Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Hello,
I have just updated the firmware to 1_2_SP3.sw-service. on 5 DNA Mods. I have an Issue with one of them.

I can not get my battery meter back on the HCigar VT133, this is strange as I have 2 VT133's and one has it and the other doesn't.

Psyclone Evo - No Problem
Triade - No Problem
Reuleaux - No Problem
VT133 - No Problem - Board Programmed 25 March 2016 02:22am
VT133 - ** No Battery Meter - Board programmed 24 Feb 2016 03:44am**

I have rolled back the firmware to version 2016-02-23 and tried 2016-02-10 with the same results, still no battery meter after soft reboot.
All my mods are set up exactly the same with the same wire profiles, profile screens etc.
I have also "reset to default" and re-loaded my saved profile for the VT133 and still no battery meter.
I have tried soft and hard reboot multiple times and still no luck.
The mod still works and SS is much much better now on all of them so thanks for that. BUT........I'd like my battery meter back on my VT133 please :-) 

Thanks in advance for advice.

dwcraig1 said:

Have you tried removing the batteries for a moment? Did any battery settings get changed in the process?

Yeah I did remove the batteries for 5 mins or so. The old turn it off and turn it back off again trick was my last resort. 

No battery settings were changed in the process.

dwcraig1 said:

I upload settings to get mine back after upgrading the firmware, have you tried that?
Well I went back and read your 1st post again, I guess you did that already.

Yep after reading back through some recent posts regarding this firmware I tried soft and hard reboot and upload settings to device to no avail. 

So I did a little snooping around in EScribe, the only setting that I could find that would cause my battery icon to be empty on my vt133 was if I changed it from 2 cell to 3 cell. I guess you looked at this already but it's the only thing I found that effects the icon that way.

dwcraig1 said:

So I did a little snooping around in EScribe, the only setting that I could find that would cause my battery icon to be empty on my vt133 was if I changed it from 2 cell to 3 cell. I guess you looked at this already but it's the only thing I found that effects the icon that way.

Thanks,

Its set to 2 cell Lithium Polymer, 22.2 wh, soft cell cut off 3.1v, maximize puffs. exactly the same as my other VT133 thats fine.

About the only other things I can think of is to check for is a bad display such as a cracked display, possible ribbon problem (fractured runs) in the ribbon, or connection of ribbon to the board.  At any rate might be worth filling out a "Contact" at Evolv and maybe they could look at it...

Modbustersecig said:

big problem my go to Opus DNA 200 gave me short error message first thing this morning changed atty same hook to atomizes analyzer shook mod loosen atty wiggle stable ohms  so tried to fire through scribe first got short then bad dip in battery pack HELP  nickel_short.jpg  secound_short.jpg

problem solved when I rolled back to February 2015 firm ware error said check battery and I did the battery was bad solved the problem replace lipo

Have an issue hopefully someone can help with; upgraded to sp3 and now temp mode using ss316L sucks. I have it set to 47 watts 480F using steam engine TCR for SS. 5 or 6 drags in vapor diminishes quite a bit. with previous firmware temp mode was kick ass. Not sure what's wrong now....

BevoLatte said:

Have an issue hopefully someone can help with; upgraded to sp3 and now temp mode using ss316L sucks. I have it set to 47 watts 480F using steam engine TCR for SS. 5 or 6 drags in vapor diminishes quite a bit. with previous firmware temp mode was kick ass. Not sure what's wrong now....

hard to say I use ss TCR file provide by Escrib Boresa RTA 316L24 GA 0,14 BUILD 120 pre heat 60 watts run temperature dominant and it works good I did have to reload the TCR file one time it wasn't working right I just reloaded it to my opus DNA 200 edit add 460/500 degrees Fahrenheit version 1.2 Sp 2

new_chrom.jpg

BevoLatte said:

Did you change anything at all after updating?  Sound's (to me) like either there is a connection problem inside the atty like a loose screw on a post would cause, or a problem with the board seeing the true ohms, a common cause I've had is a dirty 510 on the atty and/or mod. 

Did you check it in "Device Monitor" while using it so you can see and monitor what the board is seeing and putting out? Watching what's going on during use can point you where to look.

I've experienced the battery meter bug with a number of different DNA200 devices just after updating to 1.2SP3, but they have all fixed themselves. I think most of them were fixed after doing a simple settings upload, but I didn't think to write all that down.

Devices affected (and issue resolved on its own): 
- Reuleaux DNA200
- Vaporshark DNA200
- A few others.

Sorry I can't provide more info right now.

Willy said:

Did you change anything at all after updating?  Sound's (to me) like either there is a connection problem inside the atty like a loose screw on a post would cause, or a problem with the board seeing the true ohms, a common cause I've had is a dirty 510 on the atty and/or mod. 

Did you check it in "Device Monitor" while using it so you can see and monitor what the board is seeing and putting out? Watching what's going on during use can point you where to look.

All I changed was the mod resistance and thermal settings.