Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

EScribe 1.2 SP5.2

Click Evolv DNA75 Color

Error

Cytat

Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger

An unhandled Microsoft .Net Framework exception occurred in EScribe.exe [5592]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed whith the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugger enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Check the dokumentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.

@James Boost works well using the MacOS version. This was not the cleanest install for me (1st time ever). I have only tested with SS .5 ohm coil from 20-60 watts @ 5 and 11 just to get a feel, without pushing any boundaries to find where the constraints are. 

I take it "... can be configured on-device" strictly means as a profile setting in escribe, and not changeable on mod itself.

Edited by Wayneo
DNA250 3S

System 10.13.3, all the latest updates. Install completed fine. Then mouse semi froze. ~5 second delay. Tried to open 'Activity Monitor' to diagnose what was taking CPU, and it couldn't even paint the application icons. Finally rebooted itself. Escribe ran fine and loaded SP6. Wake up this morning, fire up Esribe, and device appears in Main window, but getting error. 1 more reboot initiated by me and working so far.

Mod res - Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. How low will it go?

Device version.PNG

Edited by Wayneo
Do my screenshots appear abnormally large?

33 minutes ago, Jadegrsx said:

I downloaded sp12 with the boost for my therion166, set the boost all the way up, and I still notice no difference? Just running the tfv12 huge ass coils 

Use the device monitor to see what the output is doing when firing. With a 166 it may your batteries or the output voltage that is limiting you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

i've noticed some charging instability on my vaporshark DNA 250 (international i think, since I'm not from US).
I'm not sure if this is related to firmware issues or it's battery age issue, but the last thing I did before having this issue was updating escribe from EScribe Suite 2.0 SP5.1 to EScribe Suite 2.0 SP12 to try out the new Boost feature.

well, here's the deal :
Whenever i charge the mod using 2A fast charging capable power source and cables i get frequent disconnection while charging.
for example, i plugged in the cables to the mod, then i read the system stepping up the amps level from 0 to 2,00 A (random numbers), in less than 10 seconds the mod ALWAYS seems to drop to a state like no charger is connected to it, and after 3 seconds or so it ramps up again from 0 to 2,00 A again, and the loop begins..

i have no disconnection issues while using 1A chargers OR using 2.0 cables plugged in to 1A power sources but it sure is dam slow :) 
should i be worried? should i ignore the disconnection and keep on fast charging this way? should i downgrade the firmware and try again?

any recommendations appreciated.

thanks

edit : forgot to mention that i've tried using different 2A Chargers/Laptop USB Ports and cables (data transfer capable or not), but it's all the same..
as long as i charge it under 2A it's all gold.

edit 2 : i've uploaded the device monitor view while charging with 2A cables on 1A usb port, is it normal having down spikes like that?

spikes.png

Edited by Twiq

Early Release versions may have some bugs or some tweaking may be necessary...  I've not heard of any board or charging failures from this yet.  I recall reading that essentially Evolv added  a protection where if the USB current or voltage changes dramatically in a frame it'll drop charging and re-orient itself.  

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, retird said:

Early Release versions may have some bugs or some tweaking may be necessary...  I've not heard of any board or charging failures from this yet.  I recall reading that essentially Evolv added  a protection where if the USB current or voltage changes dramatically in a frame it'll drop charging and re-orient itself.  

thanks for the heads up,
so whenever the current changes drastically within a period might trigger the chip to cut off the charge and reorient itself.
i do have to mention that my favorite fast charger adapter randomly ramps up/down rapidly reading at 1.94 to 2.00A before disconnection happens..
but i can confirm that the behavior happens when i'm using previous firmware without disconnecting.. 
well, i'll try changing the adapter and see what happens..

btw, have you seen my graph above? is it normal to have some spikes like that while charging? or is it the balancer taking control which cells needs to be charged?

thanks again

Twig,

Did you apply the new firmware update when you moved up to  EScribe Suite 2.0 SP12  ?

The new firmware is supposed to fix the problem you are having.

If  you have the new 250 firmware and it is doing what you  show in the screen capture I would suggest contacting Evolv's support guy and telling him your problem.

George

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HolmanGT said:

Twig,

Did you apply the new firmware update when you moved up to  EScribe Suite 2.0 SP12  ?

The new firmware is supposed to fix the problem you are having.

If  you have the new 250 firmware and it is doing what you  show in the screen capture I would suggest contacting Evolv's support guy and telling him your problem.

George

yes, i did applied the SP6 for DNA 250, as you could see in my uploaded pic (bottom right)..  it sez Version 1.2 SP6 INT

i think i will contact them for support tomorrow since i left my laptop at the office

thanks george.. for now i'll just charge em with 1A to avoid damaging my device

Twiq,

I haven't heard of any damage from this problem but charging at 1 amp sounds like a good idea.

Well maybe you'll get lucky and James will catch your post and reply here on-line. He is pretty good at picking up  problem post, but considering this is Monday he probably walks into a fair backlog .

Hang in and I'm sure they will fix you up.

PS - Sorry I didn't pick up the firmware update in your screen-shot.

George

• Like 1