What battery are you using/planning to use?

My DNA200 should arrive any day (oh I get chills just typing that) but in the mean time, what are you using with your 200?  Does it seem to work out well?  Any thoughts on what you're going to use when yours arrives?  

I see all the info regarding specific types, but I would love to see the actual battery models early adopters are using.  What are you using Bap ?  

Thanks!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Currently using a Turnigy 65c 2250mAh and on the 4th day of use.

Waiting for delivery of the following to size up with enclosures.

Turnigy nano-tech 850mAh 3S 45~90C
Turnigy nano-tech 1000mah 3S 25~50C
Turnigy nano-tech 1300mah 3S 25~50C
Turnigy nano-tech 1500mah 3S 25~50C

on such small aH capacity packs, I would highly recommend going to a LiFEpo4.  With anything below 3000ish,maH you are going to be cycling VERY often.  A traditional LiPo is not going to last very long, a LiFe is going to have MUCH greater cycle life, and it's energy density is still pretty good (120wH/kg). 

Also the benefits of safety, offered by lithium iron phosphate cells.....that will be my choice for research and development.  Basically a 10aH "cased" cell array.  You really want to have adequate current reserves for testing and calibrations.....

I'm getting a day and then some of vape runtime using the beta mod with a FullyMax 900mAh 30C lipo pack, as well as a DNA200 mod using MaxAmps 800mAh 40C lipo pack, before needing a charge.

Running 20W, 0.09 coil, TC, and I'm a fairly constant vaper.

These are the batts I have and testing (all 3S):
FullyMax 900mAh, 30C
MaxAmps 800mAh 40C
Turnigy nano-tech 950mAh, 25C
Turnigy nano-tech 1300mAh, 25C
MaxAmps 1300mAh, 100C
MaxAmps 1800mAh, 100C

I'm getting a day and then some of vape runtime using the beta mod with a FullyMax 900mAh 30C lipo pack, as well as a DNA200 mod using MaxAmps 800mAh 40C lipo pack, before needing a charge.

FullyMax 900mAh, 30C
MaxAmps 800mAh 40C
MaxAmps 1300mAh, 100C
MaxAmps 1800mAh, 100C

Thanks Mamu!
Just about what I guesstimated. I think the 40C 1000mah lipo pack should serve me well. 

mamu said:

FullyMax 900mAh, 30C
MaxAmps 800mAh 40C
MaxAmps 1300mAh, 100C
MaxAmps 1800mAh, 100C

Can you please confirm the size of the battery in the beta mod? I'm after some in the UK with overnight delivery. I have 70 X 26 X 18mm

Ta for the info. I have ordered a couple of Turnigy nano-tech 950mah. That battery may be a tight squeeze in the beta enclosure, if it fits at all (Can you confirm pls Mamu?) Also a 1300mAh nano tech but not the higher c rated one(both25-50) as they were out ofs tock in the UK. Glad for the 24hr delivery.

It fits in the beta enclosure. That was the first battery we were using for our tests. It isn't a bad battery if you get a good one. But out of the first ten we ordered, one had a bad cell and two had a cell installed BACKWARDS. Yeah... Also with the lowest cost hobby kings packs, they seem to just take whatever cells they can get and make packs. There doesn't seem to be any effort to match cells for capacity, age, date code, etc. All these things matter to a manufacturer. To an individual modder, they are cheap enough if one out of two packs is okay you probably come out ahead.

Got one of these guys. 

[tumblr_nqtksnCdx81r31daro1_1280] 
Was originally going to go with a lifepo battery but the ones I wanted were all too big for the enclosure I was going to use. Unless I went with a small capacity one but I vape up 10.000mah worth of 18650s (2 sets of samsung r25s) in a day I don't think a 900-1000ish mah lifepo would last me long.

John said:

It fits in the beta enclosure. That was the first battery we were using for our tests. It isn't a bad battery if you get a good one. But out of the first ten we ordered, one had a bad cell and two had a cell installed BACKWARDS. Yeah... Also with the lowest cost hobby kings packs, they seem to just take whatever cells they can get and make packs. There doesn't seem to be any effort to match cells for capacity, age, date code, etc. All these things matter to a manufacturer. To an individual modder, they are cheap enough if one out of two packs is okay you probably come out ahead.

Ta for the reply John,

Could you direct me toward some higher quality batteries available in the Uk?
Don't mind if they cost a bit more - just concened about the dimensions for the enclosure and the batteries not being too long

A list of batteries tested and the results would be very helpful if you are able to provide that.

What have your tests shown for higher C rating batteries?

Maybe a group buy of good quaility batteries would be possible

Mac said:

[QUOTE=John]It fits in the beta enclosure. That was the first battery we were using for our tests. It isn't a bad battery if you get a good one. But out of the first ten we ordered, one had a bad cell and two had a cell installed BACKWARDS. Yeah... Also with the lowest cost hobby kings packs, they seem to just take whatever cells they can get and make packs. There doesn't seem to be any effort to match cells for capacity, age, date code, etc. All these things matter to a manufacturer. To an individual modder, they are cheap enough if one out of two packs is okay you probably come out ahead.

Ta for the reply John,

Could you direct me toward some higher quality batteries available in the Uk?
Don't mind if they cost a bit more - just concened about the dimensions for the enclosure and the batteries not being too long

A list of batteries tested and the results would be very helpful if you are able to provide that.

What have your tests shown for higher C rating batteries?

Maybe a group buy of good quaility batteries would be possible[/QUOTE] Gen Ace/Tattu maybe this is what you looking for https://www.electricwingman.com/gens-ace-lipo-batteries.aspx http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=240

Loving these suggestions.  I am learning more, and loving more and more the battery chemistry of LiFe.  Now, to find a small one... good friend David J found this one:

http://www.maxamps.com/proddetail.php?prod=Life-1050-99-ERevo-Pack

Loving the looks of it.  And something we have to consider is 1050mah on this baby is a whole different ball game than 1050mah on a regular ol' 18650.  Well, I guess technically it's the same thing, but you will get more vape time.

I thought the change from 18650 was going to be a painful one, I'm not feeling that way so much anymore.  

Matt_302 said:

Quick question would you guys think that this lipo pack would fit in the beta enclosure or steer me into the right direction for a good mah rating lipo to use in the beta enclosure I have a buddy 3d printing me the enclosure and just wanna make sure I'll have enough room.

That's lipo too big to into beta enclosure unless you make some adjustment. Beta enclosure 94mm in heigh and that 5000mah is 150mm.

I was assuming that the question about the 5000mah battery was not serious...but in case it was...here are a couple pics of that battery (from one of my multirotors)...lined up with some mods... From left to right: Seigeli 150w; Ham 1591; battery; ipv4; and Hammond 1590b; Hammond 1590g. So to answer the question: since the beta box is smaller than all of these - no way. Think they are using an 850-900 mah batt.

20150704_001348.jpg

20150704_001312.jpg

I'm sorry, I forgot to click the Subscribe to this thread button so to get notifications.

Alexander Mundy said:

Hey Mamu, how is that Turnigy nano-tech 950mAh? Got 2 coming.

I'm getting the same performance (meaning I can't tell any difference) as the 3S Fullymax 900mAh 30C and MaxAmps 800mAh 40C.

But then, I'm a wush lol. Running 0.08 ohm, TC, 20W, and with preheat burst at 25W and punch at 1. Those running full tilt may notice a difference between the lipo packs.

Mac said:

Can you please confirm the size of the battery in the beta mod? I'm after some in the UK with overnight delivery. I have 70 X 26 X 18mm

Should fit as has similar dimensions, just a mm more width than what is being used in the beta mod.

The 3 that I found that fit and with essentially the same dimensions are:
MaxAmps 800mAh 30C
Turnigy nano-tech 950mAh 25C
Fullymax 900mAh 30C (this is what is currently in my beta mod)