What battery are you using/planning to use?

malcbzt said:

Thank you for the info. I am in Eu, Croatia. Will try to get some from some Eu sites.. will this battery last one day of 50W vaping like one 18650 2.5Ah or close?

If 3s 1300mah = 3900mah of 18650, so yes will last a day or two ;)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the fit of the Turnigy 30C 1000mah in one of the "CNC" 1590G.  This is my "thrown together quickly for testing" device.  It all fits as long as you use C&K Tactiles for the switches.  Well, you could always use the push rod setup for switches too.   hey.jpg

hey.jpg

1.jpg

vaporlips said:

Here's the fit of the Turnigy 30C 1000mah in one of the "CNC" 1590G.  This is my "thrown together quickly for testing" device.  It all fits as long as you use C&K Tactiles for the switches.  Well, you could always use the push rod setup for switches too.   hey.jpg

Beats mine, I'm still running the "Invisicase" I built on day one...;)... Good news is I'm yet to find a battery that isn't a perfect fit!!

image.jpg

mamu said:

I'm getting a day and then some of vape runtime using the beta mod with a FullyMax 900mAh 30C lipo pack, as well as a DNA200 mod using MaxAmps 800mAh 40C lipo pack, before needing a charge.

Running 20W, 0.09 coil, TC, and I'm a fairly constant vaper.

These are the batts I have and testing (all 3S):
FullyMax 900mAh, 30C
MaxAmps 800mAh 40C
Turnigy nano-tech 950mAh, 25C
Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh, 25C
MaxAmps 1300mAh, 100C
MaxAmps 1800mAh, 100C

Would 2 parallel fullymax be too much for the chip ... I'm looking to run the 900 mah as well but want more life out of it so was thinking running 2... Any thoughts?

Bern18462 said:

Would 2 parallel fullymax be too much for the chip ... I'm looking to run the 900 mah as well but want more life out of it so was thinking running 2... Any thoughts?

You might be better off looking for a 1800+mah lipo. It would be cheaper. 

Bern18462 said:

Not doable.  Escribe can't monitor six 3.7v cells, but more importantly the DNA200 can only charge and balance three 3.7v cells.

Batteries in parallel balance each other naturally. This means that if you have, for example, a 3S3P, you won't be able to directly monitor each parallel set. But with natural balance, all cells in the parallel set will always read the same. If you have a bad cell, the whole set will read low. 

• 3 weeks later...
FromOblivion said:

so I haven't got a solid answer but are these to overkill I have them for my R/C and was wondering if I can use them in a box mod with this chip...?

Venom 35C 3S 3 Cell 5000mAh 11.1V

No issue with that battery other than it's HUGE!!!
:eek:

The DNA200 requires a battery with 11.1v nominal, a balance connector and can handle 23a continuous discharge. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Turnigy airsoft battety Capacity: 1200mAh Voltage: 3S1P / 3S Cell / 11.1V Discharge: 15C Constant / 25C Burst Weight: 94g (including wire, plug & case) Dimensions: 128x17x20mm (Each) Balance Plug: JST-XH Discharge Plug: Mini-Tamiya (Mini Molex) Would this battery be sufficient? The lower C rating has me worried but I did read an article in here before talking about C ratings being iffy from manufactures. So any thoughts? Thanks, Ken

Just in case someone is looking for a battery I'm using these. http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php/hobby-people-11-1v-2200mah-3s-30c-lipo-battery-t-conn.html used them for a few years in different rc applications never had a issue with them. Making my own enclosure so decided I wanted battery life lol.

• 6 months later...

Are the most commonly recommended upgrade packs suitable for somebody who can't soder or anything? I want to safely unplug the wires, remove the pack, and replace it. Then simply screw it back together. I'm looking for 40C and 1100mAh if it fits nicely, otherwise I'd insist on a 1400mAh or greater pack. I have an Hcigar VT 200 and word has it the official upgrade pack is out of production. just my luck...as soon as I get it too. 40c is a must. I paid for power and sacrificed mAh and think if these option are available, I'm into it. If there's a better DNA 200 mod under 180 bucks or so, with a perfectly fitting battery pack, let me know because I want more amperage. Thanks.

NickyGiaccone said:

Are the most commonly recommended upgrade packs suitable for somebody who can't soder or anything? I want to safely unplug the wires, remove the pack, and replace it. Then simply screw it back together. I'm looking for 40C and 1100mAh if it fits nicely, otherwise I'd insist on a 1400mAh or greater pack. I have an Hcigar VT 200 and word has it the official upgrade pack is out of production. just my luck...as soon as I get it too. 40c is a must. I paid for power and sacrificed mAh and think if these option are available, I'm into it. If there's a better DNA 200 mod under 180 bucks or so, with a perfectly fitting battery pack, let me know because I want more amperage. Thanks.

The Hcigar replacement battery is in stock here:
http://sweet-vapes.com/hcigar-vt200-replacement-lipo-battery.html

NickyGiaccone said:

It doesn't quite work like that. The DNA board draws the amps from the battery, the battery does not push amps into the board. Using a 70C battery will be of no benefit because the max the board will draw from the battery is 23 amps.

If you don't know how to solder, you'll have to go with the Hcigar replacement because your not going to find any lipo packs with a 30 amp - XT30 connector.