Let's see your 200's!

I haven't looked into mitec switches but there is a minimum of 10mm space between the battery and the board. The main fire switch would need to go in front of the board because there isn't any space above or below.[/QUOTE] Any way you could make an enclosure for me? I have a chip and a battery. I'll pay for it.

FireBALL said:

My take on a mod, as you can see it's a BOXER inspired design.  It's off to Shapeways, let's see how good it turns out

dna200.jpg

Good taste on clr combo... The orange seemed to easily get visually soiled and basically it's impossible to clean, so I swapped em out for the black buttons... But it did look pretty sick, and I did take crappy photo before I swapped them out...

image.jpg

Always_Jonezen said:
Is that a Hammond 1590a? Man that is a tight fit. NICE WORK LOOKS GOOD. I'm fixing to start working on my 7th DNA200 and it will be in a 1590a I hope mine turns out that nice [/QUOTE]

The top of the case does not fit, yet.   I'm going to mill out the edges tomorrow at work and hopefully it does after.  Also the 510 pushs against the lipo so I'm going to have to figure something out for that factor.    However if you need small this is legitly the tightest fit you are going to get.   The tact buttons make it so that the board fits flush and the Lipo holds it all in place.   If I were to do it over again I would make certain that the lipo doesnt get in the way of the 510 however I, again, am going to try and do something about that tomorrow...Good luck and be careful.

Brandon said:

The audible clicks would drive me nuts. 

The clicks makes me feel more manly.    I also took apart the original buttons and retrofitted the tact buttons to make them non audible clicks but that's a whole nother' story.

Wick said:

Shapeways DNA200 Reference Case printed in blk. Just playing with plastic!!

Just curious if you put a clear coat or anything on that print. Just from personal experience in the past I had my first shapeways printed mod in the dyed variety and I didn't put any coating on it. Eventually it started to show and I now put a matte clear coat on all my prints before assembly and they seem to hold up better for longer.

xevape said:

[QUOTE=Brandon]The audible clicks would drive me nuts. 

The clicks makes me feel more manly.    I also took apart the original buttons and retrofitted the tact buttons to make them non audible clicks but that's a whole nother' story.[/QUOTE]

Ya it looks like you kinda took the bottom of the original button and put the top of the KSJ buttons on.

alee132 said:

[QUOTE=Wick]Shapeways DNA200 Reference Case printed in blk. Just playing with plastic!!

Just curious if you put a clear coat or anything on that print. Just from personal experience in the past I had my first shapeways printed mod in the dyed variety and I didn't put any coating on it. Eventually it started to show and I now put a matte clear coat on all my prints before assembly and they seem to hold up better for longer.[/QUOTE] No, but that is a great call.

VapingBad said:

I don't think the KSJ switches buy you any more room the limiting factor to how close to the case you can get the board is the USB socket and the outside face and on 1.6 mm thick case like a Hammond 1590A that leaves plenty of room for the on-board switches.
[20150719_003721_Copy] 
1590A with 950 mAh

100%... Unless it's the audible loud click your after, you can achieve the exact same look of the KSJ Series switches with machined ball nose actuators, allowing you an array of materials and finishes on them. It's been a while since I've looked at those switches but I'm confident in recalling that they did not compare mechanical cycle life wise to the last switches on Evolv's 40s (KSE Series), KSEs are rated for at least three fold the actuation cycles in comparable actuation forces. I would have to assume the new switches on the DNA200 to be rated similar or better than the KSEs of previous boards. Wick

alee132 said:

[QUOTE=xevape][QUOTE=Brandon]The audible clicks would drive me nuts. 

The clicks makes me feel more manly.    I also took apart the original buttons and retrofitted the tact buttons to make them non audible clicks but that's a whole nother' story.[/QUOTE]

Ya it looks like you kinda took the bottom of the original button and put the top of the KSJ buttons on.[/QUOTE]

Nope these are soldered directly to the pcb

https://instagram.com/p/5xDeB4AWCs/?taken-by=xevape

xevape said:

[QUOTE=alee132][QUOTE=xevape][QUOTE=Brandon]The audible clicks would drive me nuts. 

Ya it looks like you kinda took the bottom of the original button and put the top of the KSJ buttons on.[/QUOTE]

Nope these are soldered directly to the pcb

https://instagram.com/p/5xDeB4AWCs/?taken-by=xevape[/QUOTE]

Looks good