Let's see your 200's!

Mad Scientist said:

[QUOTE=Brady]polishedprototype2.jpg 

Received our first prototypes of the Evo. This one has a polished finish without engravings, where the production versions will be anodized.

Is that going to be commercially available?  Looks great.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can check out our facebook page or group for updates. Just search for "Psyclone Mods" or "Psyclone Evo". Thank you for the kind words, a lot of time has been spent on the design.

Will the buttons protrude any more than the prototype? Any photos of the interior? Battery size? I don't do FB and don't have plans to any time soon.

I've just realized I was right about my personal feelings for the Lipos, 900 mah doesn't last very long at all. Hope Hot Cig gets the dual 18650 packs out soon or this thing's likely going the way of the Dodos. I've even knocked the cutoff down to 3V. 
I guess I could bring my ohms up. I'm at .04 according to the DNA200 with a twisted 28 gauge Ni200 wrap on a 3.5mm mandrel, I'm hitting it with 30 watts. 
[IMG_20150927_132434_920_zpsqmb9np4a] 

Podunk Steam said:

Will the buttons protrude any more than the prototype? Any photos of the interior? Battery size? I don't do FB and don't have plans to any time soon.

I've just realized I was right about my personal feelings for the Lipos, 900 mah doesn't last very long at all. Hope Hot Cig gets the dual 18650 packs out soon or this thing's likely going the way of the Dodos. I've even knocked the cutoff down to 3V. 
I guess I could bring my ohms up. I'm at .04 with a twisted 28 gauge Ni200 wrap on a 3.5mm mandrel.
[IMG_20150927_132434_920_zpsqmb9np4a] 

It will be a 1400mah Lipo battery. We also found that the buttons were too recessed, and that has been addressed. Here is a picture of the internals of our anodized prototype.
protointernals.jpg

Podunk Steam said:

Sure looks different than the prototype posted. 

We had 2 prototypes made, one anodized, and one raw aluminum. The internals are from the anodized prototype, as I mentioned :).

Edit: We also polished the one with the raw finish, that is why it looks so shiny!

Rico said:

Hey all,

I really enjoyed seeing all your nice creations with this uber chip.
Here is mine, not very original but I love using it ;)
The case is a 1590G.

WP_20150725_001.jpg

What did you use to secure the screws in your case. I've tried JB Kwik Weld and 2 part epoxy (el-cheepo from Hobby Lobby) but the screws break off when I try to get the board in after soldering the 510. The epoxy breaks at the case and the JB weld tends to crack around the screw head. I'm even using the same buttons. It's put together but the battery holds the chip in place.

Your screws look more robust too. I used 1/2" 0-80's with flat heads for good surface contact.

IMAG0168.jpg 

My phone is a potato. I'm going to resolder the 510 at the + to get a little more room at the top and the - at the board to clean it up a bit.

Podunk Steam said:

They didn't do too bad with these. I'm fairly impressed and that doesn't happen easily with me.
[IMG_20150927_144924_zps7fgk5eax] 
[IMG_20150927_105315_zpskbcy6jxl] 

How has it been holding up? I am thinking about purchasing a HotCig, but don't know much about the company, so I'm a little apprehensive. I have been patiently waiting for the beta mod kits to be released, although, I have never built my own mod before. I am due for a new mod and really want the DNA 200, however, don't want to make an irrational decision. So, is the HotCig a "good" buy? In your opinion of course?

Mine has done well, I haven't pushed it hard as some have I'd think, 80 watt coil heat and 30 watts at 0.04 ohms at first and now 50 watt coil heat and 33 to 35 watts.
I've heard of one bad ground and one preemptive fix of the 510 to remedy a grounding issue. I'm not seeing any signs of this myself although an RDA getting really hot may effect the two metals slightly differently, unlikely but its a though.  

I intended on the 510 fix before I bought it so for me yes I'm happy with the Hotcig, if I was not a chain vaper I'd be happier. The battery doesn't quite make it through a day with me. For a light vaper willing to change the 510 being the solid build I'd say yes a real decent foundation and go for it. Higher ohms builds in my atomizers are yet to be ventured and could extend the vape time of the 900 Mah battery.

The rumor mill has it that larger Lipos and a serviceable dual 18650 pack are on the horizon, built at the same quality they'd be worth it.