Dna250c Error Press Up

BdubH22

Hi guys, im looking to find some help on a few issues with my lost vape triade dna250c project sub ohm edition. First and biggest issue the error message i get several times a day. White screen that says Error Press Up. Sometimes it happens when the screen turns off, sometimes it does it inbetween puffs, does it when i update it or try to change the theme. Each time it makes me unlock the device again. Ive reset it back to the default theme and still does it, also my replay function is wonky.. I can change it to replay but i cant hit the save button. Also earlier it went to black screen and wouldnt turn on again until i popped a battery out.. Ive only had the thing for 2 weeks and i did upgrade to the sp35. I did see the soft and hard reset options on escribe but wasnt sure what they do, so would one of these reset the entire chip back to factory? Firmware and all? 

3 hours ago, BdubH22 said:

I did see the soft and hard reset options on escribe but wasnt sure what they do, so would one of these reset the entire chip back to factory?

If you meant reboot, you can do either. 

The dangerous option is 'restore defaults', that one will reset back to factory (unless the vendor saved their default values).

4 hours ago, BdubH22 said:

I did the restore defaults option last night and it fixed replay but im still getting the "error press up" message.. I didnt have this problem before i did the service pack upgrade, is there any way to install an older SP/firmware?

Connect to EScribe, tools tab, apply service pack, choose the one that you want. 

i think i finally got it figured out and SP33.2 seems to have fixed it  (sp35 =  a dud for now!). Thank you everyone that helped me on this! So I ended up uninstalling escribe and downloading an older version of Escribe from  2015 here

and then i upgraded the Escribe with the link from the 2nd to last post on this page that contains sp33.2, shut Escribe off, restarted the PC and installed 33.2 on my mod. No more white screen saying error press up!!!!

• Like 1

good to hear u solved it.

At me only put the 1_1_SP33_2_INT.sw-service on my Vapecige, solved it, i don´t have to install other escribe-versions

before i get the "error press up" everytime when the DNA try to go sleep, sometime while uploading with escribe.

Use original config/theme or factory settings, makes no difference.

So for me SP35 is buggy

bye

• Like 1

It didnt matter what theme i was using. I even tried restoring factory defaults and kept having the same errors with SP35. And it didnt give me the error while i was hitting it but it seemed to randomly thow me the error when the screen timed out (goes black) so sometimes it happened while holding it if i didnt chain vape. Since i downgraded back to SP33.2 i havent had a single issue with anything, not even custom themes! SP35 is flawed!

• 1 month later...

Its really funny this is happening. i have one triade dna250c that does not turn on when batteries are inserted and needs a jump start by connecting the usb cable and then its all fine.. now the new one i got (traide 250c) does not have that problem but the 'error press  up' error but not the others. Having said that i also have a thinkvape finder 250c which has none of these problems including the deep sleep for which they brought out the SP35. anyone think it has something to do with lost vape?

On 11/6/2018 at 3:20 PM, James said:

If you would like to try it, this experimental firmware (SP38) may fix the DNA 250C Error Press Up bug that was introduced in SP35. Let me know if you still get Error Press Up when using it. :)

@James , my mod with SP35 (told you about this earlier) did not exhibit this until after I created a new screen on the Evolv default theme and had it set to 'return to parent'. After changing that option to 'return to main screen' all is fine at SP35. That mod is still at SP35.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So this is kind of crazy. My name's Wade, I owned a few DNA 200's a couple of years ago, but had been out of the DNA game since. I just got the Lost Vape Triade DNA 250C yesterday and out of the box, well first it wouldn't power on. Then once it booted up I started getting the white screen with the "Error Press Up" message in red. I used it for about4-5 hours with that happening sporadically. It would happen while actively vaping or if I left it sit and it would go into lock mode. Also, it kept asking me if I was using a new coil without changing the atty. I connected to Escribe, found it was running the SP35 so I downloaded SP38. Still kept happening, but not as often. I came here and saw this thread and took Anna's advice and put SP33 on it and it hasn't happened since. The only thing is I notice with that the mod will only go to 250 watts (which really isn't a problem per se I don't vape at 300 watts), but this morning after it had sat idle with no atomizer on it overnight, it was dead and I had to push a bunch of buttons to get it to start up, but it's been fine since. Just seems kind of bogus to me to have a new mod that it says was made in December 2018, programmed in January of this year and have to use an older version of software to operate. Not sure if I am going to try and send it back yet or not, just kind of waiting to see what it does. I only have 3 batteries and to it's credit they are now charging after 24 hours of use.

• 4 months later...
On 11/12/2018 at 5:59 PM, Wayneo said:

@James , my mod with SP35 (told you about this earlier) did not exhibit this until after I created a new screen on the Evolv default theme and had it set to 'return to parent'. After changing that option to 'return to main screen' all is fine at SP35. That mod is still at SP35.

Reviving an old thread but i suffered the same problem with error up message every time i uploaded a theme or firmware to my device but everything worked as it should even though it displayed error up message , the device in question is a vapecige VT250C i now have 2 of them one gives this error up message the other one doesn't  , i read this thread and tried Wayneo's solution as my lock screen hadn't got anything assigned to it so i assigned  round robin and it fixed the problem of the error up message  

Capture.PNG