Let's see your 200's!

promod2000avenger said:

You stated all 4 of these are from EVOLV.
So are you saying EVOLV made 4 different size reference enclosures ?
Not that I knew of.
They only made 1 size.
The small 900mah one.
Maybe I am incorrect.
If I am please correct me.

Walt

If this in reference to my post...I don't believe I said there was 4 different sizes, or didn't mean to anyway.

Only that the very early one is slightly shorter. To my knowledge there is only one size.

lexalove said:

I've never seen or owned one of the original reference mods so can someone explain to me what's the deal with the 510 connectors on these mods? What is it about the design that makes it so much better, than say a FDV item, which is what I use on all the mods I sell including the 3D printed reference mod I've built?

Then the next question, of course, assuming they are as superior as people are saying will they be made available to us mere mortals?

Cheers :)

The main difference is that those 510's on the Reference Mods are made to thread into the case. This allows the 510 to use the case itself as the ground path back to the board via the mounting hardware. It is not necessarily better or worse, just a design choice and also saves the time and space of the additional ground wire. 

lexalove said:

I've never seen or owned one of the original reference mods so can someone explain to me what's the deal with the 510 connectors on these mods? What is it about the design that makes it so much better, than say a FDV item, which is what I use on all the mods I sell including the 3D printed reference mod I've built?

Then the next question, of course, assuming they are as superior as people are saying will they be made available to us mere mortals?

Cheers :)

3 things of the Evolv 510 stand out to me:
- Spring Force (this is the main one, much higher spring force than any 510 I have seen)
- Copper Center Pin (I believe they might be having these coated now for even better performance)
Ultem 1000 Insulator Material (will stand up to the high heat produced by high wattage vaping)

I believe Evolv plans to make their 510's available at some point in the future. Just like case design, Evolv has made the design, specs, materials available and free for anyone to use. https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/68495-topic/?do=findComment&comment=915975

lexalove said:

Thanks Bap & Nick... good information to know.

I didn't see any 3D Models specific to the 510 or are they in the model for the reference case? (Only have Solid Works at work so can't open it at the moment since I'm at home).

Yes the 510 parts are in the 3D files

David247 said:

Here's my latest mod Regards David

Thanks for that, I just waiting for a chip back from evolv and your design will be used! Always wanted a squonk box , shame about the battery size, but I have a 2200mah 3s in my original dna but it is a bit of a brick! What buttons did you use there? And is that the squonk kit from mod makers as well?

lewisss said:

[QUOTE=David247]Here's my latest mod Regards David

Thanks for that, I just waiting for a chip back from evolv and your design will be used! Always wanted a squonk box , shame about the battery size, but I have a 2200mah 3s in my original dna but it is a bit of a brick! What buttons did you use there? And is that the squonk kit from mod makers as well?[/QUOTE]

Hi I will add the parts that I used for you later

Regards David