What tanks/drippers on your DNA200?

Mdelaere

Hello

wondering what people use on their DNA200. In the market for some new stuff before TPD is heavily implemented in my country. The law has been make, we're trying to combat it, but we'll live in the dark for at least a while.

Currently, I use a velocity (rarely), thinking of getting the geekvape tsunami. I also use subtanks mostly (yes, still), but also an OBS crius and a Uwell Crown. While that last one is a great performer... I can't tone it down enough to have a great flavourful vape with less vapour. I can easily fire it on 250 degrees Celsius and get clouds and good flavour, but that's not really the way I vape. I do that on occassion. The Crius gives me more flexibility and flavour in that department.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can relate to the 'not blowing huge clouds', just good flavor. i find my crown, which i dont use much anymore, difficult to dial in especially with that 'clicky' aiflow. i can't find a comfortable restrictive lung hit on it. i usually set it between halfway and quarter open (between clicks). i find my goblin and goblin mini are great for flavor and i can dial in the AFC just where i want it. 

ChunkyButt200 said:

i can relate to the 'not blowing huge clouds', just good flavor. i find my crown, which i dont use much anymore, difficult to dial in especially with that 'clicky' aiflow. i can't find a comfortable restrictive lung hit on it. i usually set it between halfway and quarter open (between clicks). i find my goblin and goblin mini are great for flavor and i can dial in the AFC just where i want it. 

That's one of my issues, the clicky airflow is a nice concept... but I can't dial it in the way I want it. Maybe I can try halfway and quarter open like you, maybe get a better feel.

I have two Billow V2 Nano's that I like a lot.  They have a little tighter draw.  The deck is not huge but I am running SS Claptons on it and they fit after a lot of adjustment.  I also have a Griffin RDTA and it's great.  Lots of vapor, good flavor and easy deck to build (velocity style).  

for dripping I'm mainly using 2 velocity RDAs, I have a phenotype-l but I find I get too much spit back (although that could be the build - fused Clapton nichrome/kanthal at about 0.18 - might try something less "rowdy"!)

+1 with the GeekVape Tsunami - that's looking really nice.

what impact do you think the TPD is going to have? I thought that liquids were going to be the most affected area - but I am curious what's likely to happen with mods/RDAs...

There was that point about tanks being leak proof - do you think that's going to finish the RDA/RTA market?

mikepetro said:

Ditto, except I bypassed the junk bucket and all other attys either got PIFd or went in the trash.

Well..I added  mine to the ones you PIFd to me anyway.  I have 12 of them that are servicable, but really am shying away from giving them out due to the fact that thus far nobody wants to learn to build them and every one I have given out is a "friend for life" or for as long as I have wire.

I've been using a Wotofo Serpent for a week or so now and it works well with temp limiting, a nice single coil tank with good flavour. The over drilled post holes and grub screws need sorting otherwise they make excellent guillotines! When will they learn?

I had the black version but exchanged it for SS as the resistance was very unstable. I couldn't work out exactly why but assume it to be the black finish.

I have a number of Squape(R)s and with the 'B' deck it's a very flavourful atty. Adjustable pos pin screw thread connection need a simple fix to give stable resistance though.

Up there with the Squape is the UTA2, that also needs the post holes and grub screw fix, It is a clone though.

I have an Aromamiser but don't use it much, maybe it doesn't suit my style of vaping as well as the others.  

scott6058 said:

Aromamizer as well and the Derringer by Praxis for dripping.
Aromamizer is the best engineered tank because you can rebuild it without having to have an empty tank. The Derringer is a extreme flavor chucker:P
Hotfire Hero is my DNA200 mod.:D

The Billow V2 and UD Bellus can also be rebuilt without the tank being empty. Probably other tanks as well that I'm not aware of. The airflow control band (why they went with that I'll never understand) has always stood in the way of me ordering an Aromamizer.

Cheers,
Steve

VapingBad said:

The V2 Aromamizer has a more conventional metal airflow control ring Steve, I love the V1 and got a V2 on order they are soooo easy to rewick with horizontal coils and excellent flavour IMO.

I'll definitely look into ordering the V2. Thanks VapingBad for passing along that information! :thumb:

Cheers,
Steve

I tend to use either the Lemo 2 (510 pin reversed for better connection) or one of my 2 Chthulu V2's (with the Velocity style deck) for my ADV, a Subtank mini (using the RBA deck) for 'trial' or quick flavours (easiest to strip and clean) and a Kayfun 4 (with the spring changed to a copper 'spacer' for stable ohms) for a change or nights out (very tight draw and bomb proof with the metal tank section) all using Ti (twisted pair, 28AWG) wire in TC mode at about 200 degrees C.

• 1 month later...