Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

mactavish said:

I have come to rely on the TC notification. And have defended it to so, so many that originally see it as a WARNING, and not a notice that your device is working properly and just letting you know you have achieved the temperature you set it to. And then in future updates you allowed the TC message to be turned off, for those that did not care for it. My point being, while I'm certainly happy for a better vape experience, you have also introduced another variable. I can see folks saying, sometimes I get the TC message on screen, sometimes I don't! Personally I think if possible there should be a consistently of the TC message, and that if the user, like me has it set for on screen display, then I expect it to display every time I hit the temp target I set it to, regardless of the current wire material. Does this not seem logical?

Our technology has never been TC or Temperature Control, it has been Temperature Protection or TP, meaning we are not controlling it per se, but preventing it from going over the set temperature. Our policy has always been to give the most accurate information possible, if the temperature is not being limited because it could potentially go over the setting, we don't display the message. This has always been how it was coded and intended to my knowledge, the only difference now is the control system is so precise and fast that we are not at risk of going over the set temperature.

I do understand your point of view however and will bring it up internally.

Nick said:

Our technology has never been TC or Temperature Control, it has been Temperature Protection or TP, meaning we are not controlling it per se, but preventing it from going over the set temperature. Our policy has always been to give the most accurate information possible, if the temperature is not being limited because it could potentially go over the setting, we don't display the message. This has always been how it was coded and intended to my knowledge, the only difference now is the control system is so precise and fast that we are not at risk of going over the set temperature.

Amen, brother Nick

Finally a statement of the way it should work and be used from the horses mouth (no insult intended). ;)

James said:

Someone try this. It's a single value change, nothing big. The current sense amp and charger are right next to each other on the VaporShark board, so the code was getting confused by a bit of electrical noise. Easy fix. Let me know if this works for you and if so, I'll put it in a quick update tonight.

EDIT: Need to make one for both variants of the VS board.

I don't see where I can make that change.

mknight said:

I don't see where I can make that change.

You don't need to, it is done based on the model in the firmware, updating should be all that is needed.

Edit: I believe James removed the file he posted as he needs to change it for both variants. It should be up again as soon as possible, stay tuned here.

If the setpoint is 450F and the DNA is spending 75% of its time at 449.5F instead of 450.5F, it still ought to display the message. The purpose of messages is helping people not math. :)

As far as overshoot goes, the new firmwares have a "Temp Peak" option in Device Monitor. That shows the maximum temperature observed by the temperature protection code at any point during the puff.

Nick said:

Yes, temperture protection, that's what I should have said, and that's how I've explained it to those that get confused about the onscreen message. You may recall we got into the true meaning of that message a year or so a go, so I could fully understand it. Glad you are open minded enough to see the point I was making.

James said:

If the setpoint is 450F and the DNA is spending 75% of its time at 449.5F instead of 450.5F, it still ought to display the message. The purpose of messages is helping people not math. :)

As far as overshoot goes, the new firmwares have a "Temp Peak" option in Device Monitor. That shows the maximum temperature observed by the temperature protection code at any point during the puff.

Exactly, well said! Also, was not aware of the new Temp Peak option, thanks.

txmonkey214 said:

Hi, Yes, the battery goes to 0% when you load 1.2. All I had to do to restore the battery setting was a soft reset.

Yes same with me...the problem solved for battery level 0% after reload the battery setting on my triade

20160116_143532.jpg 
very impressed i have not got a chance to build ss on it yet and after installing did soft reboot to get my battery meter back i like the simplest of it so far and to move the mouse pointer to see amps volts is nice  even pausing the graft . It seams to me to be bit better on titanium might be i am not use to it but i do not think so thank you   edit add Opus DNA 200 Billow V 3 NICE

hey gang, sorry for the needed explanation, but how and where do i get this new improved firmware n put it on my efusion duo? does this update only affect the ss tc? i mean ive never done a firmware update, ive only had this, my first dna200, for a few weeks. im still learning. i do use ss316l in tc exclusively so i would love to get this update. thanks in advance for the help!!! 

954kevin said:

hey gang, sorry for the needed explanation, but how and where do i get this new improved firmware n put it on my efusion duo? does this update only affect the ss tc? i mean ive never done a firmware update, ive only had this, my first dna200, for a few weeks. im still learning. i do use ss316l in tc exclusively so i would love to get this update. thanks in advance for the help!!! 

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/?do=findComment&comment=900119
The one listed as "Early" 2016-08-08.....just listed

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/?do=findComment&comment=900119

[EARLY]
*** 2016-08-05 EScribe 1.2 ***

After you install the new version of escribe, you will see the option to update your firmware.

After you update firmware, do a soft reboot to get your battery meter back.

James

Right after the update I saw it charging at 2 amps. I unplugged it and pluged it back in. After that I saw it start ramping up then reset, it did that about 3 times then it finally ramped up to 2 amps.

Right now it is plugged in and exhibiting the same behavior as SP2. I have tried hard and soft reboots with no success.

very nice. thats a significant improvement. 

after installing the update i fired up the device monitor n was pleased with how much smoother my 316l was, but i was getting what i thought was a twinge of dry-ish hit as i was "testing."  i thought "thats weird, it looks very much more stable on the graph??" 

.....my tank had runith dry. : ) 

feeling like maybe trying out some ss316l fused claptons again after giving up on a set of 26/38's i put in when i first got the dna200. the increased stability on these simple spaced coils is promising.