resistance is lower than the previous 0,004??

And what about the last resistance continue to appear in Atomiser Analyser even after taking out the tank? Bug or feature?

yoseff said:

Can it be that with that good cleaning (with some brass cleaner) the connectivity is so good that actual resistance is lower than the previous 0,004??

And what about the last resistance continue to appear in Atomiser Analyser even after taking out the tank? Bug or feature?

In checking Mod Resistance with a tool the setting should always be tested with a 0 reading to start. When you test is it set to 0 before testing?

yoseff said:

Yes. It was set to 0, and it showed the ?

I am only going to post this in case others read this later, as I am just about positive you already did this. But after setting the Mod Resistance (Mod tab) to zero, please upload it to your mod. Otherwise it doesn't count.

BillW50 said:

I am only going to post this in case others read this later, as I am just about positive you already did this. But after setting the Mod Resistance (Mod tab) to zero, please upload it to your mod. Otherwise it doesn't count.

Sure :)

Did put 0 and Uploaded. 
Only saw this behavior after applying  SP3. That's why i am curious about other's experiences.

VapingBad said:

I reckon, it is a guess though, ? means 0.002x or less resistance, as I have measured 0.003 before.

Did try again... As i start to screw the tool it displays 0.02x, but as soon as it gets solid connection, it goes to ?
Can it be that by deep cleaning the positive pin i reached that low res??? 
Did put 0.003, just in case that is some bug
Is 0.002 the minimum it reads? Maybe i should put that number there.

Other question: Is it already safe to put sp3 in my VS? Or still some problem with the 2A Charge? Anyway we can always "go back", right? Will wait for some more answers before doing it.

SS in DNA200 now is so smoooooth... Thanks Evolv :Dsmooooth.png 

KTMRider said:

I updated my VS with 1.2 sp3 and it seems to work fine with my mod. 

I'm still in the testing with sp3.

Sometimes it will charge at the full 2 amps, sometimes it exhibits the same behavior as SP2.

As of right now, i'm the only one to report problems with SP3 and the VS. So it could be an isolated incident.

Spirometry said:

I'm still in the testing with sp3.

Sometimes it will charge at the full 2 amps, sometimes it exhibits the same behavior as SP2.

As of right now, i'm the only one to report problems with SP3 and the VS. So it could be an isolated incident.

I replied on the other thread. I tried charging when my VS was 12.0v and it's still charging at 2a. I unplugged it at 12.2v for a few mins and replugged it with another cable on the same PB5000 and still charging at 2a. 

turbocad6 said:

don't know why, but my dna60 charges fine but doesn't show the charging amps, just shows 0.0a on the screen and ? in device monitor even though it does charge... any ideas?

I am 99% sure that it is because the charge IC does not supply that info for the main processor to capture, like the DNA 75.

I have not seen that before, were you previously using a very old version of EScribe, maybe try the recommended version update the fw to 2016-02-29 EScribe 1.0.42 then reinstall SP3.  If you were not on a really old version try rerunning EScribe the install with the service pack option checked.  These are just guesses though, let us know how you get on.