Let's see your 200's!

VapingBad said:

[QUOTE=Always_Jonezen]Here is my first try Hammond 1590g, I messed up on the Usb hole. I will be making some more, I have 5 more boards coming tomorrow hopefully.

Well done, but it looks like you have the thin & thick wires in the wrong places, the thickest is normally for the output not the battery.[/QUOTE] Thank you, the battery came with 14ga and I used what I had which was 20ga. I'm working on 5 more this week and I will take your advice.

asg said:

I posted this over on ecf in the dna200 thread, but figured it belonged here as well:

Finished this mod a few days ago, just got around to taking a few pictures. Meet the lego200:

lego200_1.jpg
lego200_2.jpg
lego200_3.jpg 
lego200_4.jpg 
lego200_5.jpg 
lego200_6.jpg

Wiring inside is 12 gauge to the 510, 16 to the battery. The extra XT60 in there is between the dna200 and the 510, since I wanted things to be modular (this being lego and all). The 510 is from fasttech, basically a varitube clone. Battery is a Turnigy nano-tech 1000mah 3S 25~50C. Everything else is lego including the button actuators, chip holder, screen mount. No glue, only a small bit of double sided tape to hold the screen. The only cut into the lego was for the 510 (a hole for the threads, and a recess for the top plate.

The style plates attach onto the side. So far I've made the two seen in the pictures, but I will likely make a few more. And I need to find some mounts in black. The grey ones stand out when the plates are off (they are completely hidden when they are on though).

Been using it at about 50W mostly, 410F - 430F, preheat set to 200W 1sec. Vaping great. Now I just need to keep myself from ordering more dna200's.

The Lego build is RAD!!!!

Here is my first print design that has been shared on ECF.  It is designed to work with the Hyperion G6 900mAh.  With 3mm-4mm walls it is very solid and nice to hold.  I will be switching out the flat buttons for rounded ones on Monday.  I haven't finished the build yet, so here is a pic of it powered up via USB next to an SX Mini S-Class.

[20150724_023241] 

Here it is next to a Roku remote before I fit the board and screen:

[20150723_200801] 

Always_Jonezen said:

I used what I had which was 20ga. I'm working on 5 more this week and I will take your advice.

I had to use 20ga for the atomizer as well for now as I am waiting on additional wire (literally on a slow boat from China).  To deal with that I set the pre-heat wattage to 80.  I will open it up once I solder in the correct wire, though with a 1 second punch, theoretically I could go more, but there is no reason to push it.

blueridgedog said:

[QUOTE=Always_Jonezen]I used what I had which was 20ga. I'm working on 5 more this week and I will take your advice.

I had to use 20ga for the atomizer as well for now as I am waiting on additional wire (literally on a slow boat from China).  To deal with that I set the pre-heat wattage to 80.  I will open it up once I solder in the correct wire, though with a 1 second punch, theoretically I could go more, but there is no reason to push it.[/QUOTE] I have the cover off and chain vaped at 500° 200watts and the wire seems to be fine but I will change it out also on Tuesday when my wire comes in.

RickAdair said:

My 2nd box. Nothing special.

How's the Velocity with temp control builds and this DNA200? Is it one of your favorites?

I'm getting ready to get an RDA or two that will be used mostly for NI200 and Titanium Gr. 1, and I'm trying to decide which ones, leaning towards the Velocity, Dot Mod Petri, and derringer. But I haven't decided which one I'll get for sure and which one I'd place second in case I can manage to buy a second one.

It's a nice looking box by the way, and its yours, and I think anyone having a DNA 200, and especially have 2 of them, is special :)

Vape_Like_A_Boss said:

[QUOTE=RickAdair]My 2nd box. Nothing special.

How's the Velocity with temp control builds and this DNA200? Is it one of your favorites?

I'm getting ready to get an RDA or two that will be used mostly for NI200 and Titanium Gr. 1, and I'm trying to decide which ones, leaning towards the Velocity, Dot Mod Petri, and derringer. But I haven't decided which one I'll get for sure and which one I'd place second in case I can manage to buy a second one.

It's a nice looking box by the way, and its yours, and I think anyone having a DNA 200, and especially have 2 of them, is special :)[/QUOTE] Thanks! I love the velocity. It has been my go to RDA. Running quad Ti in it right now. The derringer is good for temp control also. It's my number 2 right now.

monster92 said:

Is it possible mandro to have a mitec switch and tactile buttons in an enclosure that small?

I haven't looked into mitec switches but there is a minimum of 10mm space between the battery and the board. The main fire switch would need to go in front of the board because there isn't any space above or below.