Mac Suppport

29 minutes ago, James said:

@mrphilip, the new version of EScribe Suite is compatible with Mojave, but it *should* work all the way back to MacOS Lion 10.7. Let me know if it does not.

Upload to High Sierra 10.13.6 complete. Changed setting on my second Orion using this version and tested device monitor with no significant  problems. Monitor does freeze some and errors show on many tabs for a short bit but it corrects itself. Happened in SP17 too. Thank you for the rapid answer James.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a short feedback

The overall performance of escribe seems to be slower than it was on V.17 - with 18 and 19 i often see the "color wheel"  - reading the data of my 75C device needs 45 seconds and longer - device monitor seems to be smoother in v19 than it was on v18 

But everything seems to work but a bit "laggy"

• 2 weeks later...

SP19 just bounces a few times for me, then crashes right away. No dialog box or anything but this is the console's output:

Dec 19 11:04:04 Chriss-Mac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Dec 19 11:04:15 Chriss-Mac-Pro mono-sgen64[7382]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Dec 19 11:04:15 Chriss-Mac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.mono-sgen64.7382): Could not resolve origin of domain. XPC services in this domain's bundle will not be bootstrapped: error = 107: Malformed bundle, taint = missing executable
Dec 19 11:04:15 Chriss-Mac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit

This is a day old fresh install of Mojave on a 2010 Mac Pro.. I haven't been able to use Escribe at all since about SP17 and one of the High Sierra updates.. It opened fine, but backing up or sending a config to my HCigar DNA75C took FOREVER, and actually hung and soft-bricked my DNA a couple times. Opening up a theme in the Theme Editor, will almost immediately crash it as well. I had to install it under Win 10 on my Bootcamp partition to restore it when I bricked it while it was attempting to upload a theme. Windows worked just fine but no luck on the Mac for awhile now..

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2018 at 2:12 PM, Monotremata said:

SP19 just bounces a few times for me, then crashes right away. No dialog box or anything but this is the console's output:

Dec 19 11:04:04 Chriss-Mac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit
Dec 19 11:04:15 Chriss-Mac-Pro mono-sgen64[7382]: DEPRECATED USE in libdispatch client: dispatch source activated with no event handler set; set a breakpoint on _dispatch_bug_deprecated to debug
Dec 19 11:04:15 Chriss-Mac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.domain.pid.mono-sgen64.7382): Could not resolve origin of domain. XPC services in this domain's bundle will not be bootstrapped: error = 107: Malformed bundle, taint = missing executable
Dec 19 11:04:15 Chriss-Mac-Pro com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.imfoundation.IMRemoteURLConnectionAgent): Unknown key for integer: _DirtyJetsamMemoryLimit

This is a day old fresh install of Mojave on a 2010 Mac Pro.. I haven't been able to use Escribe at all since about SP17 and one of the High Sierra updates.. It opened fine, but backing up or sending a config to my HCigar DNA75C took FOREVER, and actually hung and soft-bricked my DNA a couple times. Opening up a theme in the Theme Editor, will almost immediately crash it as well. I had to install it under Win 10 on my Bootcamp partition to restore it when I bricked it while it was attempting to upload a theme. Windows worked just fine but no luck on the Mac for awhile now..

you and me both, every new version or even the old ones do not work. I sent in a ticket and they told me they were working on it

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, JaI Haze said:

yeah ive had this problem for months now. I dont think they are going to update it

They have done already, but I don't think it's common knowledge!

I use this version (SP20) on Mojave with no problems whatsoever - https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP20_INT.pkg - This is the International version as I'm in the UK,  delete the "INT" from the link if you don't require that version.

Hope that helps you out.

6 hours ago, DJT said:

I use this version (SP20) on Mojave with no problems whatsoever - https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_SP20_INT.pkg - This is the International version as I'm in the UK,  delete the "INT" from the link if you don't require that version.

Hope that helps you out.

You mean, change the INT to US.. ;) Its working for me again with SP20. It opened finally just to start. I haven't been able to do anything with it when it did work for quite awhile now. Loading a theme would crash it about 2 seconds later. Downloading the device settings took forever, and THEN it crashed. Just uploaded a theme to my 75C and Escribe is still open and waiting to go, everything seems to be working just fine once again.

Edited by Monotremata

6 hours ago, DJT said:

Hope that helps you out.

yeah neither the int or the us version works for me. Its due to the cpu im using, its the coffee lake. I can get it work on my dual cpu from 2017 just not the 2018 model with 4 cores

vor 7 Stunden schrieb DJT:

Hope that helps you out.

Thanks this package is working for me (Mojave 10.14.4)

it is not available on the Website so as a "regular" customer it is just not working :D

PS: I have updated the homebrew cask for that also :P

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

yea I can 100% confirm that with the coffee lake cpu's it does not work, or any of the quad cores. It does work on the mac mini and even on catalina. So whoever is coding this, if you want to make it open source or send me the files I can also help code it to be more compatiable. Not 100% sure when I can get to it, but I do have a strong coding background

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 8:21 PM, JaI Haze said:

It does work on the mac mini and even on catalina.

Sort of. I can get SP19 to run on Catalina and talk to the DNA, but as soon as I hit any of the save or load options in Escribe or Theme Designer, it crashes.

I've given it Full Disk Access and even run it with sudo... it just doesn't like the file chooser in Catalina.

The SP20 version is 404 now.

• 3 months later...
On 3/10/2016 at 10:42 AM, Wayneo said:

With all respect, escribe needs drivers and a connection to plug into. So you'd think it's worthwhile to invest in mobile OS's such as IOS where you can't make a connection to a phone or ipad, or android, same thing? Uploads/downloads.

I think the closest thing to satisfy your platform independence would be an html5 browser based solution.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

mrphilip replied:
Much has changed since this posting- including the ease an iPad now connects to external devices. My iPad air uses the powered digital camera adapter to connect to thumb drives, external hard drives, whatever... but we need iOS/iPad OS 13 apps for escribe and ecigstats.

These tablets have grown up and can handle more than most ask them... gmail won't format in the ios app but will via safari on the same tablet? Silly. 

Please Evolv bring your tobacco harm reduction data collection and graphing to the new era of connectivity. If you search 'vape' in the apple app store you might be surprised to find more than you have seen.  Lets show them what real thinkers can add to vaping research inquiries that study blu when juul has 75% of the market. Sciencedirect, I'm shocked by the parameters your scientists choose for their well funded research.. Evolv have you asked the NIH if they have funding for you to access?

They are more approachable than you might think.

Edited by mrphilip
quote tool did not separate well

Yo, 

Sorry if this has been answered before guys, but just about to nosh on some grub and wanted to throw out a question. 

Just bought the new Orion plus pods for my DNA Go & downloaded the new software on my partners windows laptop through EScribe. I have a Mac myself, and I was wandering whether I can customise my settings on my DNA GO using the Mac SP19 software still, or if i need to now use the Windows SP20 software due to the upgrade? 

• 3 months later...