Let's see your 200's!

well it's not finished, but it's alive and vaping, and I'm loving this chip. it's much better temp control than the dna40's I think... the dna40's would hard throttle the power in and out when the power level was set way above the power level required, there have been many times I've felt it hunting up and down but this dna200 does it seamlessly. even if I just leave the mod pinned at 200watts it vapes wonderful with no perceived throttling, just a perfect even smooth vape. I've had my 4 dna200 chips for weeks now but this is the first time I was able to actually vape one of these :)

part of me wanted to just throw it in a box and vape it, but this thing took a lot of hours of tinkering to get it as small as possible. it's a bottom feeder and the battery is on mini deans and a pair of jst's. I built it to be modular, so I can use a slim battery for day to day use but have the option of putting a fatter battery for extended vape times. the main body of the mod is 43mm wide X 86mm tall and 24mm thick. the battery door adds to the thickness, 7mm for the 3s 600 T pack or 17mm for the  full sized 1,000 pack. I haven't finished either door setup yet and I haven't been able to finish a T cell pack because I damaged the solder tabs on a few of the cells and I'm waiting for new ones. right now I'm running it with the 3s 1,000 pack held on with tape :) it's a little fat but still fits nice in the hand even with the big battery. with the T cell pack it's pretty tiny, smaller than my dna40 squonkers :)

the main body is carved from a block of african blackwood, the inner cradle is machined from a block of aluminum. the main input power wire is 16ga silver coated becu and the atty wiring is 12ga silicone wire. the bottle is a standard 6ml reo bottle.

I kept trying to keep it small and compact as I built it, but now that it's almost done and vaping I surprised myself with how small it winded up being.

here's a bunch of pics some showing size next to other mods and some showing the inner construction and how this thing fits together :)

here's the 600 cells that make the T pack. one fits down between the chip and the bottle, the rear door extension is only 7mm for this pack

here's a few pics of the internal construction and wiring

the rear door mounting frame is made from titanium sheet because it's so thin and tiny but needs to be strong, the rear doors will be matching african blackwood. still figuring out exactly how I'm going to work out the door mounting but ideally I want a secure but easy to remove door with no visible hardware  

that's it, this lil squonk box is kicking ass right now and I only broke one screen in the whole process :)

thanks guys. steamer I just got this thing working yesterday so haven't ran through a whole battery yet, but with the 3s 600 it should give a bit more life than the old aw 1,600 high drain 18650's we used a little over a year ago, with the 1,000 pack it should be well above even todays best single 18650 in battery life. I'm building another one from desert ironwood as a dual 18650, that one should really have killer battery life but will be slightly larger than this one

laguz, thanks very much for those thoughts, I do appreciate it, but even the smallest at 5mm is still way too big to work for me, plus I'm going to have at least 2 different sized swappable doors so they need to quick release fully from the mod, not just fixed hinges

Here is my first effort, cobbled together with odds and sods I found on my desk. I cut down the box and made a new base/end cover to close it from a bamboo place mat. The board is held in place with some picture hanging pins and I used evod coil tops, trimmed to make spacers. The buttons are positive pins from some used BDC coils. Not pretty but it works.

image.jpg

I'm very interested in buying a squonker dna 200....It could be even as big as my 3d printed box with a max amps 2250.....If anyone would be interested in making me one for a decent price or knows of a 3d printed squonker case for this chip PLEASE Let Me know.Ive never tried squonking but have been dying to try it and have a bottom fed pin for several of my drippers.... any info or offers would be greatly appreciated(mod is one of the slutlabs 3d printed boxes off of shapeways and a Maxamps 2250mah 3s lipo and Varitube 510)as u can see it isn't THAT big compared to a IPV3 LI....sorry for the bad quality pics....I just did a few real quick snaps in bad lighting for this message

20150810_235233_Division_St.jpg

20150810_234355_Division_St.jpg

20150810_233856_Clayton_St.jpg

letsavit said:

Turbocad?....Such a beautiful mod, great design and spatial coordination. Turbo...."CAD"... Are you a designer, CAD draughtsman? Hence above....

ha, no I'm basically a mechanic. I've had this user name forever. originally comes from a car I built a long time ago, an 83 cadillac fleetwood coupe with a turbocharged grandnational v6 engine, = turbocad6 :) just stuck with me from car forums on up to ecig forums :)

I've finally narrowed down the plan to a Blender hack of the Beta Box print for a dual 18650. This was a request from a customer. Edit: (That didn't sound good! xD) A learning experience for sure with this one anyway!
[Screenshot%20from%202015-08-11%20154921_zpskmg5r93w]  If I get it right this should be the way it will work when finished.
[com-video-to-gif_zpsrqko2uqu] 
Anybody with any spare finger that wouldn't mind crossing them, it would be appreciated! ;)

STL to DAE really goofs with the size, buttons still have to be scaled and attached along with a few other parts but it's getting there.  Edit: Almost finished tonight but I started dotting my Ts and crossing my eyes so it's better left to wait.
[Screenshot%20from%202015-08-11%20234221_zpsia0cktgy] 

Here's my "not quite done, but can't help and post" dna200. I still need to mill out the window for the display and turn some buttons on the lathe. Made of aluminum and real carbon fiber. Once done I'm getting the aluminum hard coat anodized.

Jevon

[image] 
[image] 

[image]

unnamed.jpg

unnamed2.jpg

FIRST_RENDER.jpg

jevon said:

Here's my "not quite done, but can't help and post" dna200. I still need to mill out the window for the display and turn some buttons on the lathe. Made of aluminum and real carbon fiber. Once done I'm getting the aluminum hard coat anodized.

Jevon

[image] 
[image] 

[image]

All I can say is wow! What a great job! This is my dream mod to make here.  I wish I had the tools to make such quality mods.  Unfortunately unless I pay ridiculous amounts of money to get them made for me, which isn't a option for single units as the price wouldn't make sense. Wish I had a friend in phoenix, AZ that had a cnc machine, etc.  I did look into making my own cnc machine but even then the costs are too high to make sense for my personal modding.  Love the carbon fiber cover!  I cannot wait to see finished project!  Please post more pics as you go along and when finished! Loving it so far! Very professional and if you wanted to you could charge more than $200 as it's way better than a vapor shark or hana or any of those mass produced boxes imo.  This impressed me the most thus far and I hope it comes out great.  I only make my own mods and I don't buy premade one's unless it's so nice I cannot help but buy it and even then only once did I buy a $200 mod.

adski said:

Nearly finished this one.
2s 18650's just gotta glue the magnets and couple of other little bits.
Modmaker case, its a squeeze butt it fits!100mmx50mmx24mm
FullSizeRender.jpg  FullSizeRender_(1).jpg  FullSizeRender_(2).jpg 

That's klapton tape?  It looks good. I usually put a .03 clear piece of plexi type stuff I got from RC shop. It is the thinnest stuff I could find, most is way to thick but it protects the screen. Only problem is with the mamu faceplate I have I didn't put it in as I didn't think it would work.

All I can say is wow! What a great job! This is my dream mod to make here.  I wish I had the tools to make such quality mods.  Unfortunately unless I pay ridiculous amounts of money to get them made for me, which isn't a option for single units as the price wouldn't make sense. Wish I had a friend in phoenix, AZ that had a cnc machine...

Hey thanks, I appreciate it. I'll definitely post pictures when I'm finished. I wish I had a CNC machine too! This was all done on a well worn manual Bridgeport mill. Started as a 2"x 4" block and took me 6 hours to mill.

[image]

unnamed3.jpg