Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

KTMRider said:

Why wouldn't you roll back until a new firmware comes out? It fixed my VS. 

First of all I don't need this mod right now. Secondly, I have bad experiences in doing such in the past. And mostly, I'd like to see how Evolv handles this. I assume a quick new version of the software/firmware to be offered. It's great that you and I participate in forums like this and ECF, but many users may simply update via Escibe or just somewhere on the net, and have a VaporShark DNA200, and will have a bad experience. I doubt Evolv wants to put out buggy software/firmware and then have to explain a work around as to make it work properly. I applaud your efforts, and perhaps what you have done will help them figure out the bad code. If it were my only mod, or it made my computer stop working, I would have followed your discovery already. Let's see how fast Evolv fixes this, they mentioned having Apple Mac software out in late 2015, or first quarter of 2016. Last I looked, it's the 3rd quarter, and we're behind! :)

dropdlicious said:

My VS200 is going back tomorrow so I'll let y'all know what they find as well. This has been going on 3 weeks waiting on a VS evolv firmware update but it seems as if evolv truly only found out a few days ago. Haha figures. I'll report back!

I think your issue is different than the one being discussed now... yours is that your VS arrived DOA...

mactavish said:

First of all I don't need this mod right now. Secondly, I have bad experiences in doing such in the past. And mostly, I'd like to see how Evolv handles this. I assume a quick new version of the software/firmware to be offered. It's great that you and I participate in forums like this and ECF, but many users may simply update via Escibe or just somewhere on the net, and have a VaporShark DNA200, and will have a bad experience. I doubt Evolv wants to put out buggy software/firmware and then have to explain a work around as to make it work properly. I applaud your efforts, and perhaps what you have done will help them figure out the bad code. If it were my only mod, or it made my computer stop working, I would have followed your discovery already. Let's see how fast Evolv fixes this, they mentioned having Apple Mac software out in late 2015, or first quarter of 2016. Last I looked, it's the 3rd quarter, and we're behind! :)

Me either but I like all my mods to be working. I'm not a fan of rolling back software usually but I have complete faith in Evolv so if it does damage my mod, I know they would help resolve the issue. The software is marked Early release so we kinda like beta testers. 

I think Mac users are a small percentage and there are work arounds. With the FDA crap, I'm sure they have prioritized what they need to work on and a Mac version of the software isn't high on the list, IMO. And it's still the 2nd quarter (calendar) :P

Ok so the new update is ok but kind of PITA?

You need to go to OPTIONS-USER INTERFACE-MANUFACTURER to access battery settings.
then so far on all three of my mods it has wiped the battery charge and both escribe and mod are now showing the battery as 0%.

you need to reset the WH total otherwise the battery will probably continue to charge?

Here are the differences in each mode compared to the previous versions

Clean: no mod or research tabs and no atty analyser.
Advanced: no research tab and only charge mode and Kanthal power limit on mod tab
Researcher: only charge mode and Kanthal power limit on mod tab
Manufacturer: same as the previous version with the Manufacturer settings on the mod tab expanded

If you hold shift down in Device Manager you can get multiple measuring bars clicking on the plot area.

@Comat yes it has lovely smooth ss regulation like the 75.

VapingBad said:

Here are the differences in each mode compared to the previous versions

Clean: no mod or research tabs and no atty analyser.
Advanced: no research tab and only charge mode and Kanthal power limit on mod tab
Researcher: only charge mode and Kanthal power limit on mod tab
Manufacturer: same as the previous version with the Manufacturer settings on the mod tab expanded

If you hold shift down in Device Manager you can get multiple measuring bars clicking on the plot area.

@Comat yes it has lovely smooth ss regulation like the 75.

yes the 316 profile is superb, running dual 0.5mm coil 0.14ohms @100w and its almost faultless...

......'temperature protection' doesn't flash up to show that its working.....but it is :D

Someone try this. It's a single value change, nothing big. The current sense amp and charger are right next to each other on the VaporShark board, so the code was getting confused by a bit of electrical noise. Easy fix. Let me know if this works for you and if so, I'll put it in a quick update tonight.

EDIT: Need to make one for both variants of the VS board.

retird said:

Noticed this on file properties....

Untitled.png 

That's just a missing file association and will not affect the update process.  They are just a record in the Windows registry that tells it which programs can work with the file if you try to open, run or edit it directly.  It doesn't prevent a program loading.

SteveF said:

yes the 316 profile is superb, running dual 0.5mm coil 0.14ohms @100w and its almost faultless...

......'temperature protection' doesn't flash up to show that its working.....but it is :D

I actually noticed this on the first one we made as soon as I hooked it up and vaped it for initial testing.

I investigated this with James a bit, and the reason is not because it isn't working, it is because it is actually working so well now that it doesn't hit the threshold required to trigger the message in many cases.

This was a very satisfying revelation on our end for what we originally thought could have been a bug. We hope you guys are as satisfied as we are with the results of our work on this.

Nick said:

I actually noticed this on the first one we made as soon as I hooked it up and vaped it for initial testing.

I investigated this with James a bit, and the reason isn't because it isn't working, it is because it is actually working so well now that it doesn't hit the threshold required to trigger the message in many cases.

This was a very satisfying revelation on our end for what we originally thought could have been a bug. We hope you guys are as satisfied as we are with the results of our work on this.

I have come to rely on the TC notification. And have defended it to so, so many that originally see it as a WARNING, and not a notice that your device is working properly and just letting you know you have achieved the temperature you set it to. And then in future updates you allowed the TC message to be turned off, for those that did not care for it. My point being, while I'm certainly happy for a better vape experience, you have also introduced another variable. I can see folks saying, sometimes I get the TC message on screen, sometimes I don't! Personally I think if possible there should be a consistently of the TC message, and that if the user, like me has it set for on screen display, then I expect it to display every time I hit the temp target I set it to, regardless of the current wire material. Does this not seem logical?

Nick said:

I investigated this with James a bit, and the reason isn't because it isn't working, it is because it is actually working so well now that it doesn't hit the threshold required to trigger the message in many cases.

That's exactly what I noticed with the latest update "Early Release" firmware for the DNA200 with SS316.  Smooth temp graph and Temp message sometimes displays but Device Monitor shows almost straight line temp variance at temp...  Heck, I can't see my display while vaping anyway. Very satisfied that the 75 and 200 both work great with SS316...  :thumb:

Note highlighted in blue:

Untitled.png