510 99.9 pure copper Mod resistance tools

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bob,  Got my unit today.  Did the test and my hCigar VT200 Mod Resistance is:  0.004  It is what I had guessed at, but now I know for sure.  It worked perfectly with no fluctuation at all.

Thanks again Bob.  Oh, your shipper correct my address so it was correct on the shipping label.  Go figure :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks VegaBob, got the device and worked perfectly.
Lavabox is at 0.003 and set to 80%(0.0024)
Seems to be working much better.

Running at 420F at 27W and getting a much smoother vape.
Single 32G Nickle at .16ohm spaced coil on a Velocity
Preheat 80w
Punch 11
Time .5s

• 1 month later...

I bought one of these from SmokeFreeMods and it works great. I have 6 DNA 200 devices and the listed case/device resistance on all but one of them was off by as much as 0.004 ohms. I have 2 VS DNA 200's and oddly enough, even though they should be identical for case/device resistance....they weren't. By the time you add up the losses presented by all the various solder connections, friction connections, various different lengths/type of wire, the ground and the 510 itself....these things WILL be different from box to box. It pays to double check what the manufacturer 'says' the case/device resistance is. I seriously doubt that they check each one individually. 20160323_202639.jpg 

• 3 weeks later...

Just received my tool today! Put it on my Lavabox and Snugged down it reads .004 which I have had the mod set at. By Default the Ohms Lock Range box is set at 25%.
Should I leave it there? If I put 0 in it will automatically change to 5.08%

I'm running 1.0.42 Version of EScribe btw

Thank You, this Tool is AWESOME!!

• 4 months later...
dylang919 said:

I bought this tool and it only worked on my Lavabox. I have 12 DNA 200's and tested it on 6 of them and it worked in 1. Would there be a reason for this happening? It's not reading the plug at all, just shows a question mark. I don't understand why.

It is probably hitting the high current protection, that would mean a resistance of 0.002 or less or your mode resistance was already set.  It is important to zero the mod res before measuring and you could try a hard reboot of the device after zeroing and before testing.

dylang919 said:

I bought this tool and it only worked on my Lavabox. I have 12 DNA 200's and tested it on 6 of them and it worked in 1. Would there be a reason for this happening? It's not reading the plug at all, just shows a question mark. I don't understand why.

I had that issue on a few of my mods until I tightened it even more then I was comfortable with. When it was further down I got a reading.

VapingBad said:

It is probably hitting the high current protection, that would mean a resistance of 0.002 or less or your mode resistance was already set.  It is important to zero the mod res before measuring and you could try a hard reboot of the device after zeroing and before testing.

I just got home from work so I'm going to give what you said a shot. Thank You. I will post back later to follow up.

dylang919 said:

I just got home from work so I'm going to give what you said a shot. Thank You. I will post back later to follow up.

They may still read ?, then if you also try what mactavish suggested and they still do them 95% sure it just means they have very low (<= 0.002 ohm) res, which is good.  If so you should see the res reading going down past 0.003 as you screw the tool in.

• 2 months later...