Let's see your 200's!

Laguz75 said:

[QUOTE=Tomr1088]Just finished this dual 18650 in a Hammond 1550p with balance leads hard wired

where did you get that gray part that's between the case and the white screen holder?[/QUOTE] Indeed it's a shaved down and trimmed mamu faceplate and it looks gray cause I spray painted the face black so u can't tell from the outside that it's there

jevon said:

I got a chance to mill out the window for the display using a 3/32" end mill. The screen is registered in place much like the Evolv reference case was. I also decided to wrap the carbon fiber sleeve with leather. It feels nice in the hand, I like the look, and it smells like leather to boot! I'll cut out another carbon sleeve when I get a chance, so i'll be able to change the look if I want.  Also the polished aluminum looks great but scratches way to easy. Still going to get it anodized, maybe silver. Thoughts?

Should have it working sometime this week.

[image] 

[image]

I think it looks great! The leather adds a different appeal you don't normally see in mods...and who doesn't love the smell of leather?,

mandro's aluminum one is sick, really like the leather wrapped on aluminum too. mine is the wood one. I'm using 3 600mah cells, it charges pretty quick, under 2 hours, haven't really timed it to know exactly but it's not bad really. the 600mah is a bit light, I'd say I get about as much battery life as I would get on an older 18650, back when 1,600-1,800 was the best you would get out of high drain cells, not as good as a current good single 18650 like a sammy 25r, but really not so bad considering how tiny they are. this 600mah T pack is the key to how I got this thing so tiny though...

Here is my DNA200 Alpha Build, I have lots of plans for a more refined case. This one was quick, and easy to make. The case is made from bent aluminum bar stock and Lexan panels on the side. I gave up trying to carve out all the holes for the screen and everything with a dremel, so I just 3D printed a sled and glued it into the case. Got to print some smaller up and down buttons, as the ones that printed with the sled were too large to fit. 

The battery is a Turnigy 5000mah, a bit excessive but I get several days solid vaping at 100+ watts with my usual .2 ohm builds. I plan on installing an XT60 connector between the battery and board, just did not have any at the time. 

My next DNA200 build is totally going to be something a bit more pocketable. The battery is way to big to carry around everywhere, but I am loving this DNA200 chip!

Thanks to everyone here on this forum, it is a fantastic resource!

IMG_20150818_204500.jpg 

Hi Podunk Steam.
My one is the aluminium one (I wish the wooden one was mine too lol). It's got a 3s 1000 mah nano tech battery. I haven't run it down completely but it should take 3 hrs to fully charge it from empty, charging at 1amp.

I'm using 3 600mah cells, it charges pretty quick, under 2 hours, haven't really timed it to know exactly but it's not bad really. the 600mah is a bit light, I'd say I get about as much battery life as I would get on an older 18650, back when 1,600-1,800 was the best you would get out of high drain cells, not as good as a current good single 18650 like a sammy 25r, but really not so bad considering how tiny they are. this 600mah T pack is the key to how I got this thing so tiny though...

Very much appreciated, thank you!
I recently got ahold of an Istick 40TC and charging's making me crazy is where my question was based from. It's been long enough since I used eGos I'd forgotten one of my own prerequisites. The power delivery I very much enjoy but the charging has me sending it off to my partner, not before I get measurements off it for a little tweaking though. :D

Wibberly said:

I wanted to see how small I could make my enclosure. The battery connection and wire gauge is not ideal but I'm unlikely to run it at full pelt.

Nice looking box, curious what you used to color the screen cyan like that though. Mine is all white.

jevon said:

I got a chance to mill out the window for the display using a 3/32" end mill. The screen is registered in place much like the Evolv reference case was. I also decided to wrap the carbon fiber sleeve with leather. It feels nice in the hand, I like the look, and it smells like leather to boot! I'll cut out another carbon sleeve when I get a chance, so i'll be able to change the look if I want.  Also the polished aluminum looks great but scratches way to easy. Still going to get it anodized, maybe silver. Thoughts?

Should have it working sometime this week.

[image] 

[image]

Would putting a sealant like some I do with 3D printing like polyurethane spray, basically a clear protective coating or clearcoat of some kind work? That way u dont get scratches. Also depending on how u want it to look can get matte, semi gloss, or gloss. I usually do matte because i like it to look more like natural material than a fake shine on top. And at least i have read that polyurethane works on metal but I havent tried it but if it sticks to plastic it should work on metal just fine. http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-7870830-Polyurethane-Spray-11-25-Ounce/dp/B000PB3KV0

Meet the Infected DNA200 Made my Me Tommy D at Ohm My Gawd Modz. I make these as a 1 of 1 collection piece. I want to put out one of a kind pieces not the cookie cutter box like most others. I airbrush and hand paint all of my boxes I make. They come with custom screens as well. I figured I would share with you guys and show off my spin on the DNA200. I am looking to get some stab wood enclosures next to do some limited runs. If you have someto offer up let me know.

TOMMYD.png

LOCKED.png

zz.jpg

z.jpg

w.jpg

v.jpg

u.jpg

t.jpg

r.jpg

s.jpg

q.jpg

p.jpg

o.jpg

n.jpg

m.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

j.jpg

i.jpg

h.jpg

g.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

That is a Alpinetech G+ box and mine the silver one is a alpinetech G. That is also a Mamu face plate. I am looking at doing more on a limited edition one of a kind. They cost me about a pretty penny for just parts. That one sold for 240.00 with warranty. Thanks. I try to make them different than every other cookie cutter design out there. I am adding billet buttons and stainless buttons as options as well as larger batteries.

Got mine done on saturday. This thing has completely blowm my mind on temp control. It's build in a Modcrate 1590G TallBoy using Mamu's Dna200 Faceplate from shapeways. I ended up using an Eflite 1300 mah battery pack because I accidentally shorted my my turnigy 950.