Early Firmware and EScribe Suite Discussion Thread

Wingsfan0310 said:

That's for discharging the batteries. I thought it use to be capped at 23 amps. All DNA200's that I'm aware of charge at 1 amp except for the Vapor Shark which charges at 2 amps. Cheers, Steve

Then why are all these DNA 200 lipo box mods being advertised as 50/55 amp continuous/pulse discharge?

daxbender said:

[QUOTE=Wingsfan0310]That's for discharging the batteries. I thought it use to be capped at 23 amps. All DNA200's that I'm aware of charge at 1 amp except for the Vapor Shark which charges at 2 amps. Cheers, Steve

Then why are all these DNA 200 lipo box mods being advertised as 50/55 amp continuous/pulse discharge?[/QUOTE]
That the output current from the board not the input current which is 23 A max.

daxbender said:

[QUOTE=Wingsfan0310]That's for discharging the batteries. I thought it use to be capped at 23 amps. All DNA200's that I'm aware of charge at 1 amp except for the Vapor Shark which charges at 2 amps. Cheers, Steve

Then why are all these DNA 200 lipo box mods being advertised as 50/55 amp continuous/pulse discharge?[/QUOTE]

They are 50-55 amp max output from the chip. I was telling you what the input to the chip was from the batteries. The chip steps down the voltage and steps up the current. They are different things. The batteries are wired in series (11.1v). Voltage x current = watts. If your batteries are at 11.1v would need to draw about 18 amps if you dialed up 200 watts. Once the chip gets the power it will step down the voltage and step up current depending on the resistance of your atomizer (within the chips limitations, in this case a max current output of 50 amps continuous and 55 peak iirc. Not sure what max voltage output is - I'm guessing it's around 9v).

[Ohm's_law_formula_wheel] 

Cheers,
Steve

Edit: VapingBad and I were typing at the same time. I need a refund on that speed typing class I took xD

yup, keep in mind that these packs arent running at 3.7v. they are running at (approx) three times that. this is why the reuleaux with 3x18650 will power the device like a 3s lipo will. its only once the board steps down the voltage to something you would vape at that the current to the 510 runs higher.

---- edit ----

i came in third :(

Hello All,

Just updated to the latest firmware (12.02.2016)  but when changing between profiles I got 2 names one on top and one on the bottom. I believe the bottom one is the name of the material. Is there any way to remove that and just leave the Profile Name?

See an example below:

File_13-02-16_21_05_01.jpg

Thanks

Latest firmware is running great here, only issue i had was after the upgrade it could not download the settings from the device, resulting in needing to setup the device again. (should maybe be looked into before the firmware hits the streets)
Also when deleting the nickel 200 profile from escribe it comes back again along with stainless steel etc.
Other than that things are running great, the new firmware runs perfectly. What's stilll missing is ohm adjustment and reset statistics from the device and then its golden. I'd love a clock on the device too though, but i dont know if this is even possible.

Thank you evolv. This update is awesome. I however did not encounter any problems downloading settings from my device in the new software suite. Also a +1 on an adjustable tcr profile. Being able to change wire for profiles was an unexpected bonus, but having the ability to load a wire with adjustable tcr would be the bomb. And that would leave me wanting nothing more.

fugitiv3 said:

Hello All,

Just updated to the latest firmware (12.02.2016)  but when changing between profiles I got 2 names one on top and one on the bottom. I believe the bottom one is the name of the material. Is there any way to remove that and just leave the Profile Name?

See an example below:

Thanks

Connect to Escribe and you will find one of the profiles has kenthal as a title, had the same on mine,just change it to what you want

fugitiv3 said:

Hello All,

See an example below:

Thanks

At the moment only by upload a picture from the profile name

Top is profile name bottom is wire name. So giving profiles more generic names like preset 1, would make a less confusing screen when you change wire type for a given profile. Also loading a custom screen will get rid of double names, but you would have to remember which wire type you chose if you change wire type for that profile.

mactavish said:

[QUOTE=jurdanas]

James, all EVOLV team.
Thank you four update. Great job. But I have one question:
-- WHERE IS : "special" - "Temperature Coefficient Resistance"
I can't input manual TCR ???
Regards

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/65665-topic/?do=findComment&comment=887955[/QUOTE]

Whoopps!
Sorry and thank you "mactavish".
Change resolution and all works!
:thumb: :hug:

jarred.sayles said:

I dont know if this is a bug or just my computer but on the new update, when I try to run my case anylyzer it will only run for a few seconds after being started then a msg pops up saying " USB disconnected..." has anyone else ran into this issue?

Jarred, I had that happen, I finally resolved the problem by unplugging all my other usb devices, something was conflicting. I've also had problems with usb cables not working with escribe, most will charge fine but not all will work well with escribe. I bought a couple eight foot long, heavy duty, good quality cables at the local electronics shop and have never had a issue with those, it was worth the investment just in the frustration saved.

Hi guys. Well got my efusion dna 200 a couple of weeks ago from evolution vaper. And it's absolutely brilliant. It came with all the wires updated on to it aswel. Very impressed. Just wondering when this latest update will be an auto update on escribe. As I don't want to down load the early version because knowing me I will get a bug and get stressed lol. Thanks

darth vaper said:

Hi guys. Well got my efusion dna 200 a couple of weeks ago from evolution vaper. And it's absolutely brilliant. It came with all the wires updated on to it aswel. Very impressed. Just wondering when this latest update will be an auto update on escribe. As I don't want to down load the early version because knowing me I will get a bug and get stressed lol. Thanks

There is no hard schedule release. If you don't want to run the latest beta version, the one before it was solid. To get the latest features you obviously need to run the latest, and so far it's working fine. Just remember you can always roll it back if you encounter a problem. Not much to lose.