Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

23 hours ago, James said:

I've just posted up EScribe Suite 2.0 SP9. It contains minor fixes for DNA 250, and for DNA 60 international customers only, it supports Boost. Feedback is welcome. :)

@Austin Green: DNA 60 is more niche so we are testing it there first.

Thanks James. Looking forward for DNA75 Boost support. I understand testing it on a less popular platform.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2017 at 9:55 PM, James said:

I've just posted up EScribe Suite 2.0 SP9. It contains minor fixes for DNA 250, and for DNA 60 international customers only, it supports Boost. Feedback is welcome. :)

@Austin Green: DNA 60 is more niche so we are testing it there first.

Would you have a rough ETA as to when it will be implemented on the DNA250 also please James ?

Hi chrismel,

That definitly looks like your screencable is lodged under the firebutton. Replacing the screen and tidiying up the cable will probably solve your problem.

I had the same issue with my smy sdna 75. It was quickly resolved with a new screen from evolv for $18 shipped, which arrived here(the netherlands) in 4 days from the us after ordering.

Replacing the screen took maybe 15 min. Including the adding of padding between button and cable, so the sreencable doesnt get cinched.

Greetz stephan

Ps. Open up the mod first to check the cable is actually inserted on the board correctly before ordering.

Edited by steefmobiel5
  • Like 1

A quicker, easier way would be;

1. Go to "About" Escribe. Click the juice droplet (middle of the logo) 7 times till it flashes.
  2. Fire up "Device Monitor"
  3. Way down on the left you'll see "Screen disconnects". That value should be zero 0.

Welcome Stephan :hand_splayed: 

The rubberized casing on my Black SDNA75 is still mint.

Hi Guys,

Im the new happy owner of Therion 75C, today I just pluged it to the computer, downloaded escribe v.2.0sp8. The software asked me do I want update firmware to version 27 (25 pre-installed on MOD). I have one question about battery, because in the tab Mod>Battery the default option is Lithium Ion 18650 (cell soft cutoff at 2.75), is it correct ? Or should I change it to Lithium Polymer ? Also the battery are parallel in this mod, is there any option that I could see thru software what is the status of each of them ?

And also, boost in wattage mode, what is it doing by 1=1W, what kind of ramp-up is it?

Edited by akiraone

27 minutes ago, akiraone said:

Hi Guys,

I have one question about battery, because in the tab Mod>Battery the default option is Lithium Ion 18650 (cell soft cutoff at 2.75), is it correct

Yes

28 minutes ago, akiraone said:

should I change it to Lithium Polymer

No

29 minutes ago, akiraone said:

Also the battery are parallel in this mod, is there any option that I could see thru software what is the status of each of them ?

No, in a parallel configuration the board sees them as one cell

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got an older dna250 board that refuses to skip the production charging test, and also refuses to pull more than .7a from the computer's USB port, so it never passes. Original programming date sept 2016, while my other 2017 boards skip the charging test fine.

Also as part of testing I put in SP9, which causes dna250s to bump to 1.100+v bandgap and fail production. Reverts to 1.02ish when i revert to SP5.

Edited by protovapor