Let's see your 200's!

jevon said:

All I can say is wow! What a great job! This is my dream mod to make here.  I wish I had the tools to make such quality mods.  Unfortunately unless I pay ridiculous amounts of money to get them made for me, which isn't a option for single units as the price wouldn't make sense. Wish I had a friend in phoenix, AZ that had a cnc machine...

Hey thanks, I appreciate it. I'll definitely post pictures when I'm finished. I wish I had a CNC machine too! This was all done on a well worn manual Bridgeport mill. Started as a 2"x 4" block and took me 6 hours to mill.

[image]

Well in that case I give you even more props. Ya, you did a great job of doing it manually.  I would personally probably be better at doing that way versus trying to do the cad drawing as I have no idea how to do that. So I would do better on that kind of mill most likely.

scoopy said:

[QUOTE=FireBALL]Here is my final version of inspired case (rendered image).  Having it printed by shapeways

finalDNA200.jpg 

What battery do you have in that Does it take lipos or 18650.....It looks like maybe 18650. ..... Love that boxer looking mod.....great job[/QUOTE]

Both, dual 18650 or lipo.  This one has the optional extended back.  Check out:
http://www.shapeways.com/product/GKA4VDEPA/dna200-premium-case?li=more-from-shop&optionId=57595534

scoopy said:

[QUOTE=FireBALL]Here is my final version of inspired case (rendered image).  Having it printed by shapeways

finalDNA200.jpg 

What battery do you have in that Does it take lipos or 18650.....It looks like maybe 18650. ..... Love that boxer looking mod.....great job[/QUOTE]

Cheers!

It can use either LiPo or dual 18650

laadam said:

[QUOTE=scoopy][QUOTE=FireBALL]Here is my final version of inspired case (rendered image).  Having it printed by shapeways

finalDNA200.jpg 

Both, dual 18650 or lipo.  This one has the optional extended back.  Check out:
http://www.shapeways.com/product/GKA4VDEPA/dna200-premium-case?li=more-from-shop&optionId=57595534

[/QUOTE]

yes that's the one

Nice Ratari. .....is that a mitec switch(where can I get one of the mitecs and the vamo buttons) did u have a machine do the cutouts for the buttons and screen or how do u precisely cut them out nice...is that box bigger than a 1590B. ...does that have the lean in it? What exactly did u use for the plexiglass window.....how did u do it....sorry for all the dumb questions but I got a 3d printed box with a max amps 2250 and like it but I like the Hammond box look especially the litt up customs 44 mod..... so in short I'm wanting to take the next step and do a Hammond but I don't have all the cnc machines and what not so didn't know how to do it and look good.....guess the faceplate route would be the best way?

Always_Jonezen said:

finalDNA200.jpg 

I bought 1 of these in all black an earlier version with the thinner walls, should be in the mailbox now.[/QUOTE]

I'll have mine delivered by tomorrow (2nd one) but assembly will have to wait for plaster to be removed from my hand and forearm. Working with a non dominant hand is like meeting a stranger ;)

I present to you my overly excessive box mod:

Snapchat-176834449795829325.jpg  20150813_190737.jpg 

The box contains a 120.99Wh (Max Amps 11.1V 3S 10900mAh) battery. That means that this battery has the capacity of roughly 14 18650s. Believe me, this box is a tank, it's quite large, heavy and awesome. I used the Mamu DNA200 faceplate from shapeways along with a screen holder and buttons. I used XT60 connectors for the battery and atomizer to make sure everything is removable, so that if I wish to, I can build a new enclosure (wood.) if I wish. 14 Gauge wiring for all the internals, except for the 12 Gauge coming off of the battery. I also applied JB Weld to all the solder joints to ensure they don't come off after everything is secured.

Specs:
-Hammond 1590WP1
-Max Amps 10900mAh, 11.1V 3s
-Fat Daddy Vapes V4 connector with the 30mm ring

What do you think? Excessive enough?

Kyle98750 said:

I present to you my overly excessive box mod:

Snapchat-176834449795829325.jpg  20150813_190737.jpg 

The box contains a 120.99Wh (Max Amps 11.1V 3S 10900mAh) battery. That means that this battery has the capacity of roughly 14 18650s. Believe me, this box is a tank, it's quite large, heavy and awesome. I used the Mamu DNA200 faceplate from shapeways along with a screen holder and buttons. I used XT60 connectors for the battery and atomizer to make sure everything is removable, so that if I wish to, I can build a new enclosure (wood.) if I wish. 14 Gauge wiring for all the internals, except for the 12 Gauge coming off of the battery. I also applied JB Weld to all the solder joints to ensure they don't come off after everything is secured.

Specs:
-Hammond 1590WP1
-Max Amps 10900mAh, 11.1V 3s
-Fat Daddy Vapes V4 connector with the 30mm ring

What do you think? Excessive enough?

Nice brick, you shouldn't have to charge that for days.

soulseek said:

mandro once again an awesome looking device, probably the best one. Are the parts for the case (and buttons) off the shelf or did you make them yourself? I was hoping to be able to buy them.

Thank you. I made all the parts myself using a micro mill.

I got a chance to mill out the window for the display using a 3/32" end mill. The screen is registered in place much like the Evolv reference case was. I also decided to wrap the carbon fiber sleeve with leather. It feels nice in the hand, I like the look, and it smells like leather to boot! I'll cut out another carbon sleeve when I get a chance, so i'll be able to change the look if I want.  Also the polished aluminum looks great but scratches way to easy. Still going to get it anodized, maybe silver. Thoughts?

Should have it working sometime this week.

[image] 

[image]

20150816_131745.jpg

20150816_131535.jpg

Tomr1088 said:

Just finished this dual 18650 in a Hammond 1550p with balance leads hard wired

where did you get that gray part that's between the case and the white screen holder?

Laguz75 said:

[QUOTE=Tomr1088]Just finished this dual 18650 in a Hammond 1550p with balance leads hard wired

where did you get that gray part that's between the case and the white screen holder?[/QUOTE]

It looks like a mamu faceplate on the inside. the faceplate comes with the screen holder as well.