Mac Suppport

Hace 1 hora, James dijo:

If anyone would like to try these experimental versions, let me know how they work for you!

International version: https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_2021-08-19_SP29_INT.pkg

Testing, so far works fine, thanks James.

`Testing on my oni 167 dna 250, running under "El Capitan 10.11.6", it works very well.`

Edited by Lucifer
update

1 hour ago, James said:

On a Mac, /you are not free/.

At any rate, I'm glad to see this version is working. :)

Now now now.  I run OSX on my own hardware, install my own code and code from others outside of the "store" (which I don't use).  I use my preferred shell, development tools and have a pretty good GUI.  If I could get some of my 3d modeling tools to run in Linux, I would not need it at all, but I do like the general workflow of using it.  Now for the "run it on the mac I bought" crowd...yea the OS has constraints.  The applications I have purchased are all outside of the app store.  If they end that...then me and many other tech geeks will drop them.  Windows has gotten better (still a bit ugly though).

On 8/19/2021 at 5:40 PM, James said:

If anyone would like to try these experimental versions, let me know how they work for you!

US version: https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_2021-08-19_SP29_US.pkg

International version: https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupEScribe2_2021-08-19_SP29_INT.pkg

Is there a page with some info on how this experimental version is different or better in some way? Personally, with my old 12.x OS, I’m not interested in beta testing, the now last/old version is working fine. Just curious if this new version is for newer OS’s mostly, which I may need someday, when I upgrade my hardware. Thanks. 

On 8/11/2021 at 2:56 PM, BillW50 said:

Oh I see, like those Apple banned Apps. Oh wait, it couldn't be posted on the store anyway since Apple banned all vape Apps a few years ago.  :(

@BillW50 you can install whatever you want on your Mac regardless of Apple's stance. Any 'ban' would only affect an app's availability in the app store. An iPhone is a different story however. The mobile devices would be affected and would require 'jail breaking' to install apps from sources other than Apple's App Store. 

2 hours ago, skineedog said:

The mobile devices would be affected and would require 'jail breaking' to install apps from sources other than Apple's App Store. 

Yea...oddly though I really like the OSX operating system but that reason alone keeps me on Android for mobile.  Love the BSD kernel (though mutated at this point), the familiar shell, ease of compiler use, workflow etc...but the phone scares the heck out of me.  The future of mod to human data interface is at the phone level though.  I know lots of folks now that generally do their "computing" with a phone primarily (news, banking, entertainment, video conferencing...and the list goes on).  I made calls, share texts, love the camera (pixel), use the heck of out the hotspot, and use the internet for questions that pop into my head while I am lying in bed thinking about a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
7 hours ago, DNA Papst Soulvape said:

Escribe starts in Mac OS Ventura Beta, but as soon as it is supposed to read data from a board, the program simply closes without any error messages

Apple is breaking things from one beta to the next (just like they did during the Catalina, Big Sur, Monterey, etc betas), they should probably wait a bit til its closer to release.

• 1 month later...
Преди 13 часа, James написа:

I've posted up the Mac version of EScribe Suite, Service Pack 45:

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-early-firmware-and-escribe-suite/#comment-939267

Thanks James,  this version is now working on Windows, however, I have the following problem with the Mac OS version: Since version 30.3, none, including this one, start. No error appears on the screen. Mac OS 13.6 - probably with an older version of Mac, but I can't update it. In the system logs I find the following (attached file). Can you help? I work primarily on Mac...

bug2.txt

Edited by copyman
edit

8 hours ago, James said:

I've updated the MacOS download of EScribe Suite SP45. This update makes it compatible with MacOS 10.12 (Sierra) and up. If it didn't work for you before, download it now and it should.

Unfortunately the Escribe Suite still crashes on the latest beta version of MacOS Ventura. It happens when you connect a DNA Device and the settings are downloaded. Every single time. With or without batteries.