Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Phone Guy said:

Not only did I tell them the truth, THEY tried to update it and connect it to escribe in the store in an attempt to resurrect it. They downloaded a version of Escribe (I couldn't see which version), installed it, connected it, I know I heard them say something about "reset" (they were talking to each other in store) but I already knew none of their solutions would work since I had already tried (well documented above).

The only thing I didn't specifically tell them was I tried several firmware's trying to bring it back to life (ie: downgrading, re-upgrading, etc)

*IF* there is an issue specific to the VaporFlask 133 and firmware update's, I would SERIOUSLY like to know, because I fully intend to buy another one. I'm hoping for some Labor day online sales this week actually... if they would have had another one I would have exchanged it in a second... I was a little bummed getting a refund - but....

I am hoping someone here who either HAS a VaporFlask 133 who can verify an update process, or the Evolv guy's can verify the firmware update either works or doesn't work.

I just updated my SharkFlask 133 to SP3, zero issues. If any board at all bricks during update, trying removing all USB devices except the critical ones, and then attempt a manual firmware update via Tools > Update Firmware, or now Tools > Apply Service Pack.

We have seen that sometimes, certain USB devices that are trying to communicate on the USB bus can interrupt an EScribe update.

The manual updates available via the dropdown function a bit differently from the normal updates, and that aspect of the software should be able to communicate with a bricked board. I have brought quite a few that bricked during update back this way. It may take a few tries of plugging, unplugging, and trying again but it should work for anything that died during a firmware update.

I just noticed when changing atty I don't see yes/no about different coil just changed my atty from .14 to .2 both SS it read it and fired it so took atty off and let it set fire the mod of course check coil and put atty back on reading. .19 I can understand it .19/.2 but .14/.2 in the much of a change in Titanium it would have have not fired it with out asking different coil

Is anybody else having problems with SSV 0.4 under SP3?

All 8 of my DNA 200 and DNA 75 boards are reading a coil higher than previously and it's pushing temp down like it's being installed warm.  Using the 0.5 profile I get about a 30 degree shift downward in expected temps and using the 0.4 profile I get about an 80 degree shift downward.  Have seen some others on a Facebook group seeming to describe a similar problem where they seemingly are reaching temp (flatlined but increases in W don't get hotter) but graph is showing they are not getting there.  I've obviously removed profile and reinstalled it from SSV's site so I don't think it's that.

Spirometry said:

The 0.200 resistance would have been outside of the vaping range if it was the same coil.

The TFR for SS316 @800° is 1.332 
0.14 X 1.332 = 0.18648
Because your new coil resistance was higher than 0.18648, The DNA assumed it was a new coil.

this was my mistake I always flash fire button one time on a new build to see ohms because I set the mod down it reset it's self to the proper setting I will go stand in the corner with my hat on now

LeeWB3 said:

Is anybody else having problems with SSV 0.4 under SP3?

All 8 of my DNA 200 and DNA 75 boards are reading a coil higher than previously and it's pushing temp down like it's being installed warm.  Using the 0.5 profile I get about a 30 degree shift downward in expected temps and using the 0.4 profile I get about an 80 degree shift downward.  Have seen some others on a Facebook group seeming to describe a similar problem where they seemingly are reaching temp (flatlined but increases in W don't get hotter) but graph is showing they are not getting there.  I've obviously removed profile and reinstalled it from SSV's site so I don't think it's that.

absolutely no problems now sp3 is a lot different than using ss before I use evolv wire profile the .2 build I am using now is the highest I have ever gone temperature control 24 GA ss (ohms not locked )100 watts preheat 55 watts run set temperature dominant I can run temperature from 435/500 degrees Fahrenheit AND it's dead on when using temperature dominant rather than watts for setting your temperature and wherever I set it that's where it runs it's dead on (ADD EDIT disregard I miss read the question ) sorry

dwcraig1 said:

Isn't SSV 0.4 a CSV for Sweet Spot Vapor's brand of Ti?

O O you are correct I have had SS on my mind since release of sp3 and completely missed that .my SS Sweet Spot for titanium is Escrib CSV TI wire settings from .06/.14 builds Lightning vape wire .I did not notice very much if any difference after sp3 with titanium Its always worked great but big difference in stainless steel using Escrib CSV settings for SS with lighting vape wire . Thank you for catching that

Modbustersecig said:

O O you are correct I have had SS on my mind since release of sp3 and completely missed that .my SS Sweet Spot for titanium is Escrib CSV TI wire settings from .06/.14 builds Lightning vape wire .I did not notice very much if any difference after sp3 with titanium Its always worked great but big difference in stainless steel using Escrib CSV settings for SS with lighting vape wire . Thank you for catching that

Yeah, sorry if confusing. As I understand it, Sweet Spot Vapors Ti wire is a specific alloy of Titanium with lots of engineering to reduce chance of TiO2, etc. On their site they provide different material CSV profiles for the 0.4, 0.5 and 0.6mm versions they sell. I'm not noticing a difference with the 0.5 and 0.6 profiles, but the 0.4 profile is requiring MUCH more power to reach set temp and the apparent warmth of set temps that used to be pretty darn warm is now schorchingly hot. I figured some of you guys probably used it and was checking to see if this was just me... Which it certainly may be because I haven't used a lot of the 0.4...

"Sweet Spot Vapors Ti wire is a specific alloy of Titanium with lots of engineering to reduce chance of TiO2, etc." Titanium grade 1, is NOT an "ALLOY", most titanium users, and a few experts dispute these SSV claims, some even laugh at them. PBusardo likes it mostly as they include a CSV file, but while I enjoy Phils reviews, he's no expert on a lot of subjects. Do yourself a favor and save some money by using real titanium G1, the CSV file can be found on SteamEngine site, and the Temco ti works fine with every mod I own that has a built in TI preset. The main reason to use titanium in the first place is to avoid alloys. https://www.temcoindustrial.com/titanium-wire-grade1-non-resistance.html

retird said:

The DNA200 folks already have the improved SS firmware.  It came with the "Early"  Release of 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 .  

Link:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/?do=findComment&comment=900118

Thanks. Be nice if they didnt hide such an update in a forum thread and made it available form the DNA HP....

retird said:

The DNA200 folks already have the improved SS firmware.  It came with the "Early"  Release of 2016-08-08 EScribe 1.2 SP3 .  

Link:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/?do=findComment&comment=900118

Upgrade the SS vape, but downgrade the battery meter. Really there is something wrong with this update.
test.png 

What has worked for me on many of my mods, I save my settings before flashing, then reload them after. It has always restored my battery meter and no other problems noted, haven't had to do any soft reboot since I started this practice. Works for me, YMMV. :)

Dyagilets said:

will dna 75 get an update power up + 10-15 watts? so it become 85-90 watts overall.

got my lost vape therion today, so wondering if it somehow become stronger :)

I very much doubt it, Evolv have never done that sly marketing trick of releasing a device that can just about run at the quoted power until the big reviewers have finished reviewing it then releasing an update to up the power higher than it can deliver unless the battery is full and the sun is shining.

To the guy asking about the version for the DNA 200.  Version 1.2 SP3 is both the most recent "early firmware" AND the version you'll get if you install the default version downloaded from the site.  When you install the default version it will autocheck the "apply service pack" option and when it does that installation it does the SP3 upgrade.

So, V1.2 SP3 is no longer "early firmware" - it is the official version.

I just wanted to keep everyone posted on this for those who are interested. I ordered another Vaporshark Vaporflask DNA 133 over the weekend. I emailed Vaporshark repeatedly asked if the shark flask 133 would safely accept the SP3 firmware without causing any issues. I was assured it could upgraded by the end user to SP3. For the record here is the email I received today. (I asked if they could upgrade the device for me and test it before sending it out, they could/would not)

Phone Guy said:

I just wanted to keep everyone posted on this for those who are interested. I ordered another Vaporshark Vaporflask DNA 133 over the weekend. I emailed Vaporshark repeatedly asked if the shark flask 133 would safely accept the SP3 firmware without causing any issues. I was assured it could upgraded by the end user to SP3. For the record here is the email I received today. (I asked if they could upgrade the device for me and test it before sending it out, they could/would not)

In my opinion, it should be on their best interest to do themselves the upgrade.
That way they would be sure about the conditions upgrade was done, if it really works well, and would potencially avoid the situation of getting it back a few days later "just because" it was bricked.

Also they would be 200% sure to give advice next time other client asks about it.

But... That's just my opinion and i cannot say anything bad about VS service. Already have a few VS changed without any questions. :D
The last one I have has just a little issue with fire button. They do not seem to last too much on the VS's. Has been a long time it lost the "clickyness". But always fire without problems.
Maybe it will get a DNA 250 board in the future :)

yoseff said:

In my opinion, it should be on their best interest to do themselves the upgrade.
That way they would be sure about the conditions upgrade was done, if it really works well, and would potencially avoid the situation of getting it back a few days later "just because" it was bricked.

Also they would be 200% sure to give advice next time other client asks about it.

But... That's just my opinion and i cannot say anything bad about VS service. Already have a few VS changed without any questions. :D
The last one I have has just a little issue with fire button. They do not seem to last too much on the VS's. Has been a long time it lost the "clickyness". But always fire without problems.
Maybe it will get a DNA 250 board in the future :)

my VS DNA 40's fire button (hard wired in LG HE4 one) lost the tactile click and sound. I'm positive i can find the same button they use at Digikey.com    i found exact replacement buttons for my vapor flask clone fire button there. 

should have my flask 133 this thrs or fri, PhoneGuy..............:D

Dyagilets said:

will dna 75 get an update power up + 10-15 watts? so it become 85-90 watts overall.

got my lost vape therion today, so wondering if it somehow become stronger :)

No, that will never happen. The companies that do that lie about their numbers, Evolv report accurate figures so you won't get a magical power boost with a software update from these guys.

There's a Therion coming which does 133 watts using the DNA 200 chip though. It's the exact same as the original Therion but with more power (and less battery life, presumably).