Let's see your 200's!

That is a nice job there Mandro, one of the things I love about the DNA40 is being able to use the steel tank on Origennies, I like them at 390-400F, 32 W, 3 mm rope, 7 wraps of twisted 34 AWG sleeper coils (1 piece of wire doing both wicks) looking forward to trying ribbon Ni with the 200.

Thanks Guys. VapingBad, I've not tried rope or mesh with TC yet, TBH, I've not really used TC at all but I think that will change now that I've got a DNA200. I still prefer glass tanks though, just so I don't empty the tank without realising.

I vape my Origennies dry all the time in temp mode, I actually prefer it to topping up now as you get a whole tank of fresh liquid.  All that happens at the bottom of the tank is you get less vapour and the flavour goes off a little if the wick needs a clean, I just put the whole atty in an ultrasonic with just water about every 2 weeks for tobacco flavour and every month for flavourless liquid. 

Pic of how dry I vape them
[Dry_Genny2_Copy] 

blueridgedog said:

[QUOTE=adski]Try that again..
http://imgur.com/09QXypi

This is a test enclosure I posted.  I have since lowered the window to make management of the ribbon easier, but you still have to sand the buttons due to variations in printing...they need to fit tight so there is no deflection.

Can you tell me how the snap enclosure on the back worked?[/QUOTE] Thanks for the design. The back panel did not come out too good but I put that down to the cheapo printer. It was too wide by 5mm and a hair too long. I just dremelled it down a bit and it wedges in there. The screen did need lowering as I had to bend it back on itself twice to line it up without encroaching on the fire button.

image.jpg

image.jpg

VapingBad said:

I vape my Origennies dry all the time in temp mode, I actually prefer it to topping up now as you get a whole tank of fresh liquid.  All that happens at the bottom of the tank is you get less vapour and the flavour goes off a little if the wick needs a clean, I just put the whole atty in an ultrasonic with just water about every 2 weeks for tobacco flavour and every month for flavourless liquid. 

Pic of how dry I vape them
[Dry_Genny2_Copy] 

Thanks VapingBad, this post inspired me to try my first TC build on a genisis atty. I built my rocket atty with nickel, it was a lot easier than I expected, and it's vaping fantastically. I'm only vaping at 14watts but with the DNA200 it's got such a punch.

This is my new baby, and I'm absolutely loving it. The pictures aren't nearly the quality the device deserves but I couldn't wait any longer to share it. I'm so impressed with the device and the chip, it's already so impressive how well developed the chip, firmware, and escribe software is.

http://imgur.com/a/j9J6Q IMAG1254.jpg 

Here is mine. I think I might redo it as I did it too fast and made some minor overcuts for the faceplate hole, they are hard to see here because I filled in where it happened with black marker.  I have another box I got just in case that happened.  But now that I got this one together I can make it perfect the second time around.  It was really hard to fit in the case and instead of taking off some of the inside of the plastic on the faceplate I took more out of the case which was a mistake.  I am loving the dna200 though.  It far surpasses my expectations after the dna 40. It seems to be more accurate. I also have 2 battery's. Turnigy 3s 950mah nano tech's.  I use a lipo charger most of the time and just swap battery's as it's faster that way and I do it in a lipo charging bag. I also cycled them several times each by charging/discharging with the lipo charger. I have tried the usb charger which does a great job but the 1amp is just slow. Although you will get more cycles out of the battery's that way I believe.  The battery's are only like $10 or so for these ones. I am also thinking about getting a second one eventually and using a 1590g/3D printed lid or faceplate and a maxamps 1850 3s battery. They seem to be best size I could find for the mah that will fit in the 1590g.  Although maxamps are not cheap but can't beat em, most others are only 1300/1400 that will fit in the 1590g. Picture_1.jpg